Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Club of ACT > Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events

Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events Meets, greats and timetables

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #31
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I can gather, the lake itself is closed but the picnic areas etc around it are not. From the ACT Gov't website:

Lake Burley Griffin will remain closed to all sporting and recreational uses due to sewage contamination.

Based on advice from ACT Health, it is unsafe to use the lake for any activities that involve contact with the water such as swimming, canoeing, recreational boating, rowing or fishing.

That said, the lake may not be a particularly attractive place at the moment so we have a couple of substitutes up our sleeve!

On a positive note, the weather is still looking good – expecting a mostly sunny day with a top around 22 degrees.

Don’t forget the meeting place and time – the rear of Old Parliament House at 11.30am for an 11.45am departure.

Please also remember to bring if you can either a salad/side dish or sweet dish to share with others; the club will provide meat, soft drinks, bread and sauce.
You may want to bring a chair along as well as some picnic areas have limited seating.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #32
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
Hi Guys. Looks like a great event with some fantastic cars. What are your thoughts on a Ford lover with an AUII LTD (XR8 running gear and FPV F6 rims) turning up? I am still trying to work out my eligability to your club, but I would like to meet some like minded Ford lovers.

Stu in Stirling.
Hi Stu,

Not a problem, feel free to come along and say hi to everyone. As I said, meeting point is the rear of Old Parliament House (you won't miss us all!) at 11.30am.

Richard
Old 12-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #33
data_mine
GT-P With An Ego
Donating Member2

Well didn't Canberra turn on a wonderful day today.

Ford Performance Club of ACT
Closed Thread