Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

Question New to the fiesta family...

I bought a used Fiesta zetec bout a mnth ago (12000 on the clock) and the guy who owned it previously had it running on premium. :baby bott
ive been filling it with unleaded and the revs jump up and down a bit every so often could it be cause i havent been fillin it with the rich stuff? :
ps will have pics of the Blue Bunny soon.

Mezetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 12:46 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Guessing its a Blue Zetec? Where abouts in the Inner West are you? Did you get auto or manual? We want details!

As for the revs, i think it COULD be due to the fuel. I know my Fiesta loves premium and suffers on anything lower then 95 octane. Especially the rev range... as it gets heaps loud and exhaustive above 5000rpm on anything but premium!

Good luck with the Fiesta, and get some pics!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:38 AM   #3
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

Aquarius YUP. We are in Strathfield. I didnt initially want a manual cause my last car was auto and i had come accustomed to the ability to multi-task whilst driving but could not afford a zetec in auto, but i am glad i hav manual its more fun to drive ;)

I hav been to hell and back with Ford for a warranty job. NOt HapPy JaN! I hav been waiting 2 months for a clip for the drivers rear seat and the line "we will call u" i have learnt means 'u will need to call us cause we will forget bout u'. Is Fords service always this annoying??? or maybe only wen they are not getting paid to work?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezetec
Aquarius YUP. We are in Strathfield. I didnt initially want a manual cause my last car was auto and i had come accustomed to the ability to multi-task whilst driving but could not afford a zetec in auto, but i am glad i hav manual its more fun to drive ;)

I hav been to hell and back with Ford for a warranty job. NOt HapPy JaN! I hav been waiting 2 months for a clip for the drivers rear seat and the line "we will call u" i have learnt means 'u will need to call us cause we will forget bout u'. Is Fords service always this annoying??? or maybe only wen they are not getting paid to work?
Welcome. Unfortunately stories like this are all too common with Ford after sales service, and nothing seems to ever be done about it.

Enjoy your car, and good luck with the clip!

-Danny
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:09 AM   #5
na01

Welcome Mezetec!
I've only ran mine on premiums so I can't comment on how it runs anything other than premium.
As Danny mentioned, this kind of service is not uncommon. The after care service is a weak point with Fords IMO and it has certainly put me off ever wanting to buy car from the dealer where I bought my car from.
Anyways enjoy the car as its a fun little car
na01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 10:22 AM   #6
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Mezetec,

Welcome to the Fez Forums. Looks like the Aquarious is getting fairly popular amongst the forums and club. Make sure you check out www.eurofordclub.com and register and post up some piccies.

How much did you pay all up?

Please explain "Custom Playboy interior (DIY style)" it sounds interesting.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome Mezetec!!!

Enjoy the little Fez ^^ Wouldn't know about the petrol issue though; I'm only pumping in normal petrol, lol. Might give the 95 a try.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Welcome, have fun.....

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #9
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
Looks like the Aquarious is getting fairly popular amongst the forums and club.
You mean Dime a Dozen hehehehe :
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #10
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

Thanks every one for the warm welcome. I think i am going to start feeding my car premium and see it makes a diff.

I bought the car for $15,500 + insurance/transfer and so far have spent $400 on extras. It is an Sept 04 model and came wid 12mnths rego so i was happy bout that.

The DIY thing well, i had some playboy seat covers from my last car and evn though they didnt fit the fez (way 2 big) i thought it might be a fun project to alter them but that led to buying playboy rear seat covers that also dont fit (way 2 big - "one size fits all" -hmmm...) and do not allow for the head rests or those things you clip into the buckle wen not in use, so i hav to alter those and i hand made the headrests out of silver PVC, then i bought a playboy steering wheel cover which also didnt fit,,,more sewing,,,and seatbelt covers (thank god they fit) and all while my back seat has been out of order (waiting for Ford to get the clip) so im still not finished:(
Old 11-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #11
Mezetec
Blue Bunny

PS does anyone know where u can get cheaper Ford accessories ie scuff plates$175-. rather than buying from Ford?? im also after fez floor mats $100- and clear side indicators...
Old 11-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #12
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Ummmm, well u can get the clear indicators from the uk for under 50 bucks including shipping www.fordpartsuk.co.uk or ebay or www.carshine.com.au in Victoria.

Ford scuffies and matts might be a bit of a challenge getting em for a cheaper price, but give it ago. I would recommend dominelli or brad garlick ford for quotes on accessories, they were nice to me when i got some quotes on 2006 fiesta parts.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Did you get that from Sydney Car Exchange?

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post