Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #1
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Covid 19 -

I read a letter sent into the paper today that made a good point. If hairdressers are allowed to operate, and hence be considered an essential business, then tell me how going to get a haircut is essential travel? When they say there are only 4 reasons to leave the house, work, education, food, exercise.

A haircut fits none of those 4 criteria. No wonder everyones so bloody confused about what you can and can't do.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I read a letter sent into the paper today that made a good point. If hairdressers are allowed to operate, and hence be considered an essential business, then tell me how going to get a haircut is essential travel? When they say there are only 4 reasons to leave the house, work, education, food, exercise.

A haircut fits none of those 4 criteria. No wonder everyones so bloody confused about what you can and can't do.
Agree with the mixed messages... but at least were are partly open for business in Australia. I'd rather this than full lockdown like in NZ... and to my mind the results here are pretty good in comparison to NZ.
Old 17-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #3
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Agree with the mixed messages... but at least were are partly open for business in Australia. I'd rather this than full lockdown like in NZ... and to my mind the results here are pretty good in comparison to NZ.
the results are almost identical which is interesting? considering the different approaches
Up until a week or so we only had one death ....but then an unfortunate out break in a rest home created a few more
It will be interesting to see how it pans out as we come out of lockdown , im just pleased we're not taking the Trump approach where it looks like 2000 deaths seams to be there latest average per day

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
Old 16-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:

Get your haircut at a hairdressers in a shopping complex whilst you're there for shopping needs, simple really.
It's not like they're going to follow you around the shops to make sure you're not just getting a haircut.
Old 16-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #5
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Get your haircut at a hairdressers in a shopping complex whilst you're there for shopping needs, simple really.
It's not like they're going to follow you around the shops to make sure you're not just getting a haircut.
nah, but google and facebook will
Old 16-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #6
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
nah, but google and facebook will
And, so long as you grab some essential supplies whilst your there its not a problem.
If you're on your way to get a haircut and get pulled over you don't tell them you're on your way to get a haircut, you say I need bread and milk and whilst im there i'll get a haircut next door at the hairdresser, you've met the essential needs criteria in the intention to get bread and milk. Now, if you got pulled over on the way home and said I went for bread and milk, got a haircut and have no bread and milk to show, you've got a problem.
Just align your need for a haircut with a need to leave home for an essential reason.

Is this really that hard to understand or are people just being awkward for the sake of being awkward.
This user likes this post:
Old 16-04-2020, 08:25 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
And, so long as you grab some essential supplies whilst your there its not a problem.
If you're on your way to get a haircut and get pulled over you don't tell them you're on your way to get a haircut, you say I need bread and milk and whilst im there i'll get a haircut next door at the hairdresser, you've met the essential needs criteria in the intention to get bread and milk. Now, if you got pulled over on the way home and said I went for bread and milk, got a haircut and have no bread and milk to show, you've got a problem.
Just align your need for a haircut with a need to leave home for an essential reason.

Is this really that hard to understand or are people just being awkward for the sake of being awkward.
It was just a sarcastic observation, I couldn't care less about the conversation ;)

..I'm leaving now.
Old 16-04-2020, 09:43 PM   #8
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
It was just a sarcastic observation, I couldn't care less about the conversation ;)

..I'm leaving now.
Old 16-04-2020, 09:55 PM   #9
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Lets not forget, it wasn't until the Bondi Beach incident that Govco started tightening the screws and then a week later we see St Kilda put on its own show despite the fallout of Bondi, the writing was on the wall but people still pushed the boundaries.
There's no doubt the Vic Police in particular have been on a mission, but from the outside looking in it would appear as though they we're just pushing back with authority and have now been asked to show some discretion.

You only have to take notice of many of the questions asked of what can and cant be done through various platforms to see that people still don't want to accept the reality of it and are still looking to find loopholes or test the measures.

As Cyber alluded to, just suck it up, let it runs its course and we'll all be back sledging each other at the footy or in the parity thread in no time.
Old 16-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #10
hayseed

Quote:

Given the amount of "Contact" involved in getting Your hair Done.
I'm Gobsmacked that It's Deemed essential.. SCOMO (or whomever made the call) must've wanted to keep SWMBO onside..
Old 16-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #11
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Given the amount of "Contact" involved in getting Your hair Done.
I'm Gobsmacked that It's Deemed essential.. SCOMO (or whomever made the call) must've wanted to keep SWMBO onside..
Have you ever seen a bottle blond with regrowth???

It's essential
Old 16-04-2020, 04:53 PM   #12
hayseed

Quote:

It's essential
Touche`
Old 16-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #13
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

It's essential
Yeah I always wondered why so many “blondes” went to the trouble of dyeing their hair roots dark!!
6 users like this post:
Old 16-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #14
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Not everyone is out of work. There are plenty of people still working where personal grooming is important to their job.

Even if not working, we aren't expected to all look like Robinson Crusoe.

As mentioned earlier, stop looking for loopholes and issues.
Closed Thread