Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #61
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
you don't have to have spent a lot of money or bought cars from a dealer to get good service.

the dealer i go to (wayne phillis reynella for the s.a. members) is a service dept only, and although i had popped in on the odd occasion, i'd never had a car serviced there until my bf2, which i only did because it was under warranty still. they've done that many discounts and freebie's since, i've lost count. waived the $40/day charge on a fg loaner i had for 4 days

Thats quite decent of them, but what I was referring too is a whole different level.
I shall not elaborate as it's dragging away from the topic of dealers service.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #62
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Radio codes

Hi Ive had to go to a dealer to get a code for the AU
I went to Denmac Ford in Darra Brisbane and they couldnt be more helpful
there was no charge and no I didnt buy the car there

another time I got a flat battery and got the code wrong and the system shut down on me they gave me free advice again
Leave the key in the acc position for a couple of hours and it will re set itself and will let you key in the code again

the other time was for an XH ute radio cassete went to the same place and got the same service again no charge
they also told me the Mrs BA doesnt need a code

also I went to Brian Byrt Ford at Mansfield in Brisbane because I couldnt find the engine number on 5 litre Fairlane again information given free of charge

by the way its just above the starter and you have to be standing in a pit to see it
so all in all Ive had no complaints
thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #63
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Thats quite decent of them, but what I was referring too is a whole different level.
I shall not elaborate as it's dragging away from the topic of dealers service.
their service (manner) is very good. very friendly. the fact that they are very helpful and do things at reduced or no cost, almost has me feeling obliged to go back there, even when they may not be the cheapest quote.

i dropped a set of au rotors off to get machined. was quoted $80. when i went to pick them up i was told 'no charge, but the boys like draught'.

if some dealers can bend over this much, then surely a 10sec search of the computer should be no trouble. to say it costs ford money is ludicrous.

the type of person they have manning the phone and front desk is critical.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 10:00 AM   #64
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Derek West is still the DP at Freeway Ford forget the letter or email the service guy will be getting a pat on the back.I personally know a couple of the previous service managers who got reemed long and hard for not making enough money.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 07:52 PM   #65
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Not all people want to rip off others, just most of them.
Find the good one's :
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #66
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450
If Derek West is still the DP at Freeway Ford forget the letter or email the service guy will be getting a pat on the back.I personally know a couple of the previous service managers who got reemed long and hard for not making enough money.
Cheers
GT450
Derek is long gone, selling tyres i believe....................

I cannot recommend site sponsors ASL enough.
I bought an AU premium h/u which was supposed to come with the code but did'nt and i could not supply the original VIN no.
One phone call introducing myself and i had the code after giving them the serial no.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #67
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Been going on for years, most Ford dealers charge it. It ISN'T the dealers fault people lose their radio codes so why shouldn't they charge?
Don't be so lousy, spend the $20.00 and WRITE down the code, gee, some people sure whinge about nothing.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #68
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
Been going on for years, most Ford dealers charge it. It ISN'T the dealers fault people lose their radio codes so why shouldn't they charge?
Don't be so lousy, spend the $20.00 and WRITE down the code, gee, some people sure whinge about nothing.
i think you missed the point. its not so much about 'a' service but 'the' service.

whats the difference between looking up a code and looking up a part no. and getting a quote for you and they are happy to do that free of charge.

you would think after buying multiple cars from them recently they might overlook a small thing like the $20 to look up a code.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #69
Chopped
as in chopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Bottom line, you reap what you sow but strangly enough I know more rich bastards than rich nice guys and more poor nice guys than poor bastards so I suspect there is a lesson in there somewhere........
So the "bastards" win cause they have more money ???!!!! (lol that's shallow)

Lesson - "Don't judge/compare someone's success by the size of their bank account"......at least you can still tell that there is a difference between "nice" and "bastards" though.
-----------------------------

$20 for a pin number is a blatant money grab from a stealership.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #70
Mrian
Starter Motor

Default Re: Radio Code charge!

Late entry to the radio PIN number issue. I just changed my battery in my LR Focus and need a PIN, bought the car second hand - no pin on the dealer delivery slip. Rang Bendigo Ford dealer who told me that I would need to ake the car in on a week day so they could remove the radio and get the serial number and then it would be up to 4 weeks to get the code back Ford - and all for only $120!!!!
Mrian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #71
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Same thing happened to me in my Focus yesterday. No need to remove the radio. They just need the VIN.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #72
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Tell them that the number is not on the radio. The purpose of having a pin is if the radio is removed no one else can use it ....... Hence they DO NOT put the code ON the radio.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #73
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8
I would charge as well (and really $20- isn't a huge amount). .
waiving a $20 fee seems a small price to pay to keep a loyal customer!
Old 28-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #74
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old thread but - i know it is not a FORD but the factory radio on my magna went bye bye - failed to operate
Bought another factory one from the wreckers
The invoice had the VIN on it and then went to the local Mitsu service dept explained the situation and gave him the invoice from the wreckers
30 secs later he came back with the pin code written on the invocie, no charge and then said if I had issues putting it in feel free to call and we can walk you thru the procudure - great service
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #75
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
How often do you do things for free for your boss or customers that cost YOU PERSONALLY?

Do you use your own petrol to drive out of your way to deliver something?
Do you use your own private mobile phone to do business to help out?
Do you buy a biro at the corner store with your own money when the one at work has been lost and there are none in the stationery cupboard just so you can do your job that day? Only 50c.
Do you pick up a tin of coffee or a dunny roll on the way to work if you notice that either is about to run out?

Or would you expect to be paid for any of those things.........
I've driven my own car for work duties a fair bit, as I'd rather drive my own car over our crappy work ute, used it to pick up and drop off workmates on work duties as well.

I've also let workmates take it if they need a car and works ones are all out.

But they didn't like me using my own car and pulled me up on it, so I don't drive anymore unless they urgently need me to.

I got the radio code for mum's WF Festiva from Sunbury Ford, the dealership we bought it from in 1999, even though it had changed hands multiple times, the guy gave it to us free.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:22 AM   #76
tasboy2011
Starter Motor

Unhappy Re: Radio Code help

hi guys i seem to be having the same prob as most with the radio code says err full on , brought a car from a dealer they can't be bothered to get the code for me, asked ford 50 bucks yeah right its only a am/fm tape unit so hunting round the net for ways to find or bypass this grrr

heard you can use last 4 digits of vin ?
model is fct025A2-A
ser 12122757
tasboy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #77
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you see my thread "My FREE car, you will see I just got an AU. Because the battery had been dead for so long the radio was out of action.
I tried to use the last 4 digits of the chassis number but there was a 9 in it so that was that, because the radio buttons only go to 6. Tried a combination of other numbers and got ERR

So I rang a Ford dealer and coincedentally the car had been serviced by them until 2006, told me the code over the phone, put the keys on accessories for about 20 mins until CODE came up, punched in the numbers, sweet as.

The 4 numbers had nothing to do with my chassis number in any way.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #78
ConradP

Crazy that they charge people, when I changed some things around under my bonnet and disconnected the battery all I did was call up where I bought the car and they told me over the phone..
Old 01-03-2012, 11:35 PM   #79
4vdean

Irony is factory radio/stereos don't really need codes, thieves don't target them, they are so integrated into the dash/electronics etc. If they see a big doof doof sub they will grab that.