Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #61
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW Gov Report: 30kph 24/7 school zones

Some members need to realise that speed limits are designed around the accelaration and stopping distances of slower moving traffic, such as buses and trucks and not things like F6's, S/C GT's and HSV's.

I live right next to a primary school (the one my daughter attends), and find the biggest problem is the parents who won't park 300 metres down the road, part rather must block the road trying to get into the pick up drop off bay. The dangers I see daily are shocking. Aside from from blocking the road, it creates so many blind spots that a child running out from between 2 cars would not be seen.

My street is u shaped cul-de-sac that has an alley way to the schools back fence. Some parents have found our side street and now clogg it up by parking illegally in it. I can only just get through with my ute. An Ambulance or Fire truck would not be able to get past. I have made numerous complaints to the Police and local council and neither wants to do anything about the situation.

Just to give an example of what sometimes happens in my street.

I called to Police about this. They said that they would be there in about 30 minutes. I asked, "what if one of the cars move?" There response was they couldn't do anything about it. I told them I had a photo of the cars, with license plates. They said, there is no evidence. Wonder if that will work with my latest revenue camera fine.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Apologies if above post is offtopic, but this is what happens when school gates are moved into side streets.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #63
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

Whether or not the policy come in, personally i'm just sick to death of all the garbage policy idea's libs& labs come up with at a state & national level. Bipartisanship & compromise is dead in Australia while the right are running both parties in NSW/Oz. O'Farrell was testing the waters to see public reaction in NSW to the proposed 24/7 30kph school zones. Anyway whats next mandatory skinfold tests - over the limit and you have to by law join a weight loss mob or pay more 4 ya macca's?

cheers Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #64
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Apologies if above post is offtopic, but this is what happens when school gates are moved into side streets.
That parking effort is a frikken joke...... are they so stupid to not see that??

Actually... I retract the last 4 words from that question....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #65
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04redxr8
Some members need to realise that speed limits are designed around the accelaration and stopping distances of slower moving traffic, such as buses and trucks and not things like F6's, S/C GT's and HSV's.

I live right next to a primary school (the one my daughter attends), and find the biggest problem is the parents who won't park 300 metres down the road, part rather must block the road trying to get into the pick up drop off bay. The dangers I see daily are shocking. Aside from from blocking the road, it creates so many blind spots that a child running out from between 2 cars would not be seen.

My street is u shaped cul-de-sac that has an alley way to the schools back fence. Some parents have found our side street and now clogg it up by parking illegally in it. I can only just get through with my ute. An Ambulance or Fire truck would not be able to get past. I have made numerous complaints to the Police and local council and neither wants to do anything about the situation.

Just to give an example of what sometimes happens in my street.

I called to Police about this. They said that they would be there in about 30 minutes. I asked, "what if one of the cars move?" There response was they couldn't do anything about it. I told them I had a photo of the cars, with license plates. They said, there is no evidence. Wonder if that will work with my latest revenue camera fine.
I would be putting a big tandem trailer behind my 4x4 and tearing down the street. You should be able to make your point with their damaged vehicles.
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
GTP owner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #66
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

If this happens. Imagine the time it will take to drive past the Kings school... Already takes about 10mins to drive past when it's 40 and no traffic in front of me.

Must protect the rich children even though I have never seen any of them out the front of the school ever.