Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #31
sudszy
Banned

Default Re: limited car registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Does there need to be a connection?

Well, that's what Im questioning. I got rid of one of my "classics" here in vic because I simply couldnt justify spending the $500+ a year rego on it to only drive it once a month or so.

There was no value in belonging to a car club if all that did was allow it to be driven to their meetings which I had no interest in doing, nor was I interested in some self appointed nuffnut telling me that the carpet pile twisted the wrong way and it had been altered from original etc.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #32
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Well, that's what Im questioning. I got rid of one of my "classics" here in vic because I simply couldnt justify spending the $500+ a year rego on it to only drive it once a month or so.

There was no value in belonging to a car club if all that did was allow it to be driven to their meetings which I had no interest in doing, nor was I interested in some self appointed nuffnut telling me that the carpet pile twisted the wrong way and it had been altered from original etc.
You are in the wrong car club my friend and as of February this year the rules changed regarding Club Rego, you really do need to keep up, I now remember why I had you on my blocked list.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #33
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

nor was I interested in some self appointed nuffnut telling me that the carpet pile twisted the wrong way and it had been altered from original etc.
Gold!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #34
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am a member of the Benalla Auto Club, the owners of Winton Raceway and Wakefield Park Raceway, to join costs $120 per year and for that you get free entry into all the Winton and Wakefield Park events, including the V8's.

You do NOT have to attend in meetings, you NOT have to attend any fund raisers, you do NOT have to attend any working bee, AGM's, etc.

To get the Club Rego as a member, for the first year you need to get your car road-worthied, then book in with the Club Secretary who will do a cursory look at the car, essentially they will be looking to sensure the numbers on the car match the roadworthy certificate, for all subesquent years they just want to see the car to ensure no modifications have been made to alter the safety of the car. Pretty bloody simple really.

As already stated, in Victoria the Club Rego rules changed in February this year, you can drive the car anywhere you like at any time you like, you do not have be been involved in 'club sanctioned events' anymore you just need to fill in the log book, if you don't then the car is deemed to be unregistered and the appropriate penalities apply.

I have driven mine to work, to a couple of car shows.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #35
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Seems some of the other states have got a good deal in regards to having a few older cars in the garage.

Has NSW rules changed as well?? Haven't owned an older car for several years and would love to get one back in the garage once I get a house again.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #36
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Well hence why they probably give leeway with club registered vehicles so you can drive it around a little without it being an official "club" event.

Also in QLD (if it hasnt changed since last i looked), you can use the car as a wedding car for immediate family, drive to and from your mechanic as well as the 5 or 10km radius....
Was also told that you can now use personalised number plates instead of the black and white "S" series plates which stuck out like a sore thumb to police

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #37
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

Was also told that you can now use personalised number plates instead of the black and white "S" series plates which stuck out like a sore thumb to police
In QLD this is true
In two minds re club rego ATM
Some say the cost is "X" amount, some say its "Y" amount

Not really interested in joining a club per say
Cant guarantee that meets will be done or events will be attended
(If thats a requirement for club rego)

But at 1,000 bucks for V8 full rego,im looking into something
Or maybe full rego full freedom is the go ???
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #38
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The rego for V8s in QLD went up again, Its now OVER $1000 (as opposed to $180 approx on QLD club rego).... but I still want to plan an interstate trip in it, so im stuck on full rego till then.

I think depending on the club you only have to attend a certain amount of meetings or events. If a club expects you to be there 100% of the times its pretty unrealistic. Plus if the club is flexable maybe able to make your own "official" club cruise with just one other member..

Remember too that if a carshow/ cruise to another town is an offical "meet" (even if 500km away) then you can drive there too.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #39
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

I believe the VIC system was modelled on the S.A system, to allow the freedom to use your car "more" reguarly.

The club I'm with, they specify that in the first year of membership, you must attend 3 club funcions to keep your membership. These "functions" are either 3 meetings, 3 club runs, or a combination of both. Once you've done this in the first year, you can forget about attending these "functions" to keep your membership. Just cough up your dough and see ya later.

I'm sure other clubs have different rules, so it's a case of doing your homework before joining up.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by Auslandau; 06-08-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Watch the name calling ...........
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post