Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Zelka
Starter Motor

Hi guys, just a quick update.

I DID actually fabricate the keys, with a lot of success because I had one deck out, so I could try before I inserted them into the original deck. I used a Woolworths (Safeway for our melb. friends) Rewards Card. It took a bit of scissor and knife work.

I do not recommend it however, as one snapped inside after getting the deck out, causing it to slide back in. I gave up and went to the dealer, where the service tech man ended up doing it free (very nice guy actually).

The story does not end there, the loading mechanism on the CD Stacker ended up NOT WORKING. I was so disappointed, I really wanted the 6 Stacker in there. So I had it taken back out and it is on its way back to the spare parts store where I bought it. I have a warranty, but it looks like I might just get a refund as he says he has none left in stock.

We will see what happens (also Ford said they could SWAP my unit for a working, warrantied, reconditioned 6 stacker for $550 fitted).

Ben86: Replied.
Zelka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post