Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-01-2024, 06:49 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Not sure why I bother sometimes.

Question asked via a specific detailing Facebook group -

"I've exhausted the rabbit hole on finding any Meguires #39. I do a bunch of Jeeps, and #39 absolutely works every time before Solution Finish. Have any of you been able to find something that actually is equally effective?"

For those that don't know, Meguiar's M39 was a very specific deep cleaner for vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces, absolutely exceptional at its job........until Meguiar's discontinued it. Several members made a suggestion, including one who suggested Nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner or Plastikreiniger. I then chimed in to confirm that its works just as good as M39.

Me -
"I went down this rabbit hole too, this stuff is as close to M39 as it gets."

Response by author -
" So you've used Nexzett with actual results? I'm hoping someone else who was a user of #39, has tried some other products and came across a solution. I'm not going to buy some stuff, try it, and hope it works. I'm looking for the guinea pigs that have already done the heavy lifting. Several products kinda work. Dawn Platinum Powerwash kinda works. I just ordered more Solution Finish dye and need a cleaner."

OMG, LOL!!

Me -
"I have used both, both work very similar to each other in that they lather up and then wipe away clean. The only way you are going to know if it’s going to work for you personally is to buy a bottle and try it, like the rest of us."

Respone by author -
"Your last sentence makes no sense. I'm not referring to what tastes or smells good. That would be personal. I'm referring to if a product performs for a specific task. I don't think the trimwork I'm going to restore, gives two ****s about me personally."

So, twice I gave him the exact information he needed, by someone who has searched and found a replacement for M39, and has used them back to back to confirm it. And yet, dumb old me was not enough for him. And that's before I even unpack the arrogance and laziness of not being bothered to buy and try other products, that he wants "guinea pigs that have already done the heavy lifting" for him.

I can't believe people behave like this online, Facebook in particular. Would you be that rude in speaking to a group of people in person? Some very entitled people out there. And yes, the guy is American.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-01-2024, 08:12 PM   #2
bfets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Not sure why I bother sometimes.

Question asked via a specific detailing Facebook group -

"I've exhausted the rabbit hole on finding any Meguires #39. I do a bunch of Jeeps, and #39 absolutely works every time before Solution Finish. Have any of you been able to find something that actually is equally effective?"

For those that don't know, Meguiar's M39 was a very specific deep cleaner for vinyl, plastic and rubber surfaces, absolutely exceptional at its job........until Meguiar's discontinued it. Several members made a suggestion, including one who suggested Nextzett Plastic Deep Cleaner or Plastikreiniger. I then chimed in to confirm that its works just as good as M39.

Me -

"I went down this rabbit hole too, this stuff is as close to M39 as it gets."

Response by author -

" So you've used Nexzett with actual results? I'm hoping someone else who was a user of #39, has tried some other products and came across a solution. I'm not going to buy some stuff, try it, and hope it works. I'm looking for the guinea pigs that have already done the heavy lifting. Several products kinda work. Dawn Platinum Powerwash kinda works. I just ordered more Solution Finish dye and need a cleaner."

OMG, LOL!!

Me -

"I have used both, both work very similar to each other in that they lather up and then wipe away clean. The only way you are going to know if it’s going to work for you personally is to buy a bottle and try it, like the rest of us."

Respone by author -

"Your last sentence makes no sense. I'm not referring to what tastes or smells good. That would be personal. I'm referring to if a product performs for a specific task. I don't think the trimwork I'm going to restore, gives two ****s about me personally."

So, twice I gave him the exact information he needed, by someone who has searched and found a replacement for M39, and has used them back to back to confirm it. And yet, dumb old me was not enough for him. And that's before I even unpack the arrogance and laziness of not being bothered to buy and try other products, that he wants "guinea pigs that have already done the heavy lifting" for him.

I can't believe people behave like this online, Facebook in particular. Would you be that rude in speaking to a group of people in person? Some very entitled people out there. And yes, the guy is American.
I'm frequently left speechless by the arrogant or sometimes clueless responses people leave not only on Facebook, but even these types of forums.
I just move on very quickly DFB. Don't spend time on these people. I don't respond to those types. They're not worth your time.

Luckily there are plenty other nice respectful people out there as well, who really appreciate your input and advice.
bfets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Gyeon Show 2024

A run through the new and revised Gyeon product range.

Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2024, 06:47 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The Active 2.0 pressure washer is now available in Australia.

https://activeproducts.au/products/a...ull-kit-m22-14
https://tesbros.com/en-au/products/t...43731998736602

The Active is one of the few pressure washers on the market specifically tailored for car washing in mind. Most pressure washer manufacturers focus on achieving the highest possible PSI rating, generally achieved by fitting a smaller nozzle orifice. The tradeoff to that is lean flow rates. For car washing, we want flow and not pressure.

The original Active VE56 hit the US market and delivered outstanding flow rates at a low price. The Active 2.0 improved on the original with a superior inlet/outlet arrangement and even higher flow rate. To put the $539 / $599 (kit) Active 2.0's 2.0 GPM / 7.5 LPM flow rate into perspective, a Kranzle KHD/7 at $2000 only delivers 1.8 GPM / 7 LPM. Naturally, the Kranzle is a high-quality German thoroughbred, but you can't ignore the performance-price ratio of the Active.

Apart from the flow rate, what I like about the Active is the non-proprietary fittings they have used for inlet and outlet connections. This means you can easily upgrade the hose and gun without needing goofy adaptors. Considering the supplied OE hose is only 9mt long, an aftermarket hose would be a wise move. Be that an expensive MTM CobraJet, or one of the well-priced options offered by Waxit. I suggest at least 15 meters so that you don't need to move the machine around the car.

https://www.waxit.com.au/collections...-hose-upgrades
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...43131273117911

Because of how they are configured, the Active can also be setup with a hose reel, either on a rolling cart or wall mounted.

Mustang GT

2 users like this post: