Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2005, 08:50 AM   #31
TIRED6
A V8 salute to my DEATH

Default 6 cylinder sedan, OH CRAP

I got me an EF, If they take that what i supposed to drive. A damb mummers car (LASER, MAZDA, NISSAN). I'm thinkin about a 1972 Mach 1 Mustang, maybe i should get that and be done with it. F@#king victoria rules.
Old 24-03-2005, 09:03 AM   #32
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I saw that list, and laughed. It's just too f*ckin funny.

A BA Ute is too powerful for P Platers?!?!?!?

*Wipes tear from eye*

Ah, that's a good laugh. Right, serious business.

Whoever said it's not what they drive, it's how they drive is 100% correct. Too many morons get in cars and drive like f*ckin idiots. Maybe Victoria needs tougher licencing tests.
Old 24-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #33
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Whoever said it's not what they drive, it's how they drive is 100% correct. Too many morons get in cars and drive like f*ckin idiots. Maybe Victoria needs tougher licencing tests.
I agree 100%, it's too easy to get a license, and I think the vast majority of young people (I can say that, I'm only 26) have no idea when it comes to how easy it can be to lose control and wipe themselves out, as well as innocent people, and lots of them (not all, obviously) shouldn't be getting into the drivers seat until they've grown up a bit.

The license tests are waaaaaaaaay too easy, I was suprised at just how easy they both were, I got 100% on my Ls test and 96% on my Ps, I was expecting them both to be a lot tougher, and the sad thing is that now I never have to be tested again, basically I've got a license now for the rest of my life, never to be tested again.

I honestly think it's waaaaaaay too easy to get a license, at least here in Victoria...

My 2c worth, including GST.
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #34
TYAFRYA
BEATING GMH'S EVERYWHERE

we got it easy in perth we can have anything most of the nob heads drive commodores so thats fine with me leaves the good cars like fords for me
put its to easy to get your lic they have changed it a little but there is no way in the world it would of been safe for me or anyone else in perth if i had owned a XR6T or a v8 for my 1st car we all think we can drive when we get a lic but very few can i dont care if this upsets people but i own a tow truck and i see some bad shit and most of it happens because people are drunk and drive home how the hell this makes you a good drive got me stuffed . or some wombat thinks hes the next supercar champ in mums gemini or skyline hsv xr8 anything will go fast enough to kill.
TYAFRYA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #35
Pik0

So i cant drive my BA Falcon but i can drive my WRX or HSV?(they seem to have slipped the list)
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #36
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

if u look at the bottom of the list "this list is not exhaustive"

the law is 125kw/per tonne and a engine capacity to weight..

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #37
Psycho Chicken
Banned

That list is bullshit, someone tell me what the hell a Subaru G-2 is? Or a B-3? I've heard of a B4 but none of the others! No such thing as a B4 wagon outside Japan, perhaps they mean Liberty GT?

No mention of the 351 XA/XB coupe, which are over the power to weight limit. I know it has the disclaimer, but if you aren't going to make the list full, what the hell is the point of it?

And are Vic roads going to compensate me, I just went out and paid for an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish and now they tell me I can't drive it! Jesus, what's going on!?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 07:35 AM   #38
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkau
Qld rocks you can do 110 in a 100 zone without too much concern and the radars let you go and us p platers have no restrictions at all. Iv never crashed or gotten a fine or nothing and the cops have never pulled me over. Good old qld...
It sucks as iv driven v8s and so on and don't do anything crazy but plenty of people do which ruins it for everyone. Luckly im off my p's in 2 months anyway.
Though I dont fang it or rip skids as its a public road just drive normal, if you got pinged for doing 3km over that would just drive me insane I don't know how you people can stand it!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but they are considering much the same laws in QLD within the next 12 months I am lead to believe.
Yaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 12:41 PM   #39
santoitaliano
BF F6, APV SR3900

in vic they reckon they are bringin in compulsory advanced driving courses for new p platers..

White APV SR3900 [WIZZRD] (Click Here) [/COLOR]

Daily:
2006 Red BF F6 Typhoon
Bluepower enhanced.
santoitaliano is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #40
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoitaliano
in vic they reckon they are bringin in compulsory advanced driving courses for new p platers..
I think that's a great idea! Although not every P plater is going to be able to afford that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #41
devil cv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Suddenly I'm starting to like crappy *** NSW. At least here we're allowed BA XR6s.. just no turbos or V8s on our red Ps only (12 months).
That is only proposed rules, they haven't come in yet........
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #42
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikid
exactly, its the WAY they drive not what they drive.
people still die in 1.5lt cars...
BINGO, its attitudes that cause death/accidents not the vehicle. I know id rather be in a GT-P in an accident than a 1975 corolla.

Ever notices allot of the big accidents caused by ******** drivers killing 3 of their mates arround a pole arent in super performance vehicles. Mosta are mums VK-VR commodore or other similar cars. 1500kg and 127kw....WOOOAHHHH watch out!!

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #43
Yagz
Banned

Yeah, compulsory = $
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2005, 05:16 PM   #44
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
I think that's a great idea! Although not every P plater is going to be able to afford that.
Then can you afford to drive? Seriously, driving is a priviledge, and if you can't afford it, don't get behind the wheel.
Old 25-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #45
parawolf
beep beep

The biggest issue I have with this kind of list is that say a family car, a BA Falcon XT sedan. It is on this list of restricted cars. This is a car with 4/5 star safety protection, ABS, twin air bags, EBD, and a ream of other safety devices.

What do they want kid's driving, a 2004/'05 Toyota Corolla? Nice an small and easy to drive? Low in power. Cool nice car.

no ABS. Airbag optional. no EBD.

My BA XR6 stops faster and is more controllable when braking from low speeds (60km/h, 80km/h) than an "unrestricted" Toyota Corolla.

I know which i'd prefer my kids driving.
Old 25-03-2005, 05:56 PM   #46
Mike Gayner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmcginley
Then can you afford to drive? Seriously, driving is a priviledge, and if you can't afford it, don't get behind the wheel.
I absolutely agree 100% with you. It like people who drive around fully aware that they have dodgy brakes or bald tyres and claim they can't afford to fix them. Driving is not a right it's a priviledge. Don't drive your car until you can afford to make it safe. Sorry to derail the thread but ian's sentiment is absolutely right.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post