Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-02-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
big_pete
Sublime

Default Who needs a website??

heys guys/gals
im mainly just gauging interest at the moment but if i get the right offer i may consider doing a website for you, or your company for FREE!!

ive got a big uni assignment (web design) were i need to do a project for a client or community group.
but i have no one to do it for.....

it has to be reasonably complex and use different types of scripting, it cant just be a basic site for your pets, it would need to be for a company or community group, (maybe a car club or sporting group etc)

however you would need to have the required web server provider and that sort of thing. and be willing to get it up and runnig ASAP

so im asking if anyone has a site they need done?

OR alternately do you know of a Site for an existing company that is crappy and need to be re-done?? any sites you have seen on the net that you thought could be alot better or something like that.

at the moment im just trying to find a 'client' so i can get my assignment underway
Old 28-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

well you could try a site that i was just about to start on, i was thinking of doing a similar site to http://www.greenbreads.com i know it isnt that complex:P but it's all i have i was actually thinking of starting on it tonight, i have 10mb on my server and willing to buy more if needed

Build thread coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerCordia
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
RUQ1KA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2005, 10:39 PM   #3
Dodge
i like to be stroked

i need a site for my welding jobs but im to tight to spend money on it ,
Old 28-02-2005, 10:47 PM   #4
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_ed_wagon
well you could try a site that i was just about to start on, i was thinking of doing a similar site to http://www.greenbreads.com i know it isnt that complex:P but it's all i have i was actually thinking of starting on it tonight, i have 10mb on my server and willing to buy more if needed

hmmm, tell me more...
that site is all over the place, not sure what they do exactly.
what would you want on your site? any special things that you may want/need?

tell a bit more, it seems like it could be a possible candidate for my assignment...
Old 28-02-2005, 11:00 PM   #5
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

i just need to find some good dropshippers with those types of items, basically about the same thing as there is with changes, i have other similar sites you can see for inspiration, i have been selling links to these sites on e-bay and finally decided to bite the bullet and make my own

with design i was just gonna go with what ever i thought of on the spot:P
but i can prolly get a theme made up etc i will find out all the items that will be on the site etc in a short time just got the site in it's early planning stages atm

Quote:
I had two cordias but recently i sold one of them so that leaves me with one cordia which i have now but i wouldve had two if i havent sold the other one.
Old 28-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #6
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

Unfortunately our server isn't up and running yet so I guess I'm of no use. I do know companies that need new/updated websites though. I'll shoot off a couple of email for you. ;)
Old 28-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #7
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

oh yeah that site work's this way, you buy an item off the site for lets say $100 (in this case it's an e-book) then you get ppl to sign up under you etc... by advertising the site, or if you dont wonna advertise the site you just wait and pppl wil just add them selves to the end of the list, once you reach the top of the list and have the 20 or so ppl signed up under you you get the item which they call a "free gift"

heres a faq page from greenbreads.com
FAQ

1. How does the matrix work?

The Plan
The program is based off a straight line matrix. The best way to explain this system is when 1 person signs up for a report (e-book) that person has to wait until a certain amount of people signed up for the same report. Then the first person on the list gets there FREE product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. What are E-Books?
E-books are downloadable books online that our promotional team have research and paid for all over the internet. Some of our E-books we have to offer are Credit Secrets, Steps to a Millionaire, Ebay Secrets, and many more. Click Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. What do the terms Cycling, and Matrix?

Cycling:
This is the person who is currently in line to receive their free product when the required number of people join their specific matrix Matrix:
This is amount of people that have to sign up under the person, that is currently at the top of the list Example: If the matrix says Matrix(12), If you are at the top of the list, 11 people have to sign up under you to receive product or cash gift. Then once person cycles the next person moves up.

3. Is this legal?

Yes!
This program is absolutely and completely legal. You are not purchasing yourself into the matrix. You are buying ebooks that has information that we have researched for you on the web. As our incentive we are placing you into the matrix for no charge, so you can receive your FREE product. This is our Gift to you!

4. How are we making money?
Look at the following:
Based on a 3 person matrix at $15 for the reports.

(e-book) 3 x $15 = $45

Product cost = $30
Profit = $15

5. How do I know I will receive my product?
We guarantee it!
We guarantee that when you cycle, we will contact you and find out if you want the product or cash equivalent. Then, we will ship you which ever you choose. If after 24 hours you haven't been contacted then please email us.

6. Can I join more than one matrix?
Yes you may!
Yes, feel free to buy the reports (ebooks) to multiple different products and you will be listed in each matrix.

7. Can I join the same matrix multiple times?
Yes you may!
Yes, feel free to join the same matrix as many times as you want.

8. What is your refund policy?
We do not offer refunds (unless)!
We are not required to give refunds because you have purchased an item that is unrecoverable due to the fact that it is a digital product (eBook) and the recovery of such a product is near impossible. If there was an error in your order or if you were charged twice because you hit the submit button twice, we will gladly refund one of your orders. It should be noted that stopping the funding method used to buy an ebook is considered stealing and you will be prosecuted. Since we are selling ebooks and you are able to download the ebooks after you payment is approved. E-mail us if you have not received ebooks with 48 hours.

All inquiries should be given 48 hours of payment for refunds

1)You were unable to download the electronic books.

2)You did not initiate the payment

9. How can I get my item faster?
The best way is to promote the site.
You can use Auction sites, Newspapers, E-mailing, etc.

You do not have to advertise. We advertise the site, but with your help sending new people to purchase reports (ebooks) it will move the Rankings faster.

10. Is this is a Pyramid scheme?
Up and down, not down and out, and out, and out...
No. There are no pyramids involved. It is a straight-line matrix.

11. How old do I have to be to get on the list?
18 and over
You have to be over the age of 18 to purchase our reports (ebooks).

12. I live outside the US, can I still participate?
Yes!
You can still participate in our website.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #8
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a Junior Sports Club that needs a site ........

It basically kids playing football & netball ......

Not sure If I can run it off my Isp account though ...... how much space stuff thinnggyyyy do you need ;)
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:44 AM   #9
EA2BA
PM me if you want

mad_ed_wagon you forgot one:

13. Can I be sucked in

YES - you can recieve crappy nothing for being stupid enough to belive you would get a crappy something

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #10
RUQ1KA
Formerly mad_ed_wagon

your forgetting one thing jason..., i'll be running the site:P
i aint gettin sucked in:P it actually does work if you are among the first 20 or so to sign up then you have no chance of recieveing the item cause the list is too long:P

Quote:
Old 01-03-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

We are looking to make a site for the Ford X-Series Club. Your more than welcome to make it if you like

I haven't registered the domain or organised hosting just yet, but thats in the works.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 12:02 PM   #12
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

lol that whole greenbeds thing sounds like a pyramid scheme to me :P

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #13
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdc351
We are looking to make a site for the Ford X-Series Club. Your more than welcome to make it if you like

I haven't registered the domain or organised hosting just yet, but thats in the works.
this would be a good site for me to do, i could eveb set up a forum or something similar, with some kind of photo gallery.
that would depend on the server you get, which would have to be able to handle php and the like.

let me know what you would have on the site, and when you can get the hosting etc going, as this would be a good project for me.

oh, mad_ed_wagon im not too sure about your site, sounds wierd, and to be honest not really something i would be interested in.
but i might be able to do a basic design (graphics & layout) for you at some stage if i get the time.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:38 PM   #14
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Sounds good to me! I'll be making a start on the website as soon as the sticker design is chosen (which will be next Friday). I'll make sure the site has whatever features you need to setup the site as you'd like.

As far as exact features I'll start talking with Pilch and get some concrete features the site will need and then start getting ideas from the X-Series crew.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #15
big_pete
Sublime

yeah, well at the moment your my best option so far, and its a site id love to do.
im still learnig alot of things and will have to experiment new ideas and try new stuff, so i think a forum would be good as i havent done that before.

ive got awhile to do the assignment about 12 weeks i think, but i need to get started asap as the teacher is always asking about progress blah blah!

so just let me know the features etc that you will need, whenever you find out.
and hopefully i will be able to do the site!
Old 01-03-2005, 02:05 PM   #16
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

No worries mate. I'll get something together for you by the end of the week.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:32 PM   #17
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

We could use a website for our new colorbond fencing would really help us off the ground.. totally your design!!!

cheap fencing too

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #18
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

I'm getting involved with our local Bathurst Police Citizens Youth Club. I'm sure they could use a website and I could talk to the manager about setting up anything you need for it. They do a lot of work with problem children and children who have been victims of domestic violence. It would be cool to have a website that has information about the club but also sections that the kids could use for education or fun purposes. Let me know what you think.
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:33 PM   #19
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a bit of a tip, chuck in a mobile device friendly version if there is room ;)
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:44 PM   #20
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

www.stfocus.net

could completely redisgn my site with more scripting dhtml asp etc etc php and engrose(is this the word i am after?) http://www.stfocus.net/rcgallery all those pics in any way shape/form

have my own domain and webhosting already setup obvioulsy

Chris
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 PM   #21
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
I'm getting involved with our local Bathurst Police Citizens Youth Club. I'm sure they could use a website and I could talk to the manager about setting up anything you need for it. They do a lot of work with problem children and children who have been victims of domestic violence. It would be cool to have a website that has information about the club but also sections that the kids could use for education or fun purposes. Let me know what you think.

this could be good also, as it would look great on my resume!!
seriously i could be interested in this one too.

tell me more, what would you want on the site and how hard would it be for you to set up a server/domain name etc.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:01 PM   #22
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
this could be good also, as it would look great on my resume!!
seriously i could be interested in this one too.

tell me more, what would you want on the site and how hard would it be for you to set up a server/domain name etc.
I don't really know anything about servers and domain names or what the manager would be willing to do but if you were to let me know the specifics of what you need I can talk to the manager and see if its possible. They may already have space on a pcyc server for all I know.

As far as what we'd want on the site, I'd like to work with you to see what's possible. Basically we'd need information about the club and what it does, information for people who want to volunteer or donate, but also areas for the kids to use. Perhaps a noticeboard or mini forum or something for them to discuss things or display assignments or stuff they've made. I'm not really sure what else the kids could use but I'd like them to become more involved with computers because most of them probably don't have access at home. Anything that will challenge them and help them really. Any ideas you had would be most welcome.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #23
big_pete
Sublime

hmmmm, this site sounds like it could be worthwhile.
basically the manager or whoever, would need to set up server space and a domain name, which can cost a bit, but if they already have access it shouldnt be a problem.

maybe, just mention it to him/her, that a Student (stress this point) is willing to do a site for free. and see what they say.
i dont want to say that i Definately will do a Site Yet..... i just need to know if its possible for it to be done... then i can commit to it
Old 03-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #24
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Did you get my PM Big_pete?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #25
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

I've got some dirty pictures on my harddrive, can you make me a pRoN site ?
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #26
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
Did you get my PM Big_pete?
yeah, sorry didnt get a chance to reply.

at the moment im weighing up my options, which is basically your site and the X series site. and seeing which one would be best for me.

i may have the chance to do both but i will have to talk with my lecturer first.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:55 PM   #27
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

Just to let you know I've talked to the Ian, the manager of the PCYC and he said it should be fine to get server space and a domain name. He said it would really be great for them because they've been wanting a site but don't have any knowledge of how to do it. Because their internet access and web space is now under a state wide domain though he would have to run it by the state office if you were interested in doing it. If you do decide you'd like to do this site just email inorth@pcycnsw.org.au and just set out your offer and what you'd need from them so they can forward it to the state office. Hope it does work out. Thanks heaps.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #28
big_pete
Sublime

ok thats great news.
still not sure which site i will do tho...........