Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 09-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
dan76n

Default Internal door lock button not working "quick reply please"

Just had a Mondeo given a master check from RACQ and the one issue it had we didn't pick up ourselves was that the internal button that locks all the doors doesn't work. The actual remote itself does though.
Is this likely to be an expensive fix or something minor?
Replies today would be great as we plan to pick it up tomorrow morning if this is only minor. Just worried that its going to cost me a European fortune to fix.
Cheers,
Danny.

dan76n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default Re: Internal door lock button not working "quick reply please"

Go to Talkford.com and do a search in the Mark iv section.

I never used the interior button as I had the auto locking engaged by the dealer. Mine was an MA. My partner goes off if the doors aren't locked, I'd give a dealer a call. Might just need a reset.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Diud you have the doors shut when you tried it? If the key is in the ignition the engine may need to be running. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
dan76n

Thanks guys, I have yet to see it myself but spoke to the guy who did the inspection and he said it just doesn't work but maybe it's something to do with the auto lock feature? I will try talk ford as well.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Dan,

On the MA series cars (and since in Europe the MA MB and MC varieties are all Mk4 cars, so I would anticipate little cahge for the later Oz models) there are a number of options regarding locking that can be programmed.

Since you are talking RACQ I presume a "pre-owned vehicel" either dealer or private.

If dealer, and there is a problem, then a fix is available under the statutory dealer warranty, if private then you will need to sort it out before you hand over any money.

Since the remote is working, I think we can conclude that the electro-mechanical stuff is OK so if a "problem" exists its probably some kind of software "glitch", but it might be the way the car has been set up.

Ours has the double lock facility and anti hijack feature active. This works in the following way.

On locking a single press of the lock button will lock all the doors to stage 1 level. In this state the interior lock tabs will work and allow doors to be unlocked.

If you press the remote lock button twice then you engage stage 2 locking and in this state the interior tabs will not work and anyone inside the car is trapped there.

On unlocking, a single press of the unlock button will only unlock the driver's door to prevent another person from entering through any of the other doors and menacing the driver (Hi-jack). Double pressing the unlock button will unlock all doors.

Having said all this, it is possible to programme the Body computer so that these features are not active. Then the lock/unlock is the simple version, ie single stage only, but I'm not sure if this single stage option is to engage the complete lock up feature or only the lower level locking ie the interior tabs still work.

So far as the auto-lock feature is concerned, I'm only aware of an automatic relocking feature. This works if after an unlock cycle, no door is opened the door(s) will return to their previous locked condition after about 30 seconds.

On cars with keyless entry and ignition I'm not clear about the locking process, as my handbook does not cover these options.

Hope this helps

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
dan76n

Thanks Alan for the in depth reply.
After reading that I'm pretty confident it's not going to be a major issue. I will check it out when we pick it up but hopefully it's just a case of the RACQ inspector not understanding the system.
I will post on how we go tonight.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan76n
Thanks Alan for the in depth reply.
After reading that I'm pretty confident it's not going to be a major issue. I will check it out when we pick it up but hopefully it's just a case of the RACQ inspector not understanding the system.
I will post on how we go tonight.
I assume you are looking at a Titanium Spec Mondeo?
What year / Series? (MA, MB, MC etc.)
Old 10-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
dan76n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ope126
I assume you are looking at a Titanium Spec Mondeo?
What year / Series? (MA, MB, MC etc.)
2009 MB titanium.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #9
dan76n

We picked the car up tonight and the button is the one with the picture of the unlocked padlock on it. Its in the same position as the electric window button on the passenger side.
It doesn't seem to work and I have also noticed it doesn't illuminate like all the other buttons when I turn the lighting on.
I checked what fuse it could be in the manual and its on the same fuse as the windows and they work so it can't be the fuse.
I'm going to give ford a call tomorrow as the cars warranty expired yesterday and we have a written report from RACQ saying it was found faulty yesterday so I'm hoping they will come to the party and fix it.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dan,
that button only unlocks the doors.
Try locking the doors via the push-tab button adjacent to the door lever, (should lock all the doors) then push the button you described (should unlock all doors).

Good luck.

Steve

ps I've had a few instances where one of my rear door locks does not open. Just a sticky switch, methinks. Will get it looked at at first service.
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
dan76n

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion65
Dan,
that button only unlocks the doors.
Try locking the doors via the push-tab button adjacent to the door lever, (should lock all the doors) then push the button you described (should unlock all doors).
Yeah tried that but it doesn't unlock.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
nevetsg

Dan76n, *off topic* Did you end up getting Petrol or Diesel version?
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
dan76n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg
Dan76n, *off topic* Did you end up getting Petrol or Diesel version?
We went the Diesel. We filled up the tank last night and were delighted to see the distance to empty was 1049km. We could drive to Sydney on that without a stop;-)

I called ford to look int the extended warranty option as it ran out of warranty 2 days ago so hopefully we can look into getting that for price of mind.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
wusyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan76n
Yeah tried that but it doesn't unlock.
The unlock button only works if the doors are locked with car power turned on. It will still unlock if the car power is turned off. Silly logic.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
dan76n

Quote:
Originally Posted by wusyc
The unlock button only works if the doors are locked with car power turned on. It will still unlock if the car power is turned off. Silly logic.
Thanks,
I just dropped the wife off on at work so I can play with her car today and worked out it only works while the car is running and with the doors locked.
Seems a pointless button unless it has some other uses?
Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
whitelion65
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah,
just to let people into the car if you have the doors locked.
whitelion65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
dan76n

Ok it also works if you have the car off and set so when you open the drivers door all other doors stay locked. That way when you press it the other doors will unlock.