Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
jack_frost1980
Starter Motor

Default Question about Vicroads

Just wondering if anyone on here has got any knowledge or experience ofthe following situation:

My girlfriend has just moved in with me, so we've been going through and changing the postal addresses for her insurance, RACV, etc. When we tried to update her address online with Vicroads, after typing in her licence details her old address appears as well as her current cars rego number. As well as her current car, however, the rego number for her old car also appeared under "Vehicles Held". She tells me that in 2007 that car broke down and she was told by the garage it wasn't worth getting repaired, so she left it with them to dispose of and thought no more of it. She's now worried that Vicroads still think she owns that car and are going to come chasing her for the unpaid rego. She hasn't had any rego renewals for that car in that time, so whats going on with it and do we need to be worried? We've tried phoning vicroads but keep going round in circles with the automated phone system as I assume everyone has gone home for the evening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jack_frost1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds obvious so sorry if there is a reason you can't, but just go in there?
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is no big deal in not re-registering a car as long as it is not driven, it happens all the time