Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #91
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
what on EARTH did you just say ?!?
Ok, The sentence was reasonable correct grammatically, but I will explain it again. The reaction speed of the rabbit, which will react to the sound of the car, will not be fast enough for the rabbit to make it off the shoulder of the road before your car gets to the position (distance wise) where the rabbit is situated on the side of the road.
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
Old 28-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #92
Iphido
Guy that posts stuff

So your doing 45 over the limit, I don't know how this happend, maybe you missed the 40kmph construction zone sign (or maybe it fell over or was hidden by machinery) or maybe you were cruising at ~130kmph and you just thought it safe to accelerate faster to over take safer, or maybe some road rage idiot was hassling you.

Anyway with this law, your going to lose your car (worth anything from a few hundread to a million), get some huge fine, get publically humiliated and possibily prison time.

Would I then be tempted to attempt to outrun the police. Yes, yes I would.

I would do anything to stay out of gaol and not have a huge unsecured loan over my head and go bankrupt.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #93
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Damn we have some morons on these forums. I am surprised that they have enough brain power to drool let alone write on a forum.
I hope the 'pigs' nail them good and proper and take their POS cars off the road. Perhaps a bit of walking might give them time to generate enough neurons to realise they are indeed... morons.
Now THAT is a champagne post. Agree 100%
Old 28-06-2006, 07:13 PM   #94
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
that is my whole point, you've illustrated it perfectly. there are PLENTY of people who shouldn't be doing that speed, and if the law said they COULD, the good majority of them WOULD do it, you can imagine the results. As with people now who can't even handle 100, but do it because it's allowed, and they end up causing accidents. Anyway this is another unwinable argument so i'm out.
Ok, then if that was your point (illustrated just as poorly as my previous statement about the rabbit) then I do agree. SOME people should not be on the road even at 80km/h, let alone 100km/h. Same goes for the opposite idea, some people are far more capable of driving at 120km/h with less risk than these previously outlined people doing 100km/h.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:14 PM   #95
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
Ok, The sentence was reasonable correct grammatically,
mate not even that sentence is gramatically correct.. but that's not the point. There is absolutely no way you can tell me you know the exact point in time a rabbit or any other animal for that matter is going to run out infront of your car. It's not always going to be in reaction to it seeing or hearing your car, a lot of the time these things are 100% random. I've hit rabbits, kangaroos, foxes, and had a lot of damage done. Sometimes they jump infront of you, sometimes they just sit there on the side of the road watching you go by.

Anyway getting into symantecs here.. as i said this is an eternal argument from which we can only ever derive two conclusions:

1) some people like to speed
2) some don't

end of story.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #96
oneredED
need more boost

Oh, but I do believe this law is a bad thing. Not because it is a crack down on speeding, but because I feel it will promote highly excessive speeding (in excess of 45km/h over) by those who do know they are about to have their car confiscated if they are pursued by police. I feel some would be far less likely to pull over than if they were only going to recieve a fine and lose their license.. I believe more people will run from the police because of this and try their chances and risk the consequences (be it their life or someone elses), which IS a bad thing.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #97
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
10 past 6 this morning I was coming into Ringwood and there is a posted 40km/h construction zone, 3 lanes either way (6 lanes wide), EVERY one in the bunch of cars was doing 75 to 80km/h and even the cop car at the back of us was doing the same speed, well if the cops can do it why no us!
This will all come down to how much of a son of a motherless goat the cops want to be to you.

The cops in the car this morning could have easily had charged 10 to 13 cars all with doing 35 to 40 km/h over the posted limit.
Are you talking about the overpass part? With the curvy bits? Going 40 through there just isn't fun =P

Most people missed the point the threadstarter made I think.. He was saying that more idiots won't want their car taken off them, and will therefore try to do a runner, therefore more police chases etc.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:23 PM   #98
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Ok, The sentence was reasonable correct grammatically,
I am sorry fantz, the sentence should possibly have read as follows:

The previous sentence I would have thought to have been interpretable by the majority of people on here who have been to school past year eight. I missed a "y" due to a simple typing error, and the capital letter "T" was a typo also. Sorry fantz :S

EDIT: if you did want to get picky, the "ok" at the beginning of the sentence should have been omitted and there are other mistakes regarding basic punctuation
Old 28-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #99
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Whatever, seriously, the law is final, break it and you will get done, and dont come here sooking how "unfair it is"; really couldn't give two sh|ts. But you better pray to God that your "speeding because I want to and its not dangerous" never effects me or a friend.

Also, if you bumkins want to travel 150kpr to the next cow paddock then do so, if thats what you need to feel like the bigger man....LOL...And these laws are not even aimed at your type, its the tools flying along metropolitan freeways etc etc.

Note: I understand that not all country people are bogans

I have sped before? yeap, and so has probably everyone else here, but you dont see us sooking because the police feel the only way to actually get through to some dimwits is by taking away their fully sik ride.

Just another example of others ruining it for the majority. Live with it or move to Europe.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-06-2006, 07:25 PM   #100
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
I am sorry fantz, the sentence should possibly have read as follows:

The previous sentence I would have thought to have been interpretable by the majority of people on here who have been to school past year eight. I missed a "y" due to a simple typing error, and the capital letter "T" was a typo also. Sorry fantz :S
you're obviously not too familiar with sarcasm. carry on.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:27 PM   #101
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Whatever, seriously, the law is final, break it and you will get done, and dont come here sooking how "unfair it is"; really couldn't give two sh|ts. But you better pray to God that your "speeding because I want to and its not dangerous" never effects me or a friend.

Also, if you bumkins want to travel 150kpr to the next cow paddock then do so, if thats what you need to feel like the bigger man....LOL...And these laws are not even aimed at your type, its the tools flying along metropolitan freeways etc etc.

Note: I understand that not all country people are bogans

I have sped before? yeap, and so has probably everyone else here, but you dont see us sooking because the police feel the only way to actually get through to some dimwits is by taking away their fully sik ride.

Just another example of others ruining it for the majority. Live with it or move to Europe.
mate trust me it's not worth it lol.. but feel free to take my chair in the argument - i'm going --------------> that way
Old 28-06-2006, 07:28 PM   #102
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphido
So your doing 45 over the limit, I don't know how this happend, maybe you missed the 40kmph construction zone sign (or maybe it fell over or was hidden by machinery) or maybe you were cruising at ~130kmph and you just thought it safe to accelerate faster to over take safer, or maybe some road rage idiot was hassling you.

Anyway with this law, your going to lose your car (worth anything from a few hundread to a million), get some huge fine, get publically humiliated and possibily prison time.

Would I then be tempted to attempt to outrun the police. Yes, yes I would.

I would do anything to stay out of gaol and not have a huge unsecured loan over my head and go bankrupt.
I hope you bring your own lube as I believe Bubba likes doing it dry
Old 28-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #103
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

lol..
Old 28-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #104
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Firstly, there are two choices:
1. Abide by the law
2. Break the law.

Secondly, if you decide to break the law, you have another two choices:
1. Break the speed limit by 44km/h or less, lose your licence and keep your car.
2. Break the speed limit by 45 or more, lose your licence and lose your car.

What ever you decide, the earlier link to www.walk.com.au may come in handy. When you are walking to work/shops/etc, will your car be in your garage or in a compound?
Old 28-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #105
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
The poll could be called "When do you think it is ok to be an idiot and endanger your own life and other people's and speed?"

B) when i am pretending to be an ambulance
C) when i am pretending to be a cop
I actually think they're valid reasons.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:38 PM   #106
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
I hope you bring your own lube as I believe Bubba likes doing it dry
ROFL hahaha.

In my experience fantz, rabbits will not be stationary on the road itself, and I believe strongly that you will not hit a rabbit at that speed. Birds flying from roadside trees when startled are the same, but birds (generalised) can be different because they do tend to sit on the road on occasion. You can disagree, and that is your right. Fantz, I am not having a go at you at all mate but I really enjoy discussions that are not one sided and I do have an opinion myself, as do you. Whether or not one of us is right, is up in the air as far as I am concerned.

And regarding sarcarsm, I have trouble finding a sarcastic tone amongst lines of text when they all look the same as opposed to someones tone of voice.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #107
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XA, you're a bit foul, I dont want to read that. How about something constructive.

Its true, people will do runners, just like motorbikes (they do it cos they can) but cars dont have a good chance, and could have troubles (ie crash and burn...). Its worth the risk though to many I would say. If I had a good escape route and a fast car (faster than theirs) there would be no questions(well I'd have a hard time justifying a chase, but on the spur of the moment, you never know).
Old 28-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #108
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
ROFL hahaha.

In my experience fantz, rabbits will not be stationary on the road itself, and I believe strongly that you will not hit a rabbit at that speed. Birds flying from roadside trees when startled are the same, but birds (generalised) can be different because they do tend to sit on the road on occasion. You can disagree, and that is your right. Fantz, I am not having a go at you at all mate but I really enjoy discussions that are not one sided and I do have an opinion myself, as do you. Whether or not one of us is right, is up in the air as far as I am concerned.

And regarding sarcarsm, I have trouble finding a sarcastic tone amongst lines of text when they all look the same as opposed to someones tone of voice.

Isn't the general rule that if there's a bird in front of you (particularly flying) that it's better to go faster or at least not slow down? As there's more downforce and it pulls the bird under the car, not into it?

Or has that just been discussed.. lol
Old 28-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #109
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
Its worth the risk though to many I would say.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that it IS worth the risk, but IN THEIR EYES it is...
Old 28-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #110
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
all good mate, it is difficult to portray sarcasm in text, unless you know the person writing it in person, or have a similar dry mindset..

i've never been one to back off from a debate either, especially in person, it's a good way to exercise your mind and expand your views. and yes i know there will always be two opinions to most topics, the world would be a boring place without this.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:49 PM   #111
xd5.8l
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-Coupe
Damn we have some morons on these forums. I am surprised that they have enough brain power to drool let alone write on a forum.
I hope the 'pigs' nail them good and proper and take their POS cars off the road. Perhaps a bit of walking might give them time to generate enough neurons to realise they are indeed... morons.
C'mon name the morons? Aren't people allowed to voice their own opinions? I'm far from impressed by some of the comments made by certain members in this forum. Insulting peoples intelligence isn't going to impress many associated with this forum and doesn't reflect very well on the individual.
If they've got any 'GUTS' or 'PRIDE' they would show their dirty mugs up at some of our rescent annual events and discuss things/issues in person.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:50 PM   #112
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDManual
XA, you're a bit foul, I dont want to read that. How about something constructive.

Its true, people will do runners, just like motorbikes (they do it cos they can) but cars dont have a good chance, and could have troubles (ie crash and burn...). Its worth the risk though to many I would say. If I had a good escape route and a fast car (faster than theirs) there would be no questions.
Foul or not.. thats what you face. If you heroes really think you will outrun the police.. perhaps you are right.. but the chances are you aren't as skillful as your glance in the mirror may suggest and you will come a cropper.. then not only will you have a bent car ..with no insurance, you will be presented with a bill for whatever you hit.
Prior to that you will get a little jaunt to the police station with one or two very angry police officers who will take your consistant bleating about it being safe really really well.. trust me on that. After risking their lives and other innocent parties lives for just a traffic matter .. cops get very chatty and jovial.
If you are lucky you will get bailed or sent a summons.. if not and your prior heroism has got you a few ticks in the correct boxes, then you can spend some time in the lockup. Jails aren't fun. I have been to one or two in my time ( note, not IN ) and the guys there aren't so tough singularly... but your driving prowess won't help you when ten of them take a fancy to your runners or ........whatever.
Frankly, as long as you cretins kill yourself I have no issue, but the chances are your Brocky impersonation will get someone else instead... then you will get to find out if Bubba does like it dry or not.
Thankfully you guys are all mouth but there's a chance you may really be as dumb as you are desperately are trying to show.
Old 28-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #113
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
C'mon name the morons? Aren't people allowed to voice their own opinions? I'm far from impressed by some of the comments made by certain members in this forum. Insulting peoples intelligence isn't going to impress many associated with this forum and doesn't reflect very well on the individual.
If they've got any 'GUTS' or 'PRIDE' they would show their dirty mugs up at some of our rescent annual events and discuss things/issues in person.
god, please tell me you aren't threatening me ??? Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I have been to EVERY event lately except the AU event.. I can be found at nearly every other event if you want. You know who I am and what I look like... Oh.. by the way.. I wonder what you r next user name is going to be
Old 28-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #114
oneredED
need more boost

Quote:
all good mate, it is difficult to portray sarcasm in text, unless you know the person writing it in person, or have a similar dry mindset..

i've never been one to back off from a debate either, especially in person, it's a good way to exercise your mind and expand your views. and yes i know there will always be two opinions to most topics, the world would be a boring place without this.
Thanks mate, I do appreciate knowing that those who I am talking to are level headed with thought out views (as you are) and not driven by arrogance or a desperate strive for validation of their self-worth

Quote:
Isn't the general rule that if there's a bird in front of you (particularly flying) that it's better to go faster or at least not slow down? As there's more downforce and it pulls the bird under the car, not into it?
I think you'll find that the mass of air being pushed by the front of the car would not have this effect what-so-ever even with the relative vacuum created by this on the surface of the car at some points. I don't think the bird will not be pulled under the car, but thats probably because it's never happened to me. Can you point me in the direction of where this was previously discussed?
Old 28-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #115
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry 351
My sister lived and the cop still booked me for speeding.
hmmm, i would have fought that. I got flashed by a fixed camera when i took my mum to hospital, notice came in the male saying my licence would be cancelled. I rang and told them i wanted a warning, and after abit of arguing (and me threatening to fight it in court) they agreed.

I got off with a warning, and i Live in The Police State. If you havent paid the fine yet, fight it.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Old 28-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #116
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks mate, I do appreciate knowing that those who I am talking to are level headed with thought out views (as you are) and not driven by arrogance or a desperate strive for validation of their self-worth

I think you'll find that the mass of air being pushed by the front of the car would not have this effect what-so-ever even with the relative vacuum created by this on the surface of the car at some points. I don't think the bird will not be pulled under the car, but thats probably because it's never happened to me. Can you point me in the direction of where this was previously discussed?
Nope, it's just something either my mum or a family friend said when I was younger and I thought it might be true. Might have been my mum's boss who said it to me.

It's probably not correct (and you'd be right), just something i've heard before
Old 28-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #117
robjg33
broady grown

i cant beleive ive just spent 15 minutes reading this. yes ive sped yes ive been caught. If you are ignorant enough do 45k over the limit, then dont whinge about the law, bad luck you dont deserve to have ther privelidge of having a licence anyway.
If you dont think speed is a big factor in road accidents then you are wrong. in the years i worked as a towie and in another position alongside the ambulance service i would say it was big factor in accidents i attended. for the indestructables who think it will never happen to me, well i hope it dont, because it aint fun telling a loved one that their son/ husband/ father etc has died nor is it fun to tell someone elses family that some dick speeding over the limit just cleaned up your rloved one.
if you survive well thats a whole new ball game with months or even years of rehabilitation and in some cases lifelong pain. someone asked where does the revenue from fines go well a lot into roads and also a big lot helps indirectly to fund our hospitals, ambulances who have to deal with the results of careless driving( inc speeding) everyday. Ever considered how much money is spent in the hospitals in rehab in disability services as a result of death and injuries as a result of speeding?and how much does the community has to pay in monetry and in social problems? a lot more than a confiscated ****box and the odd fine from your pocket
thats my rant
Old 28-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #118
HOON69
Banned

i'd love to make my opinion about the POLICE on this matter but i know if i do i'll get banned for having a opinion:

my BS opinion is if you do the crime you do the time.

there you go :P
Old 28-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #119
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Sadly, this one is getting closed too and I don't think I need to outline why.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Closed Thread