Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 24-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #91
normell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Normell

Your user title does suit when you post.
Changed I hope

Still Drinking & Driving, But Not At The Same Time
Old 24-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #92
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

I think its all fair enough , when doing R&D its a good idea not to speculate ;) - if these mods where just the usual old mods that have been done on most mechanics books for ages, then i'de be expecting to hear what is getting done and detailed info on it. By the sounds of it all so far - new developments/modded mods are being researched and improved, and as such i wouldn't expect to hear too much until G&D and their customer are happy with their results, that stand their grounds . Also i wouldn't expect G&D to let too much out of the bag for ya's all yet either !- they are a company - using their machines and time ( and others cars ) to improve mods for the better - do you ( people asking more more more ! ) think G&D are going to hand you all the details on a plate after all their R&D and time and money involved - just so u can make one at home or try anyways... NO WAY ! - they will be hoping you will come to them to get the mods. You might get a bit of info on whats being done , but as far as details guys about the percific mods and its data i wouldn't expect too much for some time to come , at least untill a few people have their new setups installed by G&D and they have made their $$'s from it , which is all fair enough - thats business ! .

As far as this thread goes, i havent got a problem with it , i have enjoyed reading it. As mentioned - if you dont like it then dont read it , just the same as if you dont like certian tv programs - you dont watch them .. easy ;) ..peace !

:eclipsee_
Old 25-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #93
divine_afg
Extreme_Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
or you can simply just stop reading the thread.
Got a problem with it? Tough. I'm not here to pander to your demands. My car, my money. If I choose to release the details I will do so, as and when I want to. Why do I choose not to now? Because I dont have to. I already know what is getting done, I talk to Glenn most every day. I already have certain results in my possession and there are already a number of close friends on here who are well aware of whats happening but are choosing not to say anything.. you are just not one of them in the know.
So if you think its crap, fine, thats your choice. To tell me to put up or shut up is a bit rich though. I dont see you at any of the Drag meets, nor do I see you supporting the forums as a donating member/contributing member, nor do I see your car "putting up or shutting up" on the forums. This is a 2 edged sword. I have started these threads and strung them along. In the end I am well aware I need to show the goods. I certainly dont need a drop in member who hasnt been actively involved in anything to do with the forums or its community to come in here demanding crap from me.. Oh, and if you have a good look around the forums rather than just expecting to be spoon fed you would find a huge amount of HINTS as to whats getting done.
firstly i would like to say that i dont have anything against this thread ... good entertainment ... the only reason i read it was to see what innovations have been created... you might remember casper i congratulated both yourself and G&D for your achievments in the previous thread and i do so once more with no doubt in any regards......

know i might be off topic here but i dont think that the above comments are right.. although it just could be your opinion but by saying that you need to be a donating member to make any comments on threads is wrong... this is a public forum i as far as im concerned run privatly by ford enthusiast such your self and just because your a moderator and run your own au falcon club link with this forum doesnt make you very special and infact sounds like your not doing any good to this forum either by letting fellow members down by such comments think about what the new members of this forum, exiting donating and non donating members would be thinking...
im only saying all this because like you said there are lots of "drop in member" in this forum and its "US" whos made this forum what it is and its because of this drop in members that this forum has its sponsor and is such a big community own its own...................... im difinetly puting my intentions of becoming a "donating member" or "sponsor" in rest for now.......
there's always two sides to things.... and you shouldnt be irrational when
making your comments
i once again wish both you and G&D good lucks with the future plans and looking
forward to meeting you in the BBQ....................

Kind Regards
Hariss
Old 25-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #94
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

It's ridiculous how something that started as a bit of fun, in one thread, could lead to such garbage in another. It's beyond me. Unbelievable!! Another circus..... _
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 25-03-2006, 04:07 AM   #95
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

gees Casper tell me matey I"ll keep ya secrets safe : but then I wont have a bed time stroy to read : carn"t wait to you finish it, sell it + buy a 8 lunger + start again

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 25-03-2006, 04:16 AM   #96
Kev_BLNXR8_Ute
Hmm Project XW VAN !!!!

I see this hole things as a bit of light hearted fun that people take a bit to serious at times but thats life.

I went through a simular thing when my BA XR8 was the benchmark for all.
I had the quickest Un-Opened Boss 260 for ten months. I didnt expect it it just happend.
There was heaps and heaps of R&D done on the car.
We tryed everthing.
CAI's, Throttle Body's, Spacers, Exhausts ect. Some of it worked some didnt.

The first time it hit the track in this form it just happened to nail the quickest time anyone had seen. 13.29

I didnt think it was anything special. I thought it was crap. I expected alot more from it not relising what I had done mattered. I never understood the racing world.
I found out my closest rival was a good half sec slower and I thought so what.

People were talking 100's and 10ths of sec's. Im like what the hell drug's are you guys on. I want Half a sec....

The best I ever did was a 13.20.
I soon learnt how it was in the drag world.

My ute was always consistent and still is.

The record now is so much quicker with the Flash Technology & r/d.

I had more than a few things set me back for a while and couldn't step up to todays level.

Now that things are getting back on track I want to get back to the track.

There will be more R&D that will eventualy lead to more mods that can only help the consumer.

I wish casper all the best and cant wait to see what comes of his car.
At the end of the day it will benifit everyone.

One thing to remember is peak power is not everthing.

Hamo can vouce for that....

This may seem like one big Addvet for G&D but in my eyes the deseve it. They are a great bunch of people.

This thread is ment to be a bit of light hearted reading.
Bring on the MODS and........

GO FORD and GO G&D........

Yella Terra Supercharged

Power Output?
ENOUGH TO BREAK EVERY THING MORE TIMES THAN I CARE TO COUNT