Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Highway Patrol Fail

Today, Cecil Hills, Sydney, coming off Elizabeth Drive onto Wallgrove road 80k speed limit. A little ute in front of me on 80k pulls suddenly over to other side of the road over double unbroken white lines on a blind curve. I immediately follow him rather than shunt the idiot Highway Patrol cop parked halfway across the single available lane booking someone for whatever. Seriously guys, could he not have pulled the driver over 50 meters further down the road where it would have been much safer to do so?? No wonder the police get hit occasionally, doing cr@p like that!

Old 28-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Highway Patrol Fail

If you think thats bad you should see where some of them stop to use their radar gun/lidar
Old 28-02-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny thing is my brother got abused by a cop for finding a safe place to stop rather than just stopping where he was (just over the blind crest of a bridge...)
Old 28-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am just glad I was not driving a B-double, I could not have avoided hitting him, not enough space to swerve or brake. It was close in my car as it was.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
Miss_XR6

You are allowed to pull over in a safe spot and cops cant get you for it

Although Im sure some will try and get you for not stopping ect
Old 28-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

he should have used his reflective triangle
Old 28-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #7
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

Seen a BF MK111 wagon today in a 1 hour parking zone whilst at the cop shop,over an hour later he is still their revenue raising????
Old 28-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a suggestion as to where he can place his reflective triangle? I probably would have flattened that as I would not have seen it in time.
By the way have any forum members seen any female Highway Patrol officers? Just curious.
I have not. And I did not see any female officers in among the 50 or so officers at the Mount Druit shooting the other day. Looked like someone had stirred up an ants nest
Old 28-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have graham

1st one was quite angry but pretty cool in the circumstances, she was on TV show too, Highway Patrol. (now when she pulled us over though)

2nd one i met was a older lady, she was very nice.

3rd one was like my mother, basically told me to have a good night.
Old 28-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

falconnut, how often do you get pulled over? 3? They must like you!
Old 28-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Civilian car wasn't broken down or abandoned in a dangerous spot was it?
Old 28-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
falconnut, how often do you get pulled over? 3? They must like you!
Just alot of female coppers on the North Coast mate, yeah their pretty nice to be ai, must be my great big bushy red beard
Old 28-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
TMC
SY TS AWD LPG TEZZA

I remember a few years back on the Tonkin Hwy, a cop car (probably from Mirrabooka station) had blocked the entire slow lane in peak hour because a semi had parked on the side of the road. They just stopped the car on a diagonal in the slow lane. Not really an issue as it was a straight road except for the fact that it is loaded with trucks. I was travelling behind a truck that at the last minute swerved into the fast lane leaving me heading straight for this thing. Luckily I got out the way too. The truck that was parked had no dangerous effect on the traffic, but the cop did.

Anyway a few weeks later a cop probably from Mirrabooka again tried it on the fast lane of the Kwinana Fwy and this time a truck cleaned up the cop car and it all caught on fire. From what I recall the police stopped to pick up a tyre in the road!!!!!!!

Stupid behaviour catches you out in the end no matter who you are.
4th car 90 XF ute (work car)
5th car 06 SY TS AWD Territory Orbital LPi
6th car 95 XG ute
7th car 2014 SZ Territory TX Petrol
Fords all my life.
Old 28-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #14
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

If you were thinking, you should have snapped a pic of it with the HWP car number in it & take it to today tonight.. They would have loved it..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 28-02-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BPXR6T, driver of the car was in his car, cop car was parked (on his radio probably doing licence and rego checks) diagonally behind him covering what there was of the shoulder (about 1m) and about 2 meters of the available single lane. I could not even see his lights (red and blues) until I was about 15 meters from him. I had to take my whole car across double unbroken lines to avoid hitting him. How far does it take to stop from 80k on a dry surface? Too far for me!
Old 28-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #16
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sbutler, by the time I got back they probably would have been gone. nearest place to do a legal u-turn is about 3/4 kilometer down the road at a roundabout so 1 1/2 ks to get back there, then I probably would have got booked for using my phone while driving
Old 28-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #17
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Quote:
sbutler, by the time I got back they probably would have been gone. nearest place to do a legal u-turn is about 3/4 kilometer down the road at a roundabout so 1 1/2 ks to get back there, then I probably would have got booked for using my phone while driving
Yeah I was just saying "if you could of" that would have F###ed him. Not having a go at ya..

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 28-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #18
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconnut
If you think thats bad you should see where some of them stop to use their radar gun/lidar
I noticed that these days the like to park on painted median strips that are as wide as their car so they can get traffic in both directions.
Even if it involves doing a u turn across 3 lanes of heavy traffic to stop someone doing 5km/h over.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #19
falconnut
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
I noticed that these days the like to park on painted median strips that are as wide as their car so they can get traffic in both directions.
Even if it involves doing a u turn across 3 lanes of heavy traffic to stop someone doing 5km/h over.
Exactly, at least the bikes dont get in the way but the phat HSV's and FPV's take up ALOT of space on small NSW roads/highways.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Today, Cecil Hills, Sydney, coming off Elizabeth Drive onto Wallgrove road 80k speed limit. A little ute in front of me on 80k pulls suddenly over to other side of the road over double unbroken white lines on a blind curve. I immediately follow him rather than shunt the idiot Highway Patrol cop parked halfway across the single available lane booking someone for whatever. Seriously guys, could he not have pulled the driver over 50 meters further down the road where it would have been much safer to do so?? No wonder the police get hit occasionally, doing cr@p like that!

He was lucky not to be collected ... cos the speed some of the dog and tippers pound through there is amazing. I know the section you talk about to .... I always come through there ... just up from there ... head west ... the amount of people that just stop to turn into side streets without indicators ... i have seen a few pileups along there due to it.
Old 28-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sbutler, I didn't think you were having a go at me. I would have been rapt in getting a few kodaks of him and where he was parked. Mechan1k, you are spot on. And have you noticed the locals cruising along that section of road at 50k? Traffic controllers
Closed Thread