Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-01-2005, 01:50 AM   #1
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Default People who don't look

Today i was leaving a shopping center car park, on the way out i had to sit and wait for this goose to get his 4WD into the parking spot he pick it took him a few goose to get it right.
While waiting a car beside me started reversing, my gf was in the passenger seat yelling at her to stop but no she kept coming and backed right into the left door of the Fairlane with her jap crap car. I wasn't happy when i relised she had hit the door, being a hot day i wasn't in a great mood so i got and cursing like mad. Then i look up only to see a asian female saying "sorry i didn't see you" (and no i'm not having a go at female drivers but it didn't help the situation ) to which my responce was "DON'T U HAVE EYES THATS WHAT THERE FOR". To my supprise and looking at both cars there wasn't any damage at all. I told her she was so lucky that she could of been up for a small fortune.
I just whish some people would look b4 they do anything
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 02:10 AM   #2
InitialD
Low and Loud

Hey I had someone the other day do something like that....

Im approtching a roundabout and im in the outer lane (its a 3 lane rd). This woman in a jap crap car was in the centre lane, looks at me and start merging into my lane WHILE IM THERE! breaks my drivers side mirror, and then realises and does an emergancy brake. Luckly didnt damage by car but i was most ****ed off. Lately there has been soo many "nuff nuff's" on the road not looking at what they are doing. Well this one was but obviously was stupid

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
fordchick
To the Mess Mobile!

I have a personal vendetta against old people driving, gawd knows how many times when of those old coots almost crashed into me because of not looking, or knowing road rules!! I am so glad my grandpas sight has gone a pear shaped cause he was damn scary on the roads, especially round abouts!!!
My last really close call during indy, when this stupid chick in a volvo started merging into my lane... except i was there! luckily i had a contemplated merging into the left lane only moments before so i knew no one was there and could swerve over. Not impressed!

"Sparkes has a purple knob!"

Sparkles, the stuffed toys in my car add kilowatts i swear!! :

http://www.myspace.com/zomg
fordchick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordchick
My last really close call during indy, when this stupid chick in a volvo started merging into my lane... except i was there! luckily i had a contemplated merging into the left lane only moments before so i knew no one was there and could swerve over. Not impressed!
I've had a similar situation except I was on the M5 motorway at night. Cruising in the left lane, and a Camry driver decides to do a lane change into me, nope, didn't even check to the left, nor notice the lit bit of road ahead and to the left from my headlights. It was too close to brake and avoid, so I got stooged into taking an earlier exit than planned (just so happened the offramp was there).
Old 27-01-2005, 11:06 AM   #5
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cringe when I remember a few years ago. Our town has very high growth and a high proportion of elderly (handshake haven they call us), we also have heaps of roundabouts and they never had marked lanes in them so when there was two lanes EVERY old fart, and I mean every, just drove straight ahead through them. Didn't matter if you were on their left or right if you were beside one you finished up on the gutter or roundabout. I saw sooo many happen it wasn't funny. It was one of the first things you warned newcommers of if they didnt know already and I'm not joking it was just shocking. Now they have marked lanes in most of the roundabouts and there is a marked improvement. We all have at least one story about being run off the roundabout but in this town you have about ten stories each no joke. These days you can tell the old fart easily because they will be the one with more than half their car straddling the bicycle lane so they can see the way to the shops and back :
Old 27-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
AdzT3-146
own the road

On Tuesday i went up to vermont south dan murphys and nearly had 3 accidents in the space of a minute in the car park.
first off i'm reversing out of the parking spot and a man waits for me to come out, some female comes screaming past him and nearly runs up my ***.
Then this guy in a camry doesn't look to his left when he's making a right turn and i nearly hit him.
Then this woman in a new looking HSV nearly reverses her car into mine!

I was lucky i got home unscathed.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 11:56 AM   #7
neb
hibernating

i came up to one of those "turn left at any time" things at traffic lights and i had to stop because cars were coming. the guy behind me was looking at the traffic and decided there was enough time to squeeze in the gap of traffic. but i was still sitting there so he drove into the back of me. luckily it wasn't too hard and just scratched the bumper.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #8
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Turning off one of the main streets on my street, which is a right turn, so some P plater chick in her fathers SLK decides to overtake me on the right. That was close.
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #9
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

crikey!, and i thought my area was bad.

we have people (especially maintanence workers) driving up the wrong way on one way streets. people trying to do a u-turn when theres someone coming out of the side street. no-one gives way or indicates, and half the population (mostly asians) dont look when theyre pulling off from the side of the road.

in the stretch of about 1.5km i was cut off by 3 people not looking while coming out from the side of the road, which resulted in some severe braking and lane changing, then they have the balls to chase you and abuse you for reckless driving!!!!! :o

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
Leah
www.madel.com.au

GOD I HATE PEOPLE WHO DONT LOOK TOO!!!! It happened to me on Wednesday driving on the freeway coming home from Geelong. There was some supra cruise happening with about 6-7 of them driving in a group along the freeway.

It was all good and well for about 40 minutes, then it happened. I was in the far right hand lane, behind a four wheel drive, some other car in the middle lane and this ****er in his supra in the far left hand lane.

He decides he's gonna change lane and indicates and goes into the middle lane. I look across, yep thats cool.... but nooooo.... the ****er decides he wants to take my spot, and with indicator still going, (at this point he hasnt once looked over at me) just pulls right into my lane.

I was on the horn as soon as i started to notice what he was doing, and screaming at him, in the meantime swerving at 100km/ph whilst tyres are going, bitumin, gravel, grass, etc etc.....

I was so ****ed off, even with me on the horn, he didnt even look over. I MISSED HIS CAR BY ABOUT 2cm! and the barrier on the road by about 2cm aswell. Once he realised what he'd done he sped off.

I was so angry, and just grateful that there was enough room for me to swerve out of the way or i know he wouldve cleaned up me, himself and anyone sitting around us.

GRRRR!!! i often wonder how some people get their license! :tool: :jab:
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2005, 10:35 PM   #11
myxr6
Banned

I was cut off by a guy running a stop sign and then abused for being in his way , also there is a caltex down the road from me where no one looks and just drives out of the driveway,nearly hit everytime I drive past there , having shop entry and exit next
to it doesn't help either , people cant read no entry signs.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 05:51 AM   #12
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I hit a guy once (years ago) reversing out of a carpark. I didn't see him at all. He just popped up out of nowhere but I didn't hit him hard, just tapped him. He actually apologised to me because he just ran out behind the car (he was a jogger) without looking.

And about 2 months ago I got hit. I was at Shell in Werribee and as I walked out of the sliding door the guy took off and went into my knee. It hurt! Poor guy was in shock. He had a frozen look on his face. I was very calm lol. I go "relax, I'm still breathin" but lol I don't think I'll ever forget the look on his face.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #13
irsa76
Snoopping

Kings Avenue rondabout, Canberra, I seem to always come across some clown turning right from the left hand lane, after indicating left in one case, while I'm going straight in the right lane. Also had 2 different people decide to change lanes when beside me in an hour, not bad when most of my van is beyond their head! Then there is the "Oh I didn't see the loading zone sign" when you ask them to move because you have to make a delivery.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 04:40 PM   #14
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Stationwagon
Kings Avenue rondabout, Canberra, I seem to always come across some clown turning right from the left hand lane, after indicating left in one case, while I'm going straight in the right lane. Also had 2 different people decide to change lanes when beside me in an hour, not bad when most of my van is beyond their head! Then there is the "Oh I didn't see the loading zone sign" when you ask them to move because you have to make a delivery.
Grrr I hope you don't drive a DHL Transit!

Driving over the Commonwealth Avenue Bridge, one moved into my lane...he looked and all, but couriers seem to always cut people off. They do it to me all the time, ****es me off.
Old 28-01-2005, 04:51 PM   #15
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Almost had a head-on with some moron in a miata on the way home from work last night. I live in the mountains and a lot of fools decide it's ok to drive in the middle of the road around bends. A lot of the time you can't see around said bends, this being one me going around in my lane and then there's a miata in the middle of the road. Should have just hit the **** my insurance is already too high anyway make no diff now.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #16
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

My mum went out to dinner with some of the girls from her work wednesday week ago. As she was pulling in off the highway into the carpark [can't remember which restaurant... Doncaster Club, methinks], where she has right-of-way, this little old asian woman pulls out of the carpark towards the highway and straight into the side of my mums car. Straight past the give way sign, over the white lines, into the rear, drivers side door.

My mum's got a '94 [sounds about right] Shitsubishi SE Magna wagon, which isn't a great car by any means however it was as straight as a dice, never given her any dramas, and now has a big gold streak up the side of her car and the rear door is pushed in and won't open. All because of some little old asian duck who couldn't see over the steering wheel, didn't know the rule, and got out of her shitty '70s Toyota Corolla to reveal... wait for it... SHE COULDN'T EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH!

She wasn't insured either, I giggled at that. That'll learn her. Maybe now she'll make the effort to learn what she's meant to be doing as a driver.

If you're not going to stop when you're meant to, atleast take a freaking look around!
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2005, 08:01 PM   #17
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are an abundance of idiotic drivers out there who should have their licences torn up, the remains shredded, burned and ****ed upon. I was driving down a 3 lane street ( ^^|V ) i was in the inside lane, and this car in front of me pulls into the outside lane, indicates to do a left turn into a driveway, so i slow down a bit and keep driving, lo and behold the ****ing ****er suddenly, with out indication or warning does a RIGHT turn across my lane and the oncomming traffics lane !!! if i hadnt just got my anchors fixed i would have been royaly ****ed !
Damn stupid moron drivers. :
Old 29-01-2005, 03:53 AM   #18
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was driving citybound on Princes Hwy in Noble Park (VIC) at 80 in the right lane approaching a traffic light when suddenly this B double semi that wanted to turn out just pulls out across all 3 lanes in front of me and other cars. I admit it would be hard to get one of those buggers into traffic and that they do tend to pull out in front of traffic, but I had to brake firmly to avoid a collision. He still does have to give way to me. Usually they leave a bigger gap when they pull out and hold up all the traffic.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #19
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

semi driver's are bad BUT taxi driver's are worse!!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #20
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woz
She wasn't insured either
The roads would be a much safer place if there was compulsory insurance.

Most of the idiots who cause these crashes can't afford it, and would then not be allowed to drive.

Like the clown with one eye that cleaned up my ute.
One month later and I still haven't received any money from this fruitcake.

Sounds like a job for the Fordforums.com.au Lynch Mob.

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #21
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Not really a story of 'not looking', but rather the opposite.
My father was an interstate truckie before he got married, and regularly drove Sydney to Adelaide.
Christmas Eve one year he was on his way home to Sydney and saw an old man on a pushbike looking rather unstable riding down the side of the road.
He changed lanes to put 2 lanes between him and the bike and accelerated to get past him as quickly as possible.
Unfortunantly the old man on the bike hit a rut in the road, lost control of the bike and was thrown across the road.
Right under the the back wheels of the tri-axle trailer.
My father was watching in the mirror, and could do nothing about it.
He pulled over, as did the 3 cars behind him and waited for the police.
(it was obvious the man was beyond help)
The cops knew the man, as he was the town drunk, and had had his bike confiscated numerous times before for riding while he was intoxicated.
The people in the following cars gave statements saying that my father had done everything he could have done to avoid the man, and the police told him that it was just bad luck. If it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #22
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
Not really a story of 'not looking', but rather the opposite.
My father was an interstate truckie before he got married, and regularly drove Sydney to Adelaide.
Christmas Eve one year he was on his way home to Sydney and saw an old man on a pushbike looking rather unstable riding down the side of the road.
He changed lanes to put 2 lanes between him and the bike and accelerated to get past him as quickly as possible.
Unfortunantly the old man on the bike hit a rut in the road, lost control of the bike and was thrown across the road.
Right under the the back wheels of the tri-axle trailer.
My father was watching in the mirror, and could do nothing about it.
He pulled over, as did the 3 cars behind him and waited for the police.
(it was obvious the man was beyond help)
The cops knew the man, as he was the town drunk, and had had his bike confiscated numerous times before for riding while he was intoxicated.
The people in the following cars gave statements saying that my father had done everything he could have done to avoid the man, and the police told him that it was just bad luck. If it hadn't been him, it would have been someone else.
oh my god...if that happened to me there would be no way I could look.
Old 29-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #23
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selekta
oh my god...if that happened to me there would be no way I could look.
Without going into too much detail, apparently you really didn't need to look too closely to know....

He was watching the mirror to make sure that he got past the guy without incident. Unfortunantly that didn't happen.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post