Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 03-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #1
Lucus
Banned

Default Mp3 into AUIII deck..?

Anybody know if its possible (or done it themselves?) I have the ford aux input setup on my 03 baxr6t ute and want to wire up something similar for my dads AUIII so he can run his mp3 player in the AU any idea's?

thanks guys

Luke

Lucus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

there are a few ways of going about this.

1. You could get an FM transmitter for about $70

2. You could try and hook up an input wire by using the mobile phone input on the back of the stereo (which is what I would like to do, but I'm not too sure if it's possible...)

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #3
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Or just buy a Headunit with MP3 playback.. and simply burn CDs.

onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #4
2fishingdogs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm pretty sure that some one has this already done this and it was added to the technical docos.
2fishingdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Ziggee has done it:

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=53838
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 03:51 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Another way.. without having to use a blank cd in the headunit.....

You could also make a basic fm transmitter ( can even by them dirt cheap in kit form ) , but mod it so instead of it having an arial , wire up another arial lead to the fm transmitter with a male & female pass-though arial plug/connector.

So you would have the arial from the car plugged into the female end of the pass-though arial connector, and the male end of the pass-though arial connector plugged into the radio.

You tune the small pot manually on the fm transmiter to a nice clean station, then have it stored permanentlly hidden away behind the headunit/cfp. Mount a small headphone style jack into the cfp or radio face ( which is conected to the fm transmitter ).

By doing this you could easily plug a mp3 device into the jack, then just click your pre-tuned station button on the radio to listen to your mp3's. This is a much cleaner sounding/stonger method than any 'off the shelf' fm transmitter and reciever , as it is wired straight into the aerial.

Just my 2 cents anyway . gl ;)

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post