Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Citylink up-no-downgrade

The media is now reporting on what I've been observing since they opened the new "flyover" at the Southern end of the Bolte bridge for tunnel traffic. The traffic congestion since then has increased significantly especially on the tunnel bound traffic side.

Have a look at this article, also the video attached to the article.

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-new...0414-se6o.html

My observations are (travelling on that bridge every weekday):
-The single lane "flyover" together with the totally inadequate entries from the Dynon Rd on ramp area, and exits onto the Westgate freeway causing significant traffic congestion on the bridge.
-Signage erected in locations too late for drivers to get into the correct lane early enough.
-Ignorant drivers changing lanes at the very last moment.
-The Dynon Road on ramp has many slow trucks entering onto the bridge, and having to cross one or two lanes while ambling up the bridge. Slows up traffic completely. I was wondering how they were going to fix that problem. No, they aren't fixing it.
-The previous traffic flowed at 100kph speed limit. Now its limited to 80 kph.

The Vicroads people who came up with this arrangement appear not to have had any idea on how to design a functional freeway system. Do they actually drive cars?

Another big white elephant.

Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post