Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #4321
WRW76
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everybody, newbie here. Down in Tassie, hoping to get a turbo 6 ute sometime soon so I though I would join up and start studying some info on them. currently driving a Verada whilst im saving up, I am on the FPV and XR owners club of Tasmanias page on Facebook as well.
Cheers
Roger
WRW76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #4322
XDfan

Hi, I'm a new member from Canberra. I've been a fan of the falcon my whole life and have owned an XE sedan, XB wagon, XD ute, XF ute, EF sedan, EL XR8 sedan and now a BF fairmont ghia. I'm looking to recreate a bit of my youth and am trying to track down a matching number XD V8 ute in Canberra (or surrounding area). The budget is pretty flexible for the right ute. Anyone got anything for sale?
XDfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #4323
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDfan View Post
Hi, I'm a new member from Canberra. I've been a fan of the falcon my whole life and have owned an XE sedan, XB wagon, XD ute, XF ute, EF sedan, EL XR8 sedan and now a BF fairmont ghia. I'm looking to recreate a bit of my youth and am trying to track down a matching number XD V8 ute in Canberra (or surrounding area). The budget is pretty flexible for the right ute. Anyone got anything for sale?
XD fan - here you go (Narre Warren is just south of Canberra, turn right at Cann River) http://www.fordmusclecars.com.au/vie...p?ItemID=12179

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2015, 11:19 PM   #4324
XDfan

Thanks nuthin fancy, I have see that one and I reckon it is good value but I really don't like the LTD front end. I think the standard grill looks heaps better.
XDfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 12:58 AM   #4325
jimb0b
Starter Motor

Hey Guys! All new to this forums stuff, I've got a Bf xr8 ex cop car 6sp auto, Has Herod CIA been tuned, has headers and 2.5" exhaust. Dyno says I've got 242rwkw and 700nm torque. Goes well but thinking I'd like to put on a supercharger to get it up to that 300kw..anyone done this ? What's your thoughts?

Cheers
Jimmy
jimb0b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #4326
Lesmccann
Starter Motor

Hi all been viewing for a while thought id say hi just brought my second ford a 2008 FG XR8 manual good to see a group that love there fords and help others out
Cheers les
Lesmccann is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #4327
asqn3cavregt
Starter Motor

Hi all I have just joined this forum as I have bought a BF ute (dedicated gas)and expect to have a few technical questions as time goes by.I have already gained a bit of imfo from reading some stickies and applying the remedies ,which worked well and I am happy with that.I hope to get enough posts up so that I can start asking and advising over time.Cheers Albie.
asqn3cavregt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #4328
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asqn3cavregt View Post
Hi all I have just joined this forum as I have bought a BF ute (dedicated gas)and expect to have a few technical questions as time goes by.I have already gained a bit of imfo from reading some stickies and applying the remedies ,which worked well and I am happy with that.I hope to get enough posts up so that I can start asking and advising over time.Cheers Albie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimb0b
Hey Guys! All new to this forums stuff, I've got a Bf xr8 ex cop car 6sp auto, Has Herod CIA been tuned, has headers and 2.5" exhaust. Dyno says I've got 242rwkw and 700nm torque. Goes well but thinking I'd like to put on a supercharger to get it up to that 300kw..anyone done this ? What's your thoughts?

Cheers
Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesmccann
Hi all been viewing for a while thought id say hi just brought my second ford a 2008 FG XR8 manual good to see a group that love there fords and help others out
Cheers les
Welcome guys, there's plenty here to learn from and to keep you entertained.

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 10:59 PM   #4329
patchwork
Starter Motor

good day to you all , please help me if you can as I do not understand a lot of lingo with posts and threads ? I am a lover of the 1970 falcons we have a sedan and a ute . thanks for any help you can give me ....
patchwork is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #4330
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchwork View Post
good day to you all , please help me if you can as I do not understand a lot of lingo with posts and threads ? I am a lover of the 1970 falcons we have a sedan and a ute . thanks for any help you can give me ....
HI Patchwork and welcome.

Is there any particular kind of help that you need ?

Last edited by GasoLane; 29-01-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: The typo Fairy strikes again!
GasoLane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #4331
SHILO
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gidday ,SHILO here, I have just joined the Forum and looking forward to Ford chat.Have been in the motor trade for some fifty years 50/50 Ford and Toyota. My first ford was a 1940 club convertible followed by a 1951 twin spinner numerous falcons and a Cortina GT shoved in there somewhere. No car at the moment as Im enjoying my other love, motorcycles current ride is a 2013 FJR which I use every day,for comuting and pleasure.
SHILO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #4332
yetti79
Starter Motor

Hello all
Always been a car fan but have had mainly had Fords. Current one XW GT replica been enjoying last couple of months but now engine needs rings so thought tidy up of the rest while I'm at it so on here for info and ideas. Good site with lots of tech articles which I like as a big fan of DIY. Thanks in advance for any help
yetti79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #4333
KingDom
Starter Motor

Hi all. Noticed some posts on this forum being useful in my adventures of auto works. Others just full of keyboard commandos. I got 2 fords now. One late model and one classic. Hope I can be of service to any questions if I know the answer.

Last edited by KingDom; 30-01-2015 at 09:49 PM.
KingDom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #4334
SUN SHINE
Starter Motor

Hello all
No Ford (yet) for me. I'm considering a 2010 Ford Ranger 4x4 to do some off-road treks and camping. I registered in the hope that I could learn about the Ranger from forum members.
Thanks.
SUN SHINE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:01 AM   #4335
nikG6E
2012 G6E

Hello Ford lovers !!

I am now a proud and satisfied owner of a G6E , love the smooth ride and comfort . Surprisingly good economy too. The only mods so far are I downgraded the wheels size from 18" to 17" .. could not find my choice of rubber but ,better it next time !!

Cheers
Nik
nikG6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #4336
punjabirafe
Starter Motor

Hi to old and welcom to new member i m muhammad i m a car lover and this forum is great help thanks
punjabirafe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #4337
nikG6E
2012 G6E

and now I'm wondering if my aircon needs a re-gas or is just not that great (seems to be the case), and I definitely feel and hear the bumps in the road, which I'm hoping is just some stiff suspension in the back from towing.

Hey ...I just bought my G6E last week too and its quite smooth ..I choose some 17" wheels and higher profile tyres to tackle the bumps better , but I'm guessing with the 2009 model they come standard with 17" wheels. The air-con is very good so maybe yours might need regas.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #4338
fordfalcon04
Starter Motor

HI everyone my name is George I am new on this site and wanted to ask a question I have a 2004 BA Falcon XT with 16'' wheels and have 17'' rims from Mazda 626 which I found have a offset 37-50 high positive are these OK to use.
fordfalcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 11:55 PM   #4339
mattyfgxr6t
Starter Motor

hey all figured id post on here i have sort of a frenzy of fords lets see i have au falcon with bf xr 17s lowered c2r side and rear bars au xr seats and door trims and a fg 2013 xr6 turbo ex cop with 20s and brembos also have a xf ute with 16 inch wheels work ute i have a kf tx3 non turbo and a tx3 turbo all wheel drive so ya just a few fords hahaha
mattyfgxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #4340
HIPO
Al

Hi all, have been a Ford fan for most of my life, but got out of V8's for about 15 yrs.
Anyway, a few months back I picked up a 63 Fairlane Sport Coupe that I just couldn't say no too.
She's a 289 HIPO with a T10 close ratio 4 speed & 9inch with 3.89 gears.
Its a rare K-code of which there's only 76 accounted for in the U.S.

Cheers, Al.
HIPO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-02-2015, 12:08 PM   #4341
nikG6E
2012 G6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfalcon04 View Post
HI everyone my name is George I am new on this site and wanted to ask a question I have a 2004 BA Falcon XT with 16'' wheels and have 17'' rims from Mazda 626 which I found have a offset 37-50 high positive are these OK to use.
hey dude...the BA has a +36 offset..+37 will stick (tiny bit) towards the brakes

not sure if that helps
Old 03-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #4342
Rowdy Fitment
Armbar Assassin

Recently joined up. Not really a Ford fan, more off a car enthusiast in general but there are plenty of Fords I like and after driving a 4x4 for a few years I'm looking at buying something a little bit more fun again, so hopefully in a couple of months time will buy a BA-BF XR8 Ute.
Rowdy Fitment is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #4343
z3149441
Starter Motor

Hi Ford Forum members, Learnt to drive in an Anglia way back when, so still have fond memories driving around the block in that, good times! Now have a Territory as the daily driver and its just an awesome car, does everything and more!
z3149441 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2015, 09:02 PM   #4344
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome everyone. I look forward to reading more about your experiences and love of the Ford brand

Cheers
Col
Old 04-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #4345
Millsy!
Starter Motor

Hi there. My name is Ben. I hail from Perth, Western Australia! I have converted from Holden to Ford....just love the milage you get from a ford. 10,000 taxi drivers can't be wrong!!! I own a factory standard 2004 Ford Fiesta Ghia. 5 speed manual. This little baby has some boot and great economy. Can't stand the RDS 4500 EON head unit though! Hope to learn some cool stuff on here.....☺
Millsy! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-02-2015, 05:06 PM   #4346
Owen Wesburn
Starter Motor

Question Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello ford people , my name is Owen . I own a xb fairmont coupe in desperate need of lotsa TLC . Due to work commitments as a personal carer , i don't have the time for the rebuild of my neglected coupe , am looking for a reputable panel beater / spray painter that won't rip me off . Love mad max style , but want painted green colour of my original superbird . Any help would be appreciated.
Owen Wesburn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2015, 10:50 PM   #4347
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome Owen. What state are you in? I know of a few great workshops now and am happy to help point you in the right direction.

Cheers
Col
Old 06-02-2015, 09:04 AM   #4348
Owen Wesburn
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wesburn View Post
Hello ford people , my name is Owen . I own a xb fairmont coupe in desperate need of lotsa TLC . Due to work commitments as a personal carer , i don't have the time for the rebuild of my neglected coupe , am looking for a reputable panel beater / spray painter that won't rip me off . Love mad max style , but want painted green colour of my original superbird . Any help would be appreciated.
I live in Victoria , the closest suburbia is Lillydale or Bayswater , east of Melbourne .
Owen Wesburn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 12:47 PM   #4349
Freddie123
Starter Motor

Hi All,
My name's Fred. Nothing exciting like some of you blokes - Just a plain jane AU3 wagon workhorse with 488k on the clock which still runs like a dream. Thought I'd join up as I enjoy reading the posts and lots of good information and tips too. Thanks.
Freddie123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #4350
eimeo93
Starter Motor

Howdy people just chasing information on restoring my k code xb Fairmont sedan cheers
eimeo93 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post