Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-05-2006, 04:22 PM   #1
Donshe
Starter Motor

Default Urgent Issue (Central Locking) (Not so urgent, aircon heating)

Bit of demanding thread i know gyus but it just worries me is all.

For last couple of months my unlock button on my remote has been broken so I just used the key (AU2 Forte Wagon)

Today as I left work, as soon as I lock the car, it unlocks and beeps 3 times as if to say door open. I checked all the doors and found nothing so drove off. Door open warning indicator was lit.

Now, is this a problem I need to ge tprofessinoally checked out or is there anything I can do myself. Im asking because I have to leave my car at a train station with a fair bit of audio gear in the back, which may mean I now have the task of stripping the car :(

Any help?

Also, my heater doesnt blow hot, just plain busted?

Donshe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

-heater could be the heater tap thats down in the engine bay passenger side firewall (around there).
-behind the glovebox is where the cable goes to for the vent open/close between heater and a/c
-if you have climate control with engine running, press floor and off, pray you dont get code E2

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
Donshe
Starter Motor

No climate control here. I'll be taking it to my auto-elec mate this weekend and have a booking with Ford on Wednesday.

But major issue right now is, if this locking is something I cannot immediately fix now, I have to rip out all my stereo. So, um, is it well and truly ed?
Old 24-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

One of your door lock mechanisms isnt working right with the striker.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
Donshe
Starter Motor

Ive got a feelign its rear passenger. Just by the sound it was making when trying to lock.

Do auto electricians deal with this sort of thing or should I just waste another day and $$$ by leaving it with my Ford dealer?
Old 24-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Just out of curiosity - and a maybe - You mentioned the button for your keypad/remote is broken , Have you by chance still got the broken keypad on your keyring ? - if so it might be the remote control unlocking the door on you ( button might have shorted across latelly ).. maybe try store the remote/keypad at a far distance away from the car next time you lock it . Just a suggestion . gl

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Have you actually tried opening and re-closing all doors?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 11:37 PM   #8
Donshe
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Have you actually tried opening and re-closing all doors?
Cmon man, I opened and closed the bonnet too for good measure :P

Smart idea on the shortd button, I still use the remote to lock the car so its still on my keyring.

But yeah, I tried fitting the car into the garage, but it didnt fit :(

Left my stereo in as its just too much of a hassle to take it out, however, the last time I locked the car, it seems to have stayed locked

(Other times, Id lock it, and 30secs later itd unlock by itself)

Edit- If it were unlocking via shorted remote, the indicators would go off, no?
Old 24-05-2006, 11:39 PM   #9
EA2BA
PM me if you want

should be a fuse for the central locking, just remove that and use the key to lock all the doors, smartshield will still work.

can you lock the back doors in an AU with no central, maybe lock the doors, pull the fuse quickly then, use a key with drivers door.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Having repaired more central locking problems and installed as many as I can throw a stick at..I would highly recommend getting someone to look at it.Its really difficult to diagnose problems over the net.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #11
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donshe
Edit- If it were unlocking via shorted remote, the indicators would go off, no?
Well yes and no , maybe the first time it started to short ( if the button is actually shorted out) it might of flashed , but holding down the button continouslly after a initial press of the button ( same as if it were shoted sorta ) would probably 'not' make the indicators flash again . Try take it off the keyring and store it at a far distance and try , got nothing to loose , allthough reconsidering the above i would think maybe that if the button was shorted that the little l.e.d on the remote/keypad would be constantlly flashing as if holding down the button, unless something had blown the l.e.d in the remote when the button broke ( or shorted out ) ?? . Just take it off ya keyring and store if a good distance away - that will tell you straight out if its the remote/keypad causing the problems or not .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
Donshe
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Having repaired more central locking problems and installed as many as I can throw a stick at..I would highly recommend getting someone to look at it.Its really difficult to diagnose problems over the net.
Ahead of ya man

Keeping an eye on how the car is tonight, and throughout the day tomrrow, will be getting it looked at regardless tomorrow afternoon

Its always good to hear some possibilities first though when I know nothing myself

Thanks for all the feedback guys