Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
MickyG
76 Fal Coupe

Default Car Scam

I'm selling my XC Coupe now, and luckily I had a top bloke coming around to inspect my car who told me if u get any offers to sell your car through paypal don't do it. Supposedly they put the funds through Paypal and it looks there but it actually isn't then u get a phonecall to pay the agent to pick up the car as he can't arrange it as he is as sea, u hand over $800 a truck comes around picks up ur car then paypal figures out that that money u have in your paypal account is not legit and takes it off u before u can witdrawal it. Anyways heres the e-mail get one like this don't respond.

Sent: Tuesday, 22 December 2009 11:36:58 PM
To: jasmin.gigg@hotmail.com
Thanks for the mail and am willing to offer you $21,500 for the Car ..I will like to buy it now,i am buying it for my dad and i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and i really want it to be a surprise for my dad so i won't let him know about it until it gets delivered to him,i am sure he will be more than happy with it .I insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking,but i can pay from my PayPal account,as i have my bank a/c attached to it,i will need you to give me your PayPal email address and the total amount am paying you. Pls if you don't have PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com.au and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with PayPal so as to put the money through.I have a pick up agent that will come and pick this up after i have made the payments...

I would have loved to talk to you on phone but i am a marine engineer I work mainly on sea, our phone is down on the sea right now due to bad weather, we can only communicate with our base for now.

Thanks !!
Sean

Will be asking alot of questions as Lego is beyond me!
MickyG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

: They must enquire about every single car on carsales with that crap. Good luck with the sale.

Cheers, Anthony
Old 23-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #3
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

lol may as well say "hi, i'm from Nigeria, will you accept a personal cheque?"
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Hahahahaha that is hilarious. The name gives it away as a scam to me. Sean Combs is the real name off Puff Daddy or whatever that guy calls himself these days. Also LOL at the last bit. Our phone is down right now due to bad weather out at sea, yet he can use the net :togo:.

Anyway the reason they keep doing it is because idiots keep falling for it.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got the same email a few days ago.

My reply was "F--- Off Scum Bag"
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
MickyG
76 Fal Coupe

I only heard about it on the weekend and the first e-mail I just said if ur interested call I'm not typing everything. And I thought this is either a gee up with the Sean Combs name but I won't be rude.

Will be asking alot of questions as Lego is beyond me!
MickyG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm dealing with a lady via the internet who is trying to sell an 05 GT for $9,000 they want me put $2000 into an account before i can see the car LOL.

Under the category marked too good to be true.

better of giving the money to Oxfam.
Old 23-12-2009, 02:51 PM   #8
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its good to sea(pun deliberate )that these IDIOTS are still trying this on
there is heaps writin lately on the forum about this
the more people know about this the more we can TRY to get rid of it
personally, report it straight to paypal
when i did ,i never heard from the dropkicks again
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post