Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-03-2010, 02:03 PM   #31
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

our guys are great here

the normal mail guy brings to the door if it is raining

the parcels are put into the power box if they fit if they dont fit they put them on the back door step they then put a slip in the letterbox to tell us where it is

Jason

p.s .... It helps that our regular mai lman lives across the road from us

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #32
fangq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason[98.EL]
our guys are great here

the normal mail guy brings to the door if it is raining

the parcels are put into the power box if they fit if they dont fit they put them on the back door step they then put a slip in the letterbox to tell us where it is

Jason

p.s .... It helps that our regular mai lman lives across the road from us

The big problem that we are having at the moment is having a PO Box and street address for our business mail.. We have had to set up a mail divert to our PO Box or the street addressed mail bounces. ( mind you..we are RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the post office !! )

As much as we try to notify suppliers etc of our PO Box, we are on so many
mail out lists for junk mail that it's not feasible or warranted to notify some groups.

Soo, the strategy is..pay extra for mail divert, nikko out street addressed mail from the junksters and restamp that with a big " Return to sender "

Waste of time and money. FWIW, it's happening in a lot of areas.
Steve
fangq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #33
5L
[ 5L ]

i work for aus post in the mail centre here in adelaide.

i have problems with parcels and stuff aswell, but it is not the postie who delievers parcels.

it is a contractor and that is where the problem is.

i have made numerous complaints about expensive parcels being left on my door step, and nothing has ever changed.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #34
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
I disagree.
You disagree that I got it?

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #35
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

I've has similar things happen here. Ebay & Car parts left at the front door, in full view of the footpath with no one home. Could be hundreds of dollars worth of stuff.
Then you have the opposite...find the postal note in the letterbox about item for pickup, yet they've never even come to the door. Not a chance of missing them either. Shy? Slack?, or Sneaky?
Worse still is they don't even leave the note in the mailbox, and just drop item @ post office. I've had that a couple of times.
With Ebay stuff, here I am getting annoyed at the lengthy time of delivery & asking seller about when they sent it, doubting what they are saying.
Turns out it's been up the post office for a week or more.
If I have any doubt these days I'll go up the post office which is only 400m away and quiz them. They're good friendly people up there, but they have acknowledged that they've had more than 1 rogue "contractor"
Old 13-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #36
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Baracus

If you've complained and they got rid of the contractor and hired a new one that's good service, what more could you ask for.
It's impressive they would go to those lengths given the copious amounts of mail in the system at any given time, your parcel is one of millions.

Yeah, agreed it's good they do something about it, but then strike more useless contractors and have to start the whinging and whining all over again. Does get rather frustrating.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #37
nstg8a

lol, i ordered a new gps cable from ebay, first one took weeks, finally got a note from aus post saying it was there ready for pickup, go to pick it up and have to pay a further 4.75 to pick itup, and it had been delayed cos it wouldnt fit in my mailbox. then the seller sends me another one cos we thought the first one went awol, and it turns up in a matter of days, straight in my mailbox, no extra charge...

but my pet hate is when i have to show id when i pick up stuff from the post office... last time i looked the postie dosnt look at my id before he sticks it in my mailbox...
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 02:43 AM   #38
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a
but my pet hate is when i have to show id when i pick up stuff from the post office... last time i looked the postie dosnt look at my id before he sticks it in my mailbox...
I had to do that the other day when I picked up the parcel in the original topic post - the one where he'd left the slip in the front door for all to see!!!

I guess it is alright though, at least it stops sneaky buggers from grabbing the slip before you see it and picking up your mail.

Ordered another couple of things off eBay over the last couple of days so will see how they all go!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 02:48 AM   #39
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

I disagree. I am annoyed that they do not ask me for I.D especially when the item is registered. They don't know if the slip has been taken by a thief, then it becomes a drama as to them you picked it up, but it can't be proved as no I.D check was done. I would prefer that if no one is home and you have to go to the P.O, that they ask for I.D everytime.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 02:55 AM   #40
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not a huge deal, but once a week I have to walk 10 metres to the next set of units because theyve put it in the wrong box (right unit number wrong street number). It only annoys me because the numbers on the block of mail boxes is huge and I cant fathom how they can confuse the 2 addresses so often.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 03:31 AM   #41
robertjp

Davo, can you explain that a bit better. Is it all types of mail or is it only the standard letters which are being misrouted? Either way without going into address details on a public forum, the delivery centre should be contacted and asked to tell the postie of his mistake.

From the little I have seen, (for I am in mails) posties (as opposed to mail officers
/drivers/techs) are generally the group who work the hardest and try to do the right thing.

If there are any post employee's who take offence to the above comments please note that I said "generally", there are exceptional person's in each of these catagories.
robertjp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #42
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5L
but it is not the postie who delievers parcels.

it is a contractor and that is where the problem is.

i have made numerous complaints about expensive parcels being left on my door step, and nothing has ever changed.
I is still Australia posts responsibility to deliver the items. Their choice of delivery method does not remove responsibility be it postie or contractor the contract we as consumers have is with Australia post. if their chosen ( cost cutting) method of deliver fails to meet standards it is their responsibility choose a different method even if it is more expensive
to say it is not their fault it is the contractors is wrong because the contractors are agents of Australia post

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #43
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I had to do that the other day when I picked up the parcel in the original topic post - the one where he'd left the slip in the front door for all to see!!!

I guess it is alright though, at least it stops sneaky buggers from grabbing the slip before you see it and picking up your mail.

Ordered another couple of things off eBay over the last couple of days so will see how they all go!
That is the whole point of a "person to person" parcel. Unless the receipiants name is there to sign for with photo ID you will have to pick up the parcel, hence the note in the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
I is still Australia posts responsibility to deliver the items. Their choice of delivery method does not remove responsibility be it postie or contractor the contract we as consumers have is with Australia post. if their chosen ( cost cutting) method of deliver fails to meet standards it is their responsibility choose a different method even if it is more expensive
to say it is not their fault it is the contractors is wrong because the contractors are agents of Australia post
Not really. Contractors have to have their own insurance to cover lost or damaged mail items. Once the contractor receives the item it's his resposibility.
Old 14-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #44
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had similar issues. My computer is located 3 feet from the front door. The Aust post contractor didn't even knock on two occasions. He just put a slip in the mailbox. I'm assuming he's shy or worried about coping abuse. I rang and complained. Next delivery he still didn't knock.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #45
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjp
Davo, can you explain that a bit better. Is it all types of mail or is it only the standard letters which are being misrouted? Either way without going into address details on a public forum, the delivery centre should be contacted and asked to tell the postie of his mistake.

From the little I have seen, (for I am in mails) posties (as opposed to mail officers
/drivers/techs) are generally the group who work the hardest and try to do the right thing.

If there are any post employee's who take offence to the above comments please note that I said "generally", there are exceptional person's in each of these catagories.
Example I'm unit 3/58 and one or 2 letters a week addressed to unit 3/59 come to me. As I said, no biggie, just annoying. No more annoying than the 20+ letters a week I have to dump addressed correctly to previous tenants, but thats not the fault of AusPost.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #46
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertM
That is the whole point of a "person to person" parcel. Unless the receipiants name is there to sign for with photo ID you will have to pick up the parcel, hence the note in the door.

Not really. Contractors have to have their own insurance to cover lost or damaged mail items. Once the contractor receives the item it's his resposibility.
wrong, when we pay Australia post we enter into a contract with them to perform a service and it is their responsibility to adhere to the contract. The contractor has a responsibility and a contract with Australia post not the consumer so Australia post has a responsibility to use a method of delivery that ensures the parcel will arrive in accordance with the contract we have with them. if the contractor method fails to live up the the contract they need to evaluate a different method of delivery this may be a more expensive option but that is their responsibility , they take our money so they must deliver as promised

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Rides:

Last edited by FGII-XR6; 14-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 14-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #47
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Good thing for me was it was just a letter...it wasn't a cheque!
Wouldnt have been nice if they were doctors results Col...........
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #48
Brettmass
Uncle Henry No:1

My Peave is Certificates posted out in envelopes that plainly say "Do Not Bend" and find them doubled up and shoved in letter box, I fronted postie an was told " Sorry i did not read the envelope" Hm thought that was their job.
Brettmass is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #49
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Wouldnt have been nice if they were doctors results Col...........
Nah they never send results in a letter, only doctor appointments which often arrive AFTER the date of it anyway.

My Doctors all email my results and call me the day before an appointment. If I want a copy of any of the results, I get it from them when I go in

I think Australia Post has contracted out a lot of it's parcel service and that is where the problems are. Although, having said that, letters have been arriving really late too.

What's the solution? Does everyone who receives a parcel or letter late complain? Would that really change anything?
Old 15-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #50
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Nearly backed over a postie in my driveway the other day.... ''sorry mate..'' He handed me a fistfull of bill's.... I will get him next time..... :evil3:
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #51
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

Quote:
wrong, when we pay Australia post we enter into a contract with them to perform a service and it is their responsibility to adhere to the contract. The contractor has a responsibility and a contract with Australia post not the consumer so Australia post has a responsibility to use a method of delivery that ensures the parcel will arrive in accordance with the contract we have with them. if the contractor method fails to live up the the contract they need to evaluate a different method of delivery this may be a more expensive option but that is their responsibility , they take our money so they must deliver as promised
Sorry, I'm not wrong.
Old 16-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #52
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
I run a business using them. Out of 600 packages only 2 have been lost. Not too bad.
no, that's terrible. with the millions they deliver each year, that's a lot of lost mail.

What i hate is express takes as long as a normal package. also, it takes a week (7 days) to deliver a package to WA.
Old 16-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #53
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

legally we as consumers have no contract with the contractor we have a contract with Australia post this is basic consumer law, so you are wrong it is the sole responsibility of australia post to fulfill their contract to deliver our items failure of the contractor is actually a failure of Australia post to fullfill their obligation to the consumer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertM
Sorry, I'm not wrong.

Rides:

Old 16-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #54
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IMO, if you are not satisfied with Australia Post, then don't use them.

Our postie does a damn good job. Knows who I am and never lets me down.
A contractor also often delivers directly to my door...never lets me down.

The system is not perfect...name one that is.
But of all the systems I use, Australia Post is one I rate highly.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #55
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
what do you mean getting slack? I've never known them to do a decent job
Exactly...
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #56
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Well today I had my worst experience with aus post. I am on holidays and at 7:30am I heard the delivery guy rock up, my head lies pretty much at the gate when in bed. My partner was already up so I asked her to go to the back door (is easier to access back door the way our unit is designed), anyway I hear this thud, they guy never even came to the door, he chucked it over the gate, got back in his car and drove off. Thankfully the model was not damaged, but geez. I was not impressed.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #57
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I've got it pretty easy.

Aus. Post is directly opposite my work and I just get any parcels/ebay stuff/etc delivered straight to work...Always someone here I can trust to sign for it, etc.

Only thing that gets delivered to home is a few bits of normal mail...Which is hardly any because my bills, etc are all electronic and get emailed to me!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2010, 09:54 PM   #58
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Its all down to indiviual posties, not 'Australia post'

I had the same post lady for 20 years, she retired 2 years ago, since then weve been through 5 new one since then. & also during this time many letters have gone missing, I know, we were/are constantly getting costant mail in regards to our firearms from weapins licencing branch, ssaa, australian shooter, & other corrospondance, plus we used to get loads of other mail. & letters I know that should have arrived, haven't.

Weve had other peoples mail. Mail dumped on the driveway, sometimes after it has rained, & have recieved mail that just weren't ours. We talk to the posties about this, & say they will improve, but they usually quit (or are relieved) a few weeks later. the local postmater, & his wife weve know since weve lived here, are sick of the new ones, & the compaints that roll in with them.

Simple solution, posties have to simply concentrate on the job at hand, & not treat it as "just a job". No, its people's personal lives.... But for the most part, as long as they get the paycheck... Thats all they care about.

On a positive note, our previous postie, was an absolute pearler! She was great, & came to know her over the years. Always polite, & always ran by the rules. She was great, & was sad to see her retire!

I just wish she'd come out of it!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post