Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-02-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Default WB Festiva - keys locked in it...

This goose has locked keys in it.

Any tips?

Cost of mobile locksmith too break into it ... Melb metro.

Not in RACV as in between houses I missed renewal and they want $180 to join plus annual subs...

Cheers

matt

vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

Default Re: WB Festiva - keys locked in it...

yes son, Im the best mono-thingy guy there ever was
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Ok. Get a really thick wire hanger. Straighten it out. Put a loop at 1 end large enough to go over window winder. Lube gap between door and body with dishwashing liquid. Work the wire down and loop it around the winder. You can unwind the window by moving the wire back and forth.

Took all of 20min. Trust me it works. You must use a thick hanger or it will bend when you try to wind. (the one I used was plastic coated which helped)
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
vbvbvb088
vbvbvb088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Ok. Get a really thick wire hanger. Straighten it out. Put a loop at 1 end large enough to go over window winder. Lube gap between door and body with dishwashing liquid. Work the wire down and loop it around the winder. You can unwind the window by moving the wire back and forth.

Took all of 20min. Trust me it works. You must use a thick hanger or it will bend when you try to wind. (the one I used was plastic coated which helped)
Thanks for your response - i tried but not really getting anywhere... so I had a thought. Place hook ended coat hanger in door frame around drivers lock and hope like hell that by pushing it up and down I would randomly pull up door lock rod,,,, teedah!

Thanks once again....

My 5.0 VT Calais died and non economic to fix a 15yo car....so my Festiva (had a week) is a run around until I buy newer. Way different to drive but as long as keep in right gear can punt along ok. Would struggle with four people however!

Thanks

matt
vbvbvb088 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Can always do what my mate did. Called NRMA (RACV) and they quoted $120 to unlock it. Called O'Brien and asked how much for a rear quarter window and was quoted $70. He booked in with O'Brien.

On topic though, the old metal ruler used to work as well on some of the older cars. Put in the drivers side area and slide it towards the B pillar. That pops some cars.

Last edited by kypez; 03-02-2012 at 05:44 PM.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post