Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 23-01-2005, 03:50 PM   #1
spope
Banned

Default The "new" JRs

Went down to Jolly's U-Pull-It yesterday, first time since the reno. I was quite impressed. Very nice looking inside office area, cabinets and stuff. The $1 entry fee is pretty standard now.
The yard is still a mess, but no real suprises. I counted only five cameras though... 3 in the car park, 1 in the office and only 1 in the yard? Maybe I missed some. Wasn't planning on "borrowing" anything anyway.
Scored an almost new radiator out of a camry for $60, about 1/5 the price of a new one, so was happy about that.
But most interesting was they had 2 sets of EL thermos there, $120 each. They looked genuine. I'm gonna go down next week and grab one set, my budget was stretched yesterday. Also gonna get the EL cam and rocker gear that I saw... assuming it's still in the car.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 03:59 PM   #2
toby123
Boosted TQE FTW

entry fee to a wrecker? thats a bit rough aint it?????
toby123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
EFFalcon
Last warning

most self serve wreckers in vic now charge u to get in (atleast the big anyones anyway)
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

So they can atleast make some money off you, regarless of whether or not you buy some parts. been standard practice at alot of wrekers for a long time now.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 07:43 PM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

That's a good price for EL thermos.

Any decent late model Falcons there worth mentioning? Any EB/ED Fairmonts with interior?

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 08:34 PM   #6
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Pick-a-part out at Kilsyth now charges $1 entry, which I think is a bit of a jib if you don't leave with anything. And they had nothing EF-onwards!

But the place just down the main road (Falcon spares Parts or something) is the place to go for EF-onwards.
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2005, 10:34 PM   #7
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Machine
Pick-a-part out at Kilsyth now charges $1 entry, which I think is a bit of a jib if you don't leave with anything. And they had nothing EF-onwards!
That has been like that for years, mate :P

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #8
spope
Banned

Luke: Not that i noticed, but i wasn't looking at interiors. Or EB/Ds for that matter. I'm back on Wednesday, I'll take a look.
EF Machine: I think you mean Just Falcons, one of the best wreckers in Melbourne, IMHO. The guys really know their stuff.
Apart from dedicated Ford wreckers, JR's is easily the best self-serve wrecker for Falcon bits, at least the ones I've been to. I don't mind paying $1, cause it's rare that I don't come out with something. Some of the other large wreckers annoy me when I pay to enter, cause a lot of the time they have junk.
spope is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

This is Sundeep.

Would you want EF Thermos Steve? I have a set of those I could give you for $110 :P I wanted to put them in my car but wheels are top priority atm :(

Sundeep
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post