Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #31
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoupedy
This is terrible a rich man has been robbed and hes got insurance omg
I can see how this would ******** you off but really is it that bad? hows your familiys health? If you have a holiday house that you only use one a month how bad are things really? and lets face it if your only there once a month it will be targeted again and again won't it? Best bet is buy all the ******** again put all the boxes out the front and hide with no car out the front, no lights on, sit with that rottie and a big stick.
Hey - i think you have what it takes to be a Judge!!

Old 16-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #32
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
I've been :
I've just been reading about The Giz so some of the in zid spik must hev worn off bro. :

I saw yoo down there Bro. :
Old 16-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #33
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i'd canvass the local hock shop, valve amps are far and few these days.

i have recovered from them before, if you "spot" tell police but don't tell the hock shop till you have police in tow.

PS:2n3055 is a home made unit?? not luxman or perraux amp.
Old 16-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I can see how this would ******** you off but really is it that bad? hows your familiys health? If you have a holiday house that you only use one a month how bad are things really? and lets face it if your only there once a month it will be targeted again and again won't it? Best bet is buy all the ******** again put all the boxes out the front and hide with no car out the front, no lights on, sit with that rottie and a big stick.
Do you even know the point of the post?
It isn't purely about losing things of monetary value.
MAny things that people steal have emotional value attached to them. Also, breaking in and stealing is unjust and an invasion of our safety.

The most valuable thing to me in this world is not the 2006 Gary Ablett signature card whose current market value is between 800-900 dollars. It is not the car in the driveway. It is not even this computer.
It is the video which contains the only footage of my Grandma (Bubba) who died 13 years ago and paid more attention to me growing up than my mother.

There are things thay go beyond money and that insurance cannot replace.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #35
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

As the red queen says in Alice in wonderland, " OFF WITH THERE HEADS!!" :
Old 16-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #36
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Thanks Scoupedy, you are right I shouldn't feel aggrieved. I apologise for my behaviour. Do you have any idea what claims do to premiums? Did you read what I wrote even...I (as in me) actually built, yes built the house, not a builder, me. Rich old me can just go out and buy my trade certificates, can buy my professional qualifications, I don't have to do anything, the money just rolls in.

I knew people like you as a boy in poor town Perth. They considered themselves ill done by and eventually graduated to burglary, thuggery to get the things they wanted. My family didn't have to worry, because we lived in a state housing bungalow, me, my brother, my sisters and my widowed mother... we washed in money, we ate money, I even had two shirts.

You know what else this "rich" bloke does? He carries huge debt from being dudded, he could have wound up the company, but instead he paid all his creditors and workers on time and carried on trading. He also donates large sums of money to people who are destitute.

To the rest of the civilised members:

I woke up this morning to another phone call. This time my son's flat was invaded by four thugs. Thanks to them my son now has a broken jaw and a fractured eye socket. The steel tube they used was laying on the floor of the flat when I turned up. It is bent at 45 degrees in two places. Thank goodness I'm "rich" otherwise the shock, pain and injury would be much greater. I deserve this of course.
Old 16-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #37
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

I'm sure that we all feel for your loss Wally - Break ins are a rather distasteful reality these days. Having been there and dealt with it myself I can understand the frustration / feelings.
Some of the vigilante rubbish that has been posted in this thread is no better then the bugglars themselves.
I think it worth closing this thread before things completely get out of hand...
Closed Thread