Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:03 AM   #31
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ
Ah OK. He is still using Rays old one. Thought as much. You would think after all theses years he would have his own by now.

oh gosh i miss this place : :

how is you GT going, is that it in your avatar
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:06 AM   #32
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by agony
The engine dyno in Croydon was never Rays and may be dated but does a good job. Thats the only dyno I have seen George use recently and is always making big numbers.
I know in the past alot of the Pro Stock guys used that dyno and where always happy.
eggzacory, the Dyno has had a rebuild over the Christmas break

as for being happy when they use the dyno, they are a lot happier when the car hits the track & the numbers in light tell the story

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 AM   #33
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Paul owns the dyno, my engine was dynoed there aswell, be careful, apparently this dyno is very very happy according to a certain engine builder who gets mentioned abit in the clevo section, but his is spot on :
from what i understand Paul owned the Dyno but either way who ownes it it dont matter to me as per my post above its only a tool to do a job & from what i have seen the opperators work it with great true results

how has your car gone compared with what it made on the pump ?

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 12:14 AM   #34
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I met Paul, loves his turbo stuff told me a few good stories about the early days of the rotatory powered turbo cars and some records they held many years back...
George is a walking Encyclopaedia when it comes to engine building / Drag racing follows the engine all the way through to the race track.

-================================================== =========

PS: I don't want this thread turned into a Dyno debate.

if Paul had his way we would all be running Turbo Rotaries, he knows his stuff with them & yes they held a few records with the Gold Mazda 323

Craig may remeber it as the Gold 323 that i think Gary Pocock ran for a few years in the late 80s early 90s

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 12:16 AM   #35
Rod

Quote:
I cant keep up with it all......I know one thing once this is going I wont have to play with mine..
Change your avatar your on the darkside now..lol.. :
my missus has been saying that i am on the dark side for a long time :

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #36
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
from what i understand Paul owned the Dyno but either way who ownes it it dont matter to me as per my post above its only a tool to do a job & from what i have seen the opperators work it with great true results

how has your car gone compared with what it made on the pump ?

regards
rod
Hey Rod, i never got the chance to run it, losing my licence & job stopped me from finishing off the car to the way i wanted it, Ive enjoyed driving it even if i dont have any time slips from it, its now for sale.
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #37
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIK67
Hey Rod, i never got the chance to run it, losing my licence & job stopped me from finishing off the car to the way i wanted it, Ive enjoyed driving it even if i dont have any time slips from it, its now for sale.

sorry to hear
i guess you must be losing it for a while otherwise you would keep the car & finish it of whilist your waiting on getting you licence back

regards
Rod
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #38
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
sorry to hear
i guess you must be losing it for a while otherwise you would keep the car & finish it of whilist your waiting on getting you licence back

regards
Rod
I lost it for 15mths, ive now got it back but its a no choice situation atm for me to sell it, created some debt and need to buy an every day car which i dont have, still public transport for me lol. I'll build or buy another car when things are sorted out but for now i just need to sell it, buy a car & find a job :
BZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #39
rodderz

Jeez Rod must be missing the place, he's chatting away like a budgie lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #40
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
hi Craig

Liberty is what most run in Prostock as its almost trouble free, simple to rebuild & you will get a full season out of it if you look after it

this car isnt suitable for Pro anymore, it was last driven in Prostock by Rod Ware as in Smith & Ware & prior to that it was raced by Dave Missingham

you may recall it when it was Pink ( Smith & Ware ) i think they were the third car in Australia to run a 7 Second pass in Pro

or

when Wayne & Dave Missingham won the 92 Nationals it was painted Blue with the Aussie Flag over it

regards
Rod
OK, i know the car now when it was ran by the Missingham's a nice family.

What's the timeframe Rod will it be out soon or is it one of those projects when it's ready it's ready type deal?

Regards Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #41
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod

John Galea hold the record in A/GA with a 7.6? in Bruno's old Oldsmobile & Craig Geddes has just reset the B/Ga record to 7.9

regards
rod
sorry just re read all my dribble & thought i would correct this

the times stated above are the Index not the record, the record is 0.5 under the index

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #42
Rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE

What's the timeframe Rod will it be out soon or is it one of those projects when it's ready it's ready type deal?

Regards Craig
to be honest Craig i was hopeing to have it finnished by the end of April but as you know sometimes the best laid plans go out the window

i guess there is a cruise liner floating around out there in the bright blue sea that has a parcel on it heading this way

with my luck it was the one that went belly up last week

but seriously the main hold-up at this point is the windows

once the engine is dyno'd again i have to order a convertor & a diff centre as the exact specs for this are unknown untill we see were it makes power & Tq to

as for the 374 we have the convertor for that already

regards
rod
Old 11-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #43
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
Hi Chris
long time no speak
how it all going

the 440 is to get some seat time in the car & get used to it as its been awhile

to run the 440 in A/GA it would need to weigh in at 2376Lb as A/G is 5.4 Lb/Ci

to run the 440 in A/APA it would need to weigh 1980 Lb min & make a good 1400 Hp & i am not even interested in going there

as for the budget we dont need anywere near what they spend, we have what we need & thats all that matters to us

you should come out to a real meeting & see Ian Johns in action, the work they do between rounds is more than what the pro guys do

as for the Jerico i dont think may guys run them now as the Liberty has become more affordable to /G racers & to run /GA most will use a Proflight or a Coan as they need the 3 gears to stop the engine from being pulld down to far on the change

i dont mind Super Gas but that not were we are heading

if we run the 374Ci engine we will need to run A/GA & weigh 2019Lb - 5.4Lb/Ci

or to run the 320 Ci Engine we will slot right into B/GA @ 2080 Lb - 6.5Lb/Ci

John Galea hold the record in A/GA with a 7.6? in Bruno's old Oldsmobile & Craig Geddes has just reset the B/Ga record to 7.9

guess you will know were we are heading

regards
rod
Good luck Rod - I didn't know you had the extra engine options.

Either way, looks like a good thing. If you want to borrow my jetski to raid the cruise ship, let me know......waiting is always the worst part of anything.

The last time i saw Johnsy was at PRE when he was picking up his new engine - I tuned his "clutch" man Chris's XR8 before he wrote it off - i have seen those guys work on the car inbetween rounds, looks like a scene out of ER in the triage section......

Im pretty sure a lot of the QLD boys were using the jerico - John Barbagello's 7 sec Bgas pass was with one, Xerakias i think used a Gforce, Ian brown used a jerico, Phil taylor i think still has one in his Falcon.....

Any wonder i haven't been out to a meeting for a while, my chequebook is starting to quiver at the thought!

Best of luck

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #44
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod
sorry just re read all my dribble & thought i would correct this

the times stated above are the Index not the record, the record is 0.5 under the index

regards
rod
Nah, you were right the first time, the record for A/GA is J. Galea and is 7.64 annd the index is 8.14. The B/GA record is 7.91 and the index is 8.41. I am currently running in B/GA in Perth with a humble 383 cleveland and only done the 1 meeting with a best of 9.10 but I think a switch to iron heads and G/GA will be the go for me as the index is 8.94
btw is this rodrocket?
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #45
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Good luck Rod - I didn't know you had the extra engine options.

Either way, looks like a good thing. If you want to borrow my jetski to raid the cruise ship, let me know......waiting is always the worst part of anything.

The last time i saw Johnsy was at PRE when he was picking up his new engine - I tuned his "clutch" man Chris's XR8 before he wrote it off - i have seen those guys work on the car inbetween rounds, looks like a scene out of ER in the triage section......

Im pretty sure a lot of the QLD boys were using the jerico - John Barbagello's 7 sec Bgas pass was with one, Xerakias i think used a Gforce, Ian brown used a jerico, Phil taylor i think still has one in his Falcon.....

Any wonder i haven't been out to a meeting for a while, my chequebook is starting to quiver at the thought!

Best of luck

Chris
Het Chris, Phil Taylor wrote the beautifull AU off at the westernats over here with a bad 160mph crash in the final of super stock. After red lighting as well.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #46
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASXR6
Het Chris, Phil Taylor wrote the beautifull AU off at the westernats over here with a bad 160mph crash in the final of super stock. After red lighting as well.
Hey buddy, no good. Hope he's ok - i know one of his crew pretty well, ill drop him a line.

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 PM   #47
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Hey buddy, no good. Hope he's ok - i know one of his crew pretty well, ill drop him a line.
Yep, he seemed ok and packed what was left into the trailer and headed home. I think there is a video clip on motorplex.com.au
Was a real bad crash and actually hit the car in the other lane. A real shame.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:31 AM   #48
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Here a link.... click the ''Taylor horror crash (and yes he hit Simms!)''
http://www.motorplex.com.au/news/2007_03_04.html

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2007, 08:00 AM   #49
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Its a shame to see those things happen, looks like he is ok though but in need of a new car.
agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #50
projap
Starter Motor

Quote:
Paint was done by Macintyres Panel Shop and Action Body works both in Airport west.
Blue is from Nissan 350Z, Red stripe is suduction..yellow I cant remember we must have went through hundreds of yellow charts and samples.
Hugo has the Auto ready.
Now waiting on a full set of windows to come from the States.
New carby's and manifold to be fitted then its off to the engine dyno again.
Made 770 H/P last time, with a better breathing manifold and custom carby's should see 800 H/P.
I have some pictures from the engine dyno room I will post later.

Looks the goods : But what this thing doing on a Ford Forum :
Alex
projap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #51
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you had the overhang checked it looks to have a reasonable nose on it? Only ask as Pro and Superstock have different regs on it from memory
Old 05-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #52
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Its been a long time, after settling on a few changes engine is all done setting in the car, the auto has now also been fitted.
Since the last post the cars rolling chassis has had some new fabrication changes for better safety reasons and and better design.
Just about every thing has been replaced brand new, windows, brakes, lines etc, wiring, gauges the only thing that was kept over was the Auto.
Wiring can now be finished, windows back in, new wheels tyres, diff center and pipes on, we are hoping to make it out for a run before Christmas.
I put a can of soft drink on the ground so you can get an idea how low these cars are to the ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pontiac1.jpg (58.2 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac2.jpg (49.9 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac3.jpg (57.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac4.jpg (78.2 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac5.jpg (48.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac6.jpg (45.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac7.jpg (47.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac8.jpg (70.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac9.jpg (52.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg pontiac10.jpg (56.9 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by SpoolMan; 05-10-2008 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #53
SpoolMan

Last one, really looking forward to see this car hit the track, then I can leave mine alone this is way more fun to be involved with.
Oh bugger when have finished the car we have to get stuck into finishing of the the 10 meter enclosed trailer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pontiac11.jpg (43.3 KB, 42 views)

Old 06-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #54
rodderz

Where's Rod gonna test it, up at Heathcote? I spose it's a bit more relaxed up there and gives him a bit more time to set it up and test it
Old 06-10-2008, 12:47 AM   #55
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Where's Rod gonna test it, up at Heathcote? I spose it's a bit more relaxed up there and gives him a bit more time to set it up and test it
Heathcote yes and anywhere he can get some track time.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #56
rodderz

Will you be wearing a pink frilly skirt with some cleavage showing guiding him back into the staging box?
Old 06-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #57
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Will you be wearing a pink frilly skirt with some cleavage showing guiding him back into the staging box?
Nope I prefer a G Banger... :

Old 06-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #58
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mankini all the way
Old 06-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #59
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Nope I prefer a G Banger... :
Great news to hear Rod back out in a car Spooly.
If your going the G banger route make sure you bend over the opposite direction to Rod's view we want him to do a clean first run mate. :thebirds:
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #60
SpoolMan

After 3 1/2 years and plenty of coin this factious rebuild of almost everything now being new on this car, we hoping it will be ready for a few launches at our forum drag meet this weekend.
Unleash those 800 horses... :sm_headba :