Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Instant Mayhem - Just add a Chevy a Motorcycle and an Acura NSX

Just have to share this story as after the initial shock of reading it, it actually becomes damn funny when you think about it . This was originally posted on th USA Kawasaki forums - (and it has been verified as true), the guy was riding a Honda CBR1000 and is probably one of the luckiest guys in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
EPSTEIN[/b]]
There are 2 types of riders....Those who go down and those who are about to.Well last night after 18 yrs of riding countless bikes and countless miles I had my 1st accident.

Typical story Great day Great riding ......Yadda Yadda.........On the way home riding on the parkway I am in the left lane and Dee on her 9 is in the left lane staggered. Suddenly a Chevy Astrovan which was 3 car lengths infront of me began to apply its brakes. We both see this and Dee peels off into the center lane and just as I am about to Bang......... I am hit from behind and flying through the air. Unknown to me the car behind me was doing about "70" and hit me from behind sending me airborne into the van. Thankfully this was a Chevy Astrovan with a full rear window and 2 1/2 doors. Unbelievably I went directly through this rear window and landed in the van next to the 10th passenger in this overcrowded vehicle. I look up in the fetal postition at this Asian guy and all he says is a startled "OH".........It doesnt click at 1st but I look up and feel my foot hanging out of the van and the 1st thing I think is .........."I CANNOT BELIEVE I AM IN THIS IN VAN!!!!!!!" I gather my senses and get out of the van and as soon as I am standing in all the glass and a little woozy I realize ....I was knocked out of my sneakers. Wiggle my toes Wiggle my fingers.......Rip off my leather Jacket Rip off my gloves ........take off the helmet .......Holy Sh*t ....I am ALIVE and in one piece.......Dee see no headlights pulls over to the shoulder comes running back in tears........
I explain to her that that "totaled" Acura RSX hit me from behind and I went through the rear window of the van. This kid was going full speed hit my bike and slammed it into the van so hard that the van has a deep "U" in the back of it from the imprint of my bike the Acura is Totaled.......He hit me so hard that the hood was peeled all the way up and touching the windshield. It appeared that he went under the van as well... The airbags deployed a total mess. The bike .......Well Ill take pics of the bike but lets just say I wanted to put a rose on it.
So I asked the Female motorist of the van why she was stopping on a Highway For No Reason and all she said in broken english was "I dont know I was driving and got scared". The Male motorist of the RSX was white as a ghost and crying in his hands.......he was mumbling tinking he killed me......He told the cops he didnt see anything never hit the brakes and hit me.

Well after a trip to the hospital on a backboard and all ....Xrays and CAT Scans.......they cleared me after I pee'd. NOT ONE SCRATCH!!!!! And all everyone kept saying is "You have a guardian Angel"

My leather jacket scratched and marred on the back (from the glass) My helmet the same........and my body untouched. Everyone here knows I ride with gear all the time and all I can say is it works.
Thank you to My Wife, You my everything .......
http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36909

1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.

Last edited by merlin; 26-09-2005 at 04:10 PM.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

luckier than this one

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That's incredible, time to by a tatts ticket with that sort of luck.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #4
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Was that Epstein that had the crash? (i used to be on the ZX-12r forums)

Man, how lucky can you possibly be?
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #5
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

all i have to say is wow - and yes it is kinda funny when the little asian man just ses "OH" roflmao

HRT R.I.P

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post