Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-08-2005, 10:54 PM   #1
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Default Number Plate

Does anyone know if its legal to put your number plate on the dash facing out the window, I've seen it before and was wondering if you're actually allowed to do it.

While I'm on the topic, I thought someone might be interested in these plates :P quite smart
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/INGHIA-Ford-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 18-08-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Who cares if it's legal or not, if you're stupid enough to have a number plate loose in the cabin you're an idiot.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would hate to imagine a number plate flying around in an accident. Pretty sure it is illegal though.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:10 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Who cares if it's legal or not, if you're stupid enough to have a number plate loose in the cabin you're an idiot.
Yeh you will scratch your CDs, bump into your softdrink bottles, block your view of your refedex, rattle with all your coins, buff against your shoes.....

In the seat pocket in front of you is a card showing the safety features of this Falcon. I bottle opener is stored under your seat, the safetycard shows it's use.
Your BA Falcon has 4 emergency exits, 2 in the front row adjacent the driver and navigator and 2 in the rear row adjacent the screaming rug rats. Please note your nearest exit and an alternative.
In case of an emergency accelleration there may be tyre smoke in the cabin. Some blue and red flashing lights will ignite and our 'safety' collecter will assist you with donations to our charity "Save the inept government fund".
For our non P plate customers, this journey will accrue you 2 frequent driver demerit points.
Thankyou for driving Oz Hiway and we look forward to photographing you with our safety camera again soon.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #5
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

lol
Old 19-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #6
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yeh you will scratch your CDs, bump into your softdrink bottles, block your view of your refedex, rattle with all your coins, buff against your shoes.....

In the seat pocket in front of you is a card showing the safety features of this Falcon. I bottle opener is stored under your seat, the safetycard shows it's use.
Your BA Falcon has 4 emergency exits, 2 in the front row adjacent the driver and navigator and 2 in the rear row adjacent the screaming rug rats. Please note your nearest exit and an alternative.
In case of an emergency accelleration there may be tyre smoke in the cabin. Some blue and red flashing lights will ignite and our 'safety' collecter will assist you with donations to our charity "Save the inept government fund".
For our non P plate customers, this journey will accrue you 2 frequent driver demerit points.
Thankyou for driving Oz Hiway and we look forward to photographing you with our safety camera again soon.
lol....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 11:45 AM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

It's illegal in Vic.
It has to be secured to the front.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #8
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

People have them on their dash, for shows. And they are not actually legal, they are just made up. As the name is what the car goes by, i.e. it's nick.
Old 19-08-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
damo351

LOL thats gold mate
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #10
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I drove around with it on the dash for a while. I ****-ended a chick in a Daewoo and it fell off. Sat it on the dash till I could get it fixed. Copper noticed I didn't have a front plate, turned around, pulled me over and asked me what the go was, I explained, he asked me to sit it on the dash(I had it on the seat) so people could see it if needed.