Old 14-03-2021, 09:54 AM   #31
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Coasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Wiz - what happened to the T3500 body?
In China by now.........

Bought for parts, hwy ratio diff, long wheelbase truck rolling chassis etc.

Thought I was going to simply pull the body off and sell it but found the Mazda's bus bodies are fully welded to the frame rails. Yikes. !

Pity, it was a nice straight bus.

Sold a lot of the bus body bits I don't need for the trucks.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2021, 12:21 PM   #32
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

They could go the slide on camper route, I am currently building a fully self contained one so when its not on the back of my truck it can be used as guest accommodation.

Not cheap to make one, but cheaper than buying one made, and cheaper than a Coaster conversion, also you dont have a huge bus stored when not needed.

I purchased a stat write off 2013 Jayco Stirling Outback $548 total from auction, so all I have to buy to build is the frame and cladding, It has everything I need, solar, fridge, stove, bed, aircon, toilet, shower, washing machine, doors, windows etc.

prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 14-03-2021, 01:40 PM   #33
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’d still rather they went the “nothing” route.

What rules do you generally fall under when building on a chassis like that T3500? Is it an ICV or are motorhomes another category again?

I suggested that in the vein of nostalgia for an history we never actually had in Australia, importing a vintage Winnebago might be an option, as it should have good resale prospects.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #34
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I’d still rather they went the “nothing” route.

What rules do you generally fall under when building on a chassis like that T3500? Is it an ICV or are motorhomes another category again?

I suggested that in the vein of nostalgia for an history we never actually had in Australia, importing a vintage Winnebago might be an option, as it should have good resale prospects.
Sorry was travelling.
In regard to this chassis, this ex T3500 bus will become a T3500 truck. Tilt Cab simply bolts the to existing solid bus mounts.
Tray body is bolted stright on chassis rails with wooden runner packers.

If it was me and wanted to convert to a B or C class motorhome.

1. simply bolt a insulated pantec body onto the chassis rails behind the cab. First have it regoed as a 4495GVM pantec truck (NSW rego refers it as RV) (refrigerated van) change of ID.
2. Start the fitout and use the truck to pick up and buy all said materials taking note of material weight.
3. When basic requirements for motorhome compliance finished, have it weight first and take it for change of ID from RV Reefer van to MH motorhome.
4. Make it a walk through to cab if desired, 1.personally I don't like this, as the cab ends up as a mess, 2. I like to keep the tilt cab as if makes it easy to service and mechanics don't mind working a diesel with easy access.
5. Complete all the chinz detail stuff.

OR to save you all the hassle just say NO. If you like super heavy fuel bills, import a Minnie Winnie as most were large V8 leaded petrol engines. That should give you plenty of nostalgia.

reference.....http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11480953

Last edited by roKWiz; 15-03-2021 at 10:02 AM.
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2021, 10:05 AM   #35
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
They could go the slide on camper route, I am currently building a fully self contained one so when its not on the back of my truck it can be used as guest accommodation.

Not cheap to make one, but cheaper than buying one made, and cheaper than a Coaster conversion, also you dont have a huge bus stored when not needed.

I purchased a stat write off 2013 Jayco Stirling Outback $548 total from auction, so all I have to buy to build is the frame and cladding, It has everything I need, solar, fridge, stove, bed, aircon, toilet, shower, washing machine, doors, windows etc.

Yeah, good move. Similar for a larger truck cconversion, simply make the pantec slide on and off an existing steel tray as a portable building on Happy Jacks.