Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 24-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #1
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Default Sold some wheels to Metro Ford

Heres some pics of a WQ we put some wheels on today 16inch Medusa's with 205/45R16 Tyres.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/DSC00945.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/DSC00944.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/DSC00943.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/DSC00942.jpg

They'd just put three ugly stripes up the middle of it (a la suzuki swift), looked a bit tragic.

by the way, with only 19km on the clock, the front suspension components were covered with rust, only bad surface rust but looked terrible.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??

Last edited by Scareybear; 24-05-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

needs lowering, but otherwise looks good.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

They'll be a to keep clean. Bit too busy for my taste.
Old 24-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #4
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like the rims on Angry's car. But they look very very nice.

I love the looks of the facelift dials. Reckons its possible to get them in a original mk6?
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
by the way, with only 19km on the clock, the front suspension components were covered with rust, only bad surface rust but looked terrible.
Like this?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...chmentid=15365

This is exactly what I was barking on about in this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=47415

Ford Customer Service actually just got back to me yesterday and advised me that this rust is "normal" for all current model Fiesta's and they are not willing to do anything about it........."have a nice day sir"............clowns!!

Anyway......enough of my whinging, those wheels would not have been my personal choice, I much prefer a simpler 5 spoke design, thinking about replacing my standard Ford 16 inch 7 Spokes a bit later on, are you in the wheel and tyre business Scareybear?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
Like this?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...chmentid=15365

This is exactly what I was barking on about in this thread

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=47415

Ford Customer Service actually just got back to me yesterday and advised me that this rust is "normal" for all current model Fiesta's and they are not willing to do anything about it........."have a nice day sir"............clowns!!

Anyway......enough of my whinging, those wheels would not have been my personal choice, I much prefer a simpler 5 spoke design, thinking about replacing my standard Ford 16 inch 7 Spokes a bit later on, are you in the wheel and tyre business Scareybear?
As soon as I took the wheels off I saw the rust and thought of that thread, actually seeing it in the flesh, was shocking, I can't believe ford can keep selling cars like this, what would it cost them to quickly spray them, even crc would help, before they left on a boat?

Unfortunatly thats what I do all day, they keep paying me so I keep showing up, if I can help PM me.

By the way we've now got some 15" used wheels and tyres (only done 19kms) fairly cheap, at work if anyone needs them.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
Danny
GT4.

Those were the wheels I wanted, But I kept getting told that I wouldn't get them in Fiesta Offset and stud pattern.

Now I see them in the flesh, I'm quite glad I got the ROH Strada's Instead
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #8
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Doesn't look too bad, I'd want it in a bigger diameter though. Just not quite filling the guards enough. It'd look great if you could get a Fez in Mercury Silver.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Now I see them in the flesh, I'm quite glad I got the ROH Strada's Instead
Danny, those ROH wheels on your Fez are just "sweet as", thats the sort of 5 spokes I'll be looking for when I upgrade, mind if I ask how much they set ya back?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #10
crispymk2

Not a big fan of those rims... not too bad but agree about the lowering (mine needs it bad too)

One thing I really dont like about the WQ's is the rear fog light things down the bottom, look imo compared to the WP ones.

I noticed that the other day (the rust). Will whip out the rush converter and a bit of crc every now and then should keep them looking better.