Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #61
rodderz

I found the car taxi drivers are both cheaper and nicer than the tuk tuk drivers, cooler with the a/c too.

See the story in todays news about the didgy jetski operators hiring them out then falsely charging them for damage they didnt do and threats of voilence if they didnt. Thats been going on for years in some areas. Go to the main areas and suss it out properly and they are fine.
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #62
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice write up.

The place can become a little addictive. I've been going on an off to Patong Beach since the early 80's. Plenty of change over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyro_02
One thing I did not do, that I wanted to do, was to travel to central shopping centre, I'm not sure what the fuss is about it, but that's on the agenda next time I go; Oh, and going to the budha on the hill.
Your not missing much. It's a shopping centre full of retail shops, some food places and a cinema. It's nice to go for a change of pace in airconditioned comfort.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #63
AU101

Hey kyro, thinking of heading over at April, you don't need a visa if your a tourist and traveling less than 30 days yeah?
AU101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #64
AU101

Kyro?
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #65
henry351

You dont need a visa if you are staying under 30 days.
If you are going mid april you will be heading into songkran the thai new year water festival make sure you have any electronics in waterproof bags as theres a good chance you will get soaked.
Cheers Dave.
henry351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 PM   #66
AU101

Im going after the songkran festival, would be pretty cool though
Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #67
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

yeah no visa unless you're staying over a month, and in that case, you can cross the boarder and get your passport stamped and return

looking at going back over in june or july with a mate

Last edited by kyro_02; 03-02-2011 at 04:57 AM.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #68
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I made a booking back in December. Booked early as we are going during school holidays and they were offering early bird specials.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #69
AU101

Default Re: thailand for 2 weeks 3 days, what to do

Im off with the g/f at easter!!! Can't wait!

What's the best way to handle the money situation, Use the atm's over there or bring Aus dollars over and exchange it there? Where exactly are the exchanges over there, the airport or in town?

Also how much baht is a cab ride from the airport to patong roughly?