The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #31
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Default Re: Hopefully we see this in the Falcon/Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
I was taken in the wrong context, what I mean is that Ford should be vigilant with their standards because ultimately it reflects on their product as a whole. If a headunit fails on a new car, customers don't blame the OEM, they blame Ford and this is the most important reason Ford should step up a gear in their dealings with suppliers.
Yep, spot on.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #32
4.0i OHC
Computer Torque Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
If it does end up in the Falcon, I hope Ford decides to make it optional, unlike Holden.

The touch screen system on my mother's Passat (made by the same company as the Holden touch screen IIRC) is slow, unresponsive, difficult to use while driving, and the sound quality is deplorable. Hearing these reports of software glitches don't exactly fill me with confidence regarding Ford's product. I consider myself a tech-head, but I'd rather go without.

Concentrate on improving the sound quality first. A good quality DIN system is more important than any flashy touch screen, at least in my view.

Oh, and by the way, Ford really need's to fix the Falcon's air conditioning and rear seat in FG2! That cannot be said enough. Both aspects were great in the BFII.
4.0i OHC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #33
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
general complaints about a steep learning curve
having tried to teach people how to use a VCR and Mobile Phones, i imagine a lot of people will have trouble with this kind of technology (ie not simple). they baulk if they have to press a button more than once.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Ford spec the parts, not the suppliers.

In any event, I wonder if Ford Australia feel vindicated now after being criticised by the Yanks for not taking up their system for the SZ Territory (which has had bugs) when we now find out that Sync etc is having wider issues.
Fords official response is that the hardware is not capable of handling when to many applications are open at the same time (I guess they thought people would be concentrating on the road more then playing with the system).
Old 23-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/06/22/f...o-more-models/

Quote:
Report: Ford talks Sync tweaks, adding airbag seatbelts to more models

by Zach Bowman (RSS feed) on Jun 22nd 2011 at 10:01AM

Ford says that it's in the process of responding to customers who feel that the company's Sync and MyFord Touch systems are cumbersome or difficult to use. According to the Detroit Free Press, the company's internal quality evaluations have discovered a few issues. While speaking to reporters, Mark Fields, Ford's President of the Americas, said that the automaker is committed to improving the connectivity options in its vehicles, adding that by and large, customers enjoy the features. So far, it's unclear exactly what changes Ford will make to Sync and MyFord Touch/My Lincoln Touch moving forward, but we'd wager that software engineers will focus on further improving the software's voice-recognition system, though many Autoblog staffers hope they also reevaluate MyFord Touch's control scheme.

Fields also made it clear that the Blue Oval plans to expand its Sync AppLink service to the 2012 Fusion, F-Series, Expedition and even the Mustang. Currently, the $395 option is only available on the Fiesta, and it allows buyers to download various smartphone applications straight to their vehicle.

Finally, the Dearborn-based automaker said that we can also expect to see more seatbelts with integrated airbags crop up across is Ford and Lincoln lines. Right now, the safety device is only an option on the 2011 Ford Explorer.
[Source: Detroit Free Press]