Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #91
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'v just started a thread on ferals scratching cars, namely MINE!!... now after seeing this, that thread seems petty compared to your damage. I feel for you and I hope your car is fixed right up and karma (or the law) catches up with the little undisciplined monster.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #92
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
yeah that's the next port of call. NRMA, basic excess 500, 500 for me being young, and 500 for having an infringment.

ill read the statement and see what it says for malicious damage.

although a customer a work told me last night that someone had driven into a car at the carpark and pointed at my car. funny shaped car that did that!
I'm 99% sure that for damage such as this the extra excesses don't apply, they're only applicable if it is actually you driving at the time.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #93
HLC
Audi S3

yeah made a phone call. just basic excess applies. 600 actually. so yeah see what happens now. oh to make a claim or not lol
Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #94
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
yeah made a phone call. just basic excess applies. 600 actually. so yeah see what happens now. oh to make a claim or not lol
Considering the damage I'd personally just bite the bullet and get it fixed mate.

It sucks but it's better than just leaving it and cheaper than getting it sorted yourself.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #95
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
realistically, 1500 excess on 8700 agreed value. leaves me with 6200, plus the cost of setting up a new policy, lets say 1200 premium, leaves me with 5k for a new car. i aint gonna get much for that. maybe an el xr6 if im lucky? as i dont want anything thrashed. ah well. see how things go. wish me luck with the insurance company!

You got the sums wrong... you'd be left with 6k (small consolation, I know)

I'd be disappointed they didn't try for fingerprints at least for where the grub jumped on or off.

Good luck with it... you'd be better off fixing it. You could spend the same amount (or more) as the excess if some major driveline component failed in the car
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #96
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Man that's really bad i really hope get these freaks you did that, i remember this happen to one my mates from work,, I really hope you get that roof fixed , good luck with everything
Old 07-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #97
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny
You got the sums wrong... you'd be left with 6k (small consolation, I know)

I'd be disappointed they didn't try for fingerprints at least for where the grub jumped on or off.

Good luck with it... you'd be better off fixing it. You could spend the same amount (or more) as the excess if some major driveline component failed in the car
hahahahaha

its goin in for assessment tomorrow. im praying they choose to repair it.

although there is a nice EL XR6 that looks mint with 19" 40th anniversary GT rims on it up the road from my GF's house for 4700 lol
Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #98
Gazzax

I in the words of an old movie they are Farging Iceholes, sorry about the car though I hope it works out ok for you.
Gazzax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #99
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How long you been with your girlfriend? Maybe her ex is a bit ****ed off?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #100
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwon
How long you been with your girlfriend? Maybe her ex is a bit ****ed off?
1 year lol

the sad part out of all this is, that im sure some she knows will probably know someone who did this.

it may have been random or it may have been targeted. who knows, but no doubt someone will be bragging about it somewhere, in person or on facebook or something and they'll tell someone who will tell someone who will know here or me, but ill never find out...
Old 08-10-2009, 12:50 AM   #101
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep thats the way it always goes, they know you, or know of you, got nothing against you, but they saw your car and decided to trash it. Just because its fun. Everyone will find out, and have a laugh about it, but you will never know who did it.

This sorta stuff happens around here as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #102
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Any news HLC?

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #103
HLC
Audi S3

went to the assessor, he put the job through to my smash repairer, and now i wait!
Old 15-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #104
Skotty
Banned

Atleast it sounds like ya getting blue betty repaired New bonnet, New roof skin, say what 2.5 - 3k total... if that... just scraps in to be repaired I guess... We had done a few roof skins on AU's went I left the crash shop mid last year and they are still around the same value now...

But then again since its metalic yeah? I wounder if they will paint the tops of the door frames to blend it..
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post