Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2016, 07:45 PM   #31
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Function to stop speedsters from using accelerator 'the way to cut road deaths'

We need a charter of rights like the Americans have to stop these aberrations to the gene pool..

How many people died on the open section in the NT doing 130+?
If my memory serves...none.

All this will do is put the nongs into daydream mode at 100km/h. I can see it sending the road toll upwards...then we will need more speed cameras. Geniuses!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 PM   #32
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Default Re: Function to stop speedsters from using accelerator 'the way to cut road deaths'

It's a sad state of affairs when they government has the power to do whatever they want and the civilians do nothing to prevent it. They will just employ some quality propagandist to create an ad campaign that transforms this speed-limiting device into a life-saver in the eyes of the general public. Then people will be telling you that you're a hoon if you don't have one fitted. Eventually it will become mandatory to fit it to all new cars.

Really they just want to take your control away in every facet of your life, they'll just keep chipping away at us until the day self-driving cars become mandatory. I don't know if people realise just how controlled we are becoming. The media works as a puppet of the powers that be to convince the gullible that everything they do is in our best interest and I have no doubt ACA/Today Tonight will run scare campaigns when/if this product is released to the public. Just like they do with everything else that suits their agenda.

"Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away."
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 PM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

By all means put an alarm and some flashing lights in if the car exceeds the limit by a stupid speed ..... but Taking away throttle control is taking away car control !
i know it has already been said , but if you for some reason need extra throttle and its not there ...... oh well you may just die and maybe others too .......

The judge says "thats ok........... if we caught you speeding we would have had to hang you for an offence worse than ?????????
" you have to have your priorities right sunny " speeding is very naughty ,.............................. mean while back at the ranch ............. At kangaroo court .... go murder someone and its two years community service .

But back in the Lab , DR proffesory wisdom who`s never driven a car ............ and only rides his three wheeler in the dry and never over 6.5 kph and always before 2.45 in the afternoon ........... because statistics show there`s more chance of being run off the road by a fast moving tortoise at that time due to the warmth of the afternoon sun or , or being mauled by an angry Sydney Swans killer koala ........................ thinks of new and interesting ways to turn all drivers into controlled unthinking morons that can no longer get experience controlling the motor vehicle ................because more and more of the experience that you once learned from trial and error actually fully driving and controlling a vehicle and making the odd mistake and learning from it (including the odd speeding fine ) ................ are now slowly being taken away by some twirp in a lab coat and probably some a do gooder polly who wants to grab a few extra votes .

Was i over the top with that ???
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-10-2016, 10:07 PM   #34
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Well if read loud_Noises original post it caters for legitimate speeds.
Oh, so you propose we retrofit a device - even to vehicles that the technology is suitable for? And who pays?
Old 05-10-2016, 10:24 PM   #35
KeyboardFighter
Smashed Conrod

If someone wants to speed they will disable or bypass the limiter. if it's retrofitted to all cars one person will find a way to get rid of it and once someone makes a youtube tutorial on it then everyone's going to be doing it. Why would I need a speed limiter if I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Put it on chronic speeders cars. I have needed to go over the speedlimit to overtake trucks on single lane highways. if the speedlimit is 100kph and the truck is doing 97 that leaves me 3kph to get pass.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #36
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another reason i'm glad i sold the car and only ride a motorbike
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #37
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Oh, so you propose we retrofit a device - even to vehicles that the technology is suitable for? And who pays?
You just being argumentative, my answer was for another comment you made!!!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:11 AM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyboardFighter View Post
If someone wants to speed they will disable or bypass the limiter. if it's retrofitted to all cars one person will find a way to get rid of it and once someone makes a youtube tutorial on it then everyone's going to be doing it. Why would I need a speed limiter if I have never gotten a speeding ticket. Put it on chronic speeders cars. I have needed to go over the speedlimit to overtake trucks on single lane highways. if the speedlimit is 100kph and the truck is doing 97 that leaves me 3kph to get pass.
very true mate , i remember when my mate got his first car that his father organized and had it tuned before he took possession of the car , it was a holden HT with a 307 v8 in it and a 2 speed , it was amazingly slow , and these where already amazingly slow from the factory with a first gear that did over 100 kph , but this one was even slower .............it took us about 10 minutes to work out he had fiddled the accelerator linkage down to about two thirds throttle ,
We soon fixed that puppy right up .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #39
axe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Where's this from? I want to send it to someone but I know they'll ask for the reference.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Centre for Road Safety.

XF Ute, ED XR6 sedan, AUII sedan, BF XR6 sedan, FG XR6T sedan

Now

Ford FGX XR6 Sprint, FG MkII XT EcoLPI
axe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post