Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Default Ka: clutch slipping- help!

Hello all, as the thread title suggests, the GF's Ka's clutch has begun to slip. I've been quoted up to $1000 to get it replaced, which sounds pretty crazy. Do these things have any adjustment in them, or at 100,000km, it's time is up?

Apparently the kit alone is $500 and I'm told the slave cylinder is concentric and need machining....WTF? I'm an auto guy, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

TBH, it really does sound about right.....

Sorry, maybe shop around see if you can get it a little cheaper or buy the parts from O/S!

Cheers
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
V8 Ghia Mike
Blue blooded Ford guy!

Cheers bud. The four-figure cost had me very surprised. Last time I did a clutch, it was 2 or 3 hundred to replace. In the late 80s....

Mike

94 EF Fairmont Ghia 5.0- XR8 in a tuxedo...
Bordeaux purple, Tickford kit, 2.5+ inch drop, EL Ghia chrome, leather, Pioneer sound, C&C, electric everything, 18" BA XR8's, ABS, LSD, GT40P's, Crane cam, ChipTorque ECU, XR8 snorkel, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights.
V8 Ghia Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post