Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-05-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
RACERED
Winding roads please

Default Focus st idle

My ST has just started to every now and again,idle a little roughly... from 1000rpm to 1500rpm up down up down till i blip the acellerator. Any had this.

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
RACERED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:25 AM   #2
Mulga
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Focus st idle

Yep, mine does it as has done for some time. Generally happens from a cold start i.e. First thing in the morning and at night. I also had the issue with the stalling, but that has been sorted.
Mulga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #3
marko
Marko

It was part of a recall in America. There was a wiring splice that needed repair. Ford say European models didn't have it but I know of a few that did and finally got it repaired under warranty. The hard part is getting it to do it while at Ford. The worst case I saw/heard was a car wouldn't run from it and ended up going in on a tow truck.

Sent from the Bat-phone
Old 12-05-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
ronnas07

Push for the wiring splice repair. It eventually gets worse and starts cutting out whilst driving. Ford will play ignorant and you'll probably have to go back 2-3 times but keep pushing for it. Now that ours is fixed fuel economy has also dropped. The car is great again.
ronnas07 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #5
Lazarus

Hi All,
I'm keen on soon updating my Fiesta to a second hand 2013-14 Focus ST. But I'm trolling the net for issues on this car and it's quite concerning. Especially the idle issue. Are the German build Aussie cars ok? Thank for your replies in advance.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
RACERED
Winding roads please

Mine has a slight rough idle on cold start after around 10 seconds.. only mildly rough. Ford australia said its fine and normal. Mine is now for salesale in adelaide.. time for my next set of wheels

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
Old 26-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
Lazarus

So would you rate it as a good car? It just seems here in Sydney there are alot of low kms examples for sale... is this because people are having issues?

Thanks
Old 27-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #8
JVC063

I would rate it a great car in ST form
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
So would you rate it as a good car? It just seems here in Sydney there are alot of low kms examples for sale... is this because people are having issues?

Thanks
I love mine, although im debating moving mine on aswell. That said i have been debating it for a while just cant bring myself to do it. Mines been faultless.

Also mine has a rough idle sometimes aswell. and only once has it been bad enough i needed throttle to keep it going.
Old 27-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #10
RACERED
Winding roads please

I think prople may sell with low km to get a better return sale price. My issues have been rattle in drivers door.. fixed.. rubber door seals becoming unglued..fixed.. sound symposer broke and started sounding rough.. fixed.. great car, fun to drive, ride a little too bone jarring on bumpy pot hole infested adelaide roads.

HURRY UP WEEKEND DRIVE
Old 27-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #11
Lazarus

Thanks for the replies...it will be my everyday car so I need it to be reliable.
Old 27-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #12
gtv6capri
Starter Motor

I have a red ST for the last 12 months, done 30,000 klms the car has not missed a beat. I have replaced tyres, and have had no idle issues. I always use 98 octane and avoid Ethanol where I can. I have noticed a little bit of lag uphill from standing start this tank, not sure if its petrol or something else, but Im due for the 50k service so will mention it. I love my ST my previous car was a Mondeo XR5 the focus is a different car. Sadly Ill be selling mine as my wife has just acquired an XR6 ute as a company car. So if you are looking for a 50k red ST with new tyres and just serviced, long reg and RWC, feel free to contact me
gtv6capri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2016, 07:53 PM   #13
Lazarus

I actually need to sell my Fiesta first and I'm in no huge rush... I think I like white the best. Had a bad experience with red but thanks anyhow.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
stig_3754

Just had the 60K service done on mine (had it since new) and I've had no idling issues, nor any other mechanical issues. The only issue I've had is the alloy cover in the clutch pedal falling off recently, which the dealer has ordered a replacement clutch pedal rather than trying to refit the cover.
stig_3754 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post