Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation HSV "Oh What A Feeling"

HSV's new managing director, ex-Toyota executive Scott Grant, talks to TOBY HAGON about the future of Australia's premier performance brand.

Scott Grant is HSV's third CEO in 20 years.

Fresh from 19 years and 12 different jobs at Toyota and Lexus, newly appointed HSV managing director Scott Grant has a new challenge on his hands. The self-titled “luckiest executive” in the car industry knows he cannot continue the HSV status quo; he must reposition the performance-focused company for a strong and viable future in a world of rising fuel prices and environmental awareness.
http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleId=40119
From fuel efficient alternatives to a broader range of performance vehicles, Grant is keen to look at all manner of opportunities for Australia’s most successful luxury car brand.

As HSV approaches its 20th anniversary, Grant has been appointed to the top job to bring a fresh approach to the engineering-based company that’s made its name on performance versions of the Holden Commodore and Caprice.

csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
Fairlane
V8 Powaah

Sounds like atypical toyota exec, just hope he doesnt screw it up. HSV is great because it has had an engineering focus (Callaway C4B, the old 5.7 Stroker etc), giving people the cars they want (ie Holden V8's for bogans and wealthy bogans at heart) whilst also providing the lifestyle- OE branded equipment in the cars- The I just want one bogan campaign- Copious amounts of matching merchandise.

This guy sounds a bit out of it talking about diesels and hybrid's, man it's HSV for gods sake, Clubsports and Maloo's are their bread and butter. Cant see Astra's or whatever being a big seller, when there are cars like Golf GTI. Want to expand the range, build a Turbo V6 Alloytec or fix the utes.

XF S pack Sedan- AU 302 Windsor, T5, 2.77 LSD, Many Mods
Fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

oh great! HSV's are gonna be even uglier and easy to beat!
Old 23-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor
oh great! HSV's are gonna be even uglier and easy to beat!
Hahah!
Old 23-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #5
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the questions ask was:

Q Can you be broad enough to bring in younger buyers?

A The ideal scenario would be to bring in a 25 to 30-year old and get them into an Astra, then move them into the broader range of HSV product over time, then have them at 45 in a Senator and 55 in a Grange.

Being in the 25-30 bracket, I would not buy a HSV astra. Most other people I know in that age bracket would not buy a HSV astra. I really think this guy doesnt have a clue about the customers who actually buy HSV's. It also sounds like he hasnt done much research on past HSV products.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #6
T3man
Banned

Sounds like the best thing HSV could do - for Ford!!! HA ha. Hang in there FPV, things are going to start looking up for you!
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #7
Ridin-High

i want a grange @ 25

Ps. Yes i have used the search button mum....
Ridin-High is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
ck11

Think you guys are missing the point. Not all people in the 25 year age bracket want to drive big family cars i.e. grange, senator etc. A lot of people prefer a smaller car and dont need a big car till they have a family. Performance enthusiasts on various forums are one segment of the market (which hsv alredy targets). But there are a large segment of people that arent interested in HSV's because of their limited offering and it would be very lucrative to capture that segment.

This isnt something exclusive to the new CEO, HSV have tried to move into this direction for a while, whethet they have a product good enough to capture that market remains to be seen.

He also highlighted the emphasis on dealer service and customer service, which is again a step in the right direction. Performance enthusiasts might be willing to spend 80k at HSV or FPV and put up with the service Holden and Ford offer, but the rest of the market isnt. Dealer and customer service is just as important as the product itself (compare rick damilien vs your local holden/ford dealer). Naturally none of these strategies might work, but i think that would be more due to the culture of the organisation than the new CEO i.e. cant really imagine a Holden dealer actually providing service to the standards of some of the eurpoean one's. Strategies and training are one thing, but it is upto the dealer principles/owners to implement them.
ck11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #9
bigAl
THIS IS SPARTA!!

seems like hsv might become the the hot hatch ricer car maker :P
bigAl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

: @ thread title