Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
steve.zissou
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default unmarked Mercedes van Windsor rd NSW

Just a heads up that I saw a unmarked Mercedes van (white vitto) pull over some guy (possibly a riced Honda) this morning on Windsor rd rouse hill.

absolutely no markings just the throw on roof bubble light. Dont think he was out there looking for people but something must have got his attention.

just remember to think twice.

- also saw a green F6310 and a Red SS along with a white marked HWP all having breakfast at McGraths hills maca's. - probably going to blitz school zones in the area - drive safe

steve.zissou is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 
Default Re: unmarked Mercedes van Windsor rd NSW

Yeah, that's commonly there... Seen it the past week or so pulling people over when i've been going through...
Old 19-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A white vitto van as a law enforcement car?! I sure have never seen anything like that in Vic D:

I saw a really weird gun metal grey VW Multivan parked on Western Port HWY not long ago. I thought it might have been a speed camera, because it had this weird camera thing on a stand facing on-coming traffic, but it was placed about 75m out of a roundabout so I wasn't too sure.

One day we're going to be pulled over by Nissan Micra's, you could imagine peoples reaction seeing a 10 second muscle car getting chased by a Micra
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 11:20 AM   #4
LXL15

Yeah I've seen those vans too, usually just before a booze bus setup. Looks like they might be scanning number plates or something, just going on the height of the camera. And the fact that (most) people don't speed througha whole bunch of cop cars.
LXL15 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

NSW Police use a number of different vehicles ... some that you wouldn't even think of either.

I know of Hiace vans decked out as a line tech vehicles ... also new Mondeo Zetecs that are used (nothing on them gives it away either ... all devices are well hidden). They are getting cheekier
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

btw, they're using the new TD Volkswagens around the M5/M7/F3/M2 and Pennant Hills Rd....

Typical, haha...
Old 19-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ZXCTIVE that's a number plate recognition camera and the police are usually somewhere further down the road to pick up non registered vehicles, non licenced drivers , fine non payers etc. If it makes the road safer for us all i am all for it.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
NSW Police use a number of different vehicles ... some that you wouldn't even think of either.

So true, I saw a unmarked V8 Landcruiser pulled up someone one Windsor Road at Castle Hill a few months back, I was a bit WTF at the time...
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

McGrahs hill area, they're always there weekends and late Friday, Saturday night..

Watch out for the trifecta... Pulled in for DUI, EPA pn hand for mods and emissions, but a highway was parked back doing speed as well.
They do good business.

PS - Watch yourselves on M2. Following complaints of speeding from M2 management, road workers and expecially Altus, Eastwood Highway has being told to reign it in.....

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have been pulled over by 2 different police car's. One was an Holden Astra and the other was a BF XL white ute, both of these car's were unmarked. All in the western subs of Melbourne. Also on Melbourne's Highway Patrol T.V show there is a unmarked VE SS ute that the Highway Patrol use.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #11
vibe_xr6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisled
I have been pulled over by 2 different police car's. One was an Holden Astra and the other was a BF XL white ute, both of these car's were unmarked. All in the western subs of Melbourne. Also on Melbourne's Highway Patrol T.V show there is a unmarked VE SS ute that the Highway Patrol use.
Also a VE SS ute and wagon
Old 19-07-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
DrSnooper

Last Saturday afternoon was 4 motorcycle police doing the M7 around the blacktown secton.

Previously owned:
2008 FG GT Lightning Strike - No 149;
2012 FG GT MK2 Rspec Auto Vixen - No 46 of 350;
1974 XB GS Burnt Orange.

Vice President - NSW Falcon GT Owners Club;

Combined Ford Clubs Delegate for NSW Falcon GT Owners Club;
GT Nationals Delegate for NSW GT Falcon Owners Club.
GT Nationals Judge - Modern Era.
DrSnooper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #13
turbo_man

i noticed they've also got a few unmarked foresters running around around country nsw, pretty hard to spot too
turbo_man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

They have been hiding in some of the roadwork section on the M2 during the nighttime ...as Bluehoon mentioned ... it'll be due to the people not slowing down for the permanent road work sections.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxctive
One day we're going to be pulled over by Nissan Micra's, you could imagine peoples reaction seeing a 10 second muscle car getting chased by a Micra
Not exactly a Micra, but here in Perth, seen a HSV Commodore chased and pulled over by a Police Astra!!! How embarrasing would that be??
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #16
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSnooper
Last Saturday afternoon was 4 motorcycle police doing the M7 around the blacktown secton.
yeah saw them
Old 19-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #17
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Thankfully the WA crew are too poor to have so many types of vehicles out there. For the most, we've got Falcons, Commos, Terrys and a handful of Subi rex things.

There are others out there, but most of them are office and/or surveillance cars.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #18
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Thankfully the WA crew are too poor to have so many types of vehicles out there. For the most, we've got Falcons, Commos, Terrys and a handful of Subi rex things.

There are others out there, but most of them are office and/or surveillance cars.
There is some new toys being "evaluated" at the moment. Just have to look around Midland and around East Perth.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 02:00 AM   #19
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Soon we'll be getting chased by white Transits with funny wheels on them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAWrswE3Yo

imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 02:03 AM   #20
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think the rego plate detection must be right because after the van (I should've added) there was a STUFF load of marked cop cars (About 6) then around 5 Unmarked Aurions (Not sure if police?) and a big booze setup with lots of traffic cones.

Upon driving the opposite direction later that day, I saw them with a heap of cars and looked to be inspecting them etc, so I'm glad I went through there at the SETUP of it all, otherwise I probably would've been real late for uni D:

A police Astra would be funny, I saw ES lancer cop cars in QLD when I was on holiday there, I thought that was quite funny :P
Old 20-07-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
kpcart
Banned

its not really that strange seeing different cars being used by police. in heaps of other countries they use tiny cars for police cars (just watch sbs movies). most people here are just so used to seeing falcons and commodores. in WA, that is about all we have for taxis, and when i went to Adelaide, i was surprised to be picked up by a magna taxi. now there are even prius taxis around.
kpcart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #22
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

I personally would be thinking twice before pulling over for an XL ute or Vito..maybe even head for the nearest cop station. I just plain and simple dont trust the people out there.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #23
last fairlane
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cool Re: unmarked Mercedes van Windsor rd NSW

I wrote about a month or so back
that I saw a Hyundai I Load pulling up a car
the I load had red/blue lights in the front and back windows
dont worry about small cop cars back in the sixties
there were Mini Cooper cop cars Studebakers Valiants
as well as your Falcons and Holdens and dont forget the F100s
thanks John
last fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #24
matttyley
Pickle!

I always feel spooked when travelling to VIC or NSW with my car, not only am I unfamiliar with the roads, I have to be extra careful about speed cameras and who may or may not be cops. Oh and then the high occupancy lanes, bus lanes etc. Oh my!

Good old sleepy Adelaide... :P
2009 FG XR6 Luxury Pack in Ego: FTG CAI, Bigmouth Air Dam, Removed Restrictor, Catback Exhaust, Dynamat Xtreme Throughout, Clarion 6.5" Splits + 3 Ways, Kicker 8" Free Air Sub, Crystal Vision Lights, White Interior LEDs.

http://techpickle.com.au/images/pickle-mobile.jpg
matttyley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 08:22 PM   #25
Dave3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxctive
I think the rego plate detection must be right because after the van (I should've added) there was a STUFF load of marked cop cars (About 6) then around 5 Unmarked Aurions (Not sure if police?) and a big booze setup with lots of traffic cones.

Upon driving the opposite direction later that day, I saw them with a heap of cars and looked to be inspecting them etc, so I'm glad I went through there at the SETUP of it all, otherwise I probably would've been real late for uni D:

A police Astra would be funny, I saw ES lancer cop cars in QLD when I was on holiday there, I thought that was quite funny :P
The aurions are Sheriff's..... Vicpol do joint ANPR operations with them all the time. The "booze bus" is most likely not a booze bus, but the mobile facility that the Sherrif & DOJ use.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2011, 10:22 PM   #26
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh interesting, I thought it might have been some sort Sheriff or state enforcement, thanks for clearing that up!
Old 20-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #27
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

I can't see what the problem is - if you don't speed you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Cheers,
sludgy