Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 19-06-2009, 06:36 AM   #31
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

U B E L I E V A B L Y E X C E L L E N T !!!!!!!!!!!

mY MATE IN tVL NEEDS A 727 REBUILT. cAN YOU RECOMMEND ANYONE PLEASE?
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #32
blueboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO
Awsome effort Dave.
Your attention to detail to make efficient power has payed off.
Your a Master of your trade.
Well done once again.

Regards
AGRO
Hey Mate, long time no see, hope its not to cold down there for you, 24degree's here, come up if you want to get warm. (bring Chris with you this time.)

David
flying the flag in North Queensland.
blueboost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #33
DECIM8

Nice job dude.....top vid to
DECIM8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #34
fatnlow

Damn bring it down south for some cooler air and go even faster!!
fatnlow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #35
sideways82
loving the turbo

i hear the mackay track is all set to see records fall tonight
12.48@113.92 with 277rwkw
12.27@119.1 with 320rwkw
sideways82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #36
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what a freakin rocket!! Huge congrats to you. That is mind blowing how quick that is off the line.
smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #37
blueboost

Yes, I think I found and exceeded the limit of a BA motor, the car had 2 more psi, and about 50hp extra, (I would expect 800 engine hp)
she left a bit untidy but still with a 1.4 60ft, she was quicker at the 660ft mark, and up by 2mph, felt like it was still loving it.

then all went pear shaped, clunks and bangs were coming out of it everywhere, looks like 2 and 3 came out each side.

she still idles but sounds a bit tougher without the other 2 cylinders.

good info for my new engine though, because it feel real good for the first part of the track, nearly 112mph in 200 meters is sets up a good finish.

I was thinking of putting a BF motor in and see what it can do, but the way she blew, I think it might have been the pistons that let go, before the rods, I feel I would have got a drop in power for a bit as they bent if it was a few rods bending. imo.

time to get some grunt out of this car.

there was also a lot of PBs for other cars to

Nathens BF F6 (stock auto) (stock motor)ran 10.95, @127.7, 10.98 @127.3, 10.95 @ 127.4.
M selby BA xr6 (stock auto) stock motor with valve springs, ran 11.3 @126mph
BClarke BF GT Ken Bell supercharged (stock auto stock motor, but with oil pump gears) ran 10.94 @127mph
D Anderson BA xr8 Ken Bell supercharged (stock auto, stock motor) ran 11.2 @122mph
Joal xr6 t BA (stock motor and auto) 12.0 122mph
John BA xt with stock NA auto but with a stock BA xr6turbo motor ran 11.95 at 121mph on old nangkangs.
shane first time with his car, ran 12.5 at 118mph on street tyres
Tony from PRE, ran a pb xr6tstock motor and auto, not sure of his best but I saw a 11.6.

David
Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #38
justa6
justa6

well it had to happen some time, still some amazing achievement's though. well done. let us know what you are going to do.
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #39
wogrocket
HKS T51R SPL

heres a quick vid of the purple beast on it's final pass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UxEJpQEANU

Mick
WOG 11 Ba Persuit ute turbo 568 rwhp 6psi boost on bp98 Tuned by Dave @CPV featured in Street fords issue 121 http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354035
wogrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #40
sideways82
loving the turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboost
Yes, I think I found and exceeded the limit of a BA motor, the car had 2 more psi, and about 50hp extra, (I would expect 800 engine hp)
she left a bit untidy but still with a 1.4 60ft, she was quicker at the 660ft mark, and up by 2mph, felt like it was still loving it.

then all went pear shaped, clunks and bangs were coming out of it everywhere, looks like 2 and 3 came out each side.

good info for my new engine though, because it feel real good for the first part of the track, nearly 112mph in 200 meters is sets up a good finish.

I was thinking of putting a BF motor in and see what it can do, but the way she blew, I think it might have been the pistons that let go, before the rods, I feel I would have got a drop in power for a bit as they bent if it was a few rods bending. imo.

Nathens BF F6 (stock auto) (stock motor)ran 10.95, @127.7, 10.98 @127.3, 10.95 @ 127.4.
BClarke BF GT Ken Bell supercharged (stock auto stock motor, but with oil pump gears) ran 10.94 @127mph
D Anderson BA xr8 Ken Bell supercharged (stock auto, stock motor) ran 11.2 @122mph
John BA xt with stock NA auto but with a stock BA xr6turbo motor ran 11.95 at 121mph on old nangkangs.
Tony from PRE, ran a pb xr6tstock motor and auto, not sure of his best but I saw a 11.6.

David
now i see why guys from cairns road trip it down to get tuned.

me and 2 tully guys headed down to townsville the same night, one in a NA XR6 had his first run down the strip and loved it. QIK1 had a few niggles but got his launches sorted. I finally got into the 12's by borrowing john's federal 595 rsr's, made a huge difference in times and picked up 2.5 mph from the cold weather
12.48@113.92 with 277rwkw
12.27@119.1 with 320rwkw
sideways82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:54 AM   #41
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Awesome work Dave, simply awesome!!

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #42
ADSXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

David
Well done DAve. and Looks like you have a long list of happy customers.

Great effort too by DClarke. Probably first 10 second BF ZF Boss. Great effort.
Old 15-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #43
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'm dead keen to know now what your plans are blueboost. If nines from an internally stock BA 6t aren't too difficult, I can imagine heavily modified internals, transmissions and a chunky rear should see those times dip even lower. Goodluck with your endevours!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #44
blueboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXR6
I'm dead keen to know now what your plans are blueboost. If nines from an internally stock BA 6t aren't too difficult, I can imagine heavily modified internals, transmissions and a chunky rear should see those times dip even lower. Goodluck with your endevours!
new motor in, atomic bottom end the old ones topend, my plans are to run consistent 9's,so i can work out how to get it down to 1.35 60fters, then i will sneak the power up each gear and hopefully get close to or run consistent 8's.
but i have to do it at my own pace, i have not had a car this powerfull or this quick before, it has worked so far, slowly testing and improving , so i will keep going as i am, my idea is to break as least as i can, but run as much standed gear as i can, (if thats possible)
i am hopeing to be able to stick to the standed style rear end, but that will have to see how it holds up, sweet so far.

David
Old 18-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #45
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
i am hopeing to be able to stick to the standed style rear end, but that will have to see how it holds up, sweet so far.

David
The 2 quickest Falcon Turbo cars both have fabricated Shaun Mullins 9'' rear ends, have you seen this set-up? they say it all bolt up to existing factory holes and brackets..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #46
blueboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
The 2 quickest Falcon Turbo cars both have fabricated Shaun Mullins 9'' rear ends, have you seen this set-up? they say it all bolt up to existing factory holes and brackets..
i have and they sound good, and i might go this way if the standed gear cannot cope, but for now, my 60ft is ahead of those cars, so it realy depends when it breaks.if i get the stock style rear to run 1.35, the rest of the run will not hurt it.

Last edited by SpoolMan; 18-07-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: fixed quote up
Old 18-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #47
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:

i have and they sound good, and i might go this way if the standed gear cannot cope, but for now, my 60ft is ahead of those cars, so it realy depends when it breaks.if i get the stock style rear to run 1.35, the rest of the run will not hurt it.
I seen the citric one at Heathcote couple weeks back, it was on a mission 120mph to half track, finished with 9.75@114mph had trouble with something mechanical at the back half of the track..

Old 18-07-2009, 10:02 PM   #48
blueboost

i would like that with a 1.35 60ft, and she will get an 8.

David
Old 18-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #49
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

That is insanely fast, kudos
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 06:48 AM   #50
SpoolMan

Quote:
i would like that with a 1.35 60ft, and she will get an 8.

David
A lot of the LS1 guy's run airbag set-up in the rear, the bag sits inside the spring, have you ever thought of trying this?

Old 19-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #51
blueboost

A lot of the LS1 guy's run airbag set-up in the rear, the bag sits inside the spring, have you ever thought of trying this?[/QUOTE]

i have put spacers under mine, just below the bump stops, so when under full load, the c/v's stay straight so there at there strongest, and most efficient. cheap and hopefully does the same thing, (i don't use a transbrake at this stage so it only needs to stay there does not get bounced like when you hit a transbrake) this car has as much as i want off the mark so far the brakes do the job) at the next stage i don't know.

David
Old 19-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #52
SpoolMan

Quote:
(i don't use a transbrake at this stage so it only needs to stay there does not get bounced like when you hit a transbrake) this car has as much as i want off the mark so far the brakes do the job) at the next stage i don't know.

David
Got to love the old school auto's and there strength, 6 speed auto with a trans brake would be awesome..

Old 19-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #53
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Got to love the old school auto's and there strength, 6 speed auto with a trans brake would be awesome..
We need a billet input shaft for the ZF first Spooly...... Simon's heart is broken this weekend :

BTW, AWESOME effort there Dave!

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post