Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
eviledward
Starter Motor

Default iPhone Connectivity Problems

Hey guys,

I just got my Zetec 1.6 Auto the other day. I connected my Iphone 4G via the USB port and it charged it. However, when I started playing the music. Nothing came out.

I went to my dealer and asked what the problem was. He claims that I need to use a special Ford connectivity cable that connects to both the AUX and the USB port. Apparently, the USB port is only for charging the Iphone and displaying what songs are playing.

I asked him, what about USB thumb drives?

He said that music can play out of it, no problem.

I just find it strange that the USB port cannot both charge and play my music on the iPhone. My old ICE could do it, why can't this new Fiesta?

Is my dealer bull shitting me or is this the real deal?

Thanks for reading guys.

eviledward is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
ellwa

Default Re: iPhone Connectivity Problems

you either need the special ford 'y-split' cable, or you must run a 3.5mm jack to jack lead, from the headphone port on your iphone to the 3.5mm jack aux input.

thats life.
ellwa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its fords way of making you buy their expensive cable i guess... but yep it wont work properly without both inputs
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
daz82
In the family since 1996

Not just ford, many other brands do the same thing including Holden and Hyundai.

You can buy the cables cheap online or just use your apple connector and a 3.5mm cable. whats the big deal? the cable in the Falcons and now territory's is the same except it is supplied.
daz82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post