Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #1
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 
Default Quote, watched thread etc not showing

Hey there Russ. Since the site went down, I haven't been able to quote someone's post, and I don't see things like the subscribed thread icon. If you're working on it, sorry to bother you. If its a problem at my end, can't find the solution -nothing in my User CP has changed. One more thing, when I'm not logged in, I can still view all the forums. I used to have to log in to view things like lpg and ford 6 forums.
Cheers,
AB

AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
Hey there Russ. Since the site went down, I haven't been able to quote someone's post, and I don't see things like the subscribed thread icon. If you're working on it, sorry to bother you. If its a problem at my end, can't find the solution -nothing in my User CP has changed. One more thing, when I'm not logged in, I can still view all the forums. I used to have to log in to view things like lpg and ford 6 forums.
Cheers,
AB
Will take a look at things & see if we can't resolve these issues..
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

All of those functions should work fine so I'd start by clearing your browser cache and cookies just to make sure.

The visibility of various forums when not logged in is deliberate for a period of time while we track what guests are actually viewing.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 09:03 PM   #4
professorsabre
NECO

Hi AB,
were you able to fix the problem because I' experiencing exactly the same issue. I cleaned my cache and cookies but no difference.
Would appreciate if you can share what steps you took.
Cheers
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #5
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

I did the same and no difference. Even when typing this reply in advanced mode, I see none of the usual interface buttons to add attachements, pictures etc. Also when looking at a thread title, there is no icon to click to go to the last post.
Old 20-07-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

To try to track this down is it possible to get you to try some things
1: Try a different browser on your PC
2: Try a different PC.
Old 20-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #7
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks cs123, I just tried internet explorer and everything seemed to be working again. So its something to do with firefox. Just saw that there is an new update for firefox (3.6.6), so will install that and see if everything comes good. Will let you know in a few minutes.
Old 20-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nup, installing latest firefox made no difference. Enabling and disabling various firefox addons also made no difference.
Old 20-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #9
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Nup, installing latest firefox made no difference. Enabling and disabling various firefox addons also made no difference.
How are you trying to do the quote? Are you clicking on the quote button to reply to a post or are you selecting text and hitting the quote icon in the quick reply?
Old 20-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #10
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's my point, there is no quote button anymore. I always used that button, and now its gone.

I've never tried selecting text and ticking the quote message box in quick reply, just tried it now, and the box is greyed out and can't be ticked.
Just noticed in the 'Posting Rules' box down the bottom, it says HTML code is off (everything else is on), would that have anything to do with my problem?
Old 21-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #11
professorsabre
NECO

Yeah I don't get it either. I'm using IE8 and experiencing same issues as you still. Don't know what else to try.
Old 21-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #12
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

professorsabre, I use firefox and are having these problems. When I tried IE8 everything was back to normal. You are having these problems with IE8, I wonder if you try firefox, will everything be back to normal?
Old 21-07-2010, 11:26 PM   #13
professorsabre
NECO

Unfortunately I don't have an option to install Firefox not my equipment but I'm typing this message on ANOTHER computer using IE8 and experiencing the same issues.
Old 24-07-2010, 09:08 PM   #14
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So can any one tell me how do you turn on HTML code in 'Posting Rules' box ? I'm still having the above problem -I haven't even got a button for starting a new thread!

Or can anyone tell me, in the posting rules box (bottom of every page), is HTML code normally off or ON?
Old 28-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Woooohoooo!!!!. Just fixed the problem, was driving me nuts. Don't know why these settings changed in firefox, here's what I did.
Go to tools menu, click on page info, then click on permissions tab. Change install extensions or themes from "use default" (which was block) to "allow". I think thay=ts's the one that fixed it, but I also changed "open pop-up windows" from block to allow. These changes only apply to ford forums, they are not global (pritty sure anyway)>