Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #31
mickbundy

Duel fuel is not a bad idea here in W.A
If your heading north it is a long way between fuel stops and the servo's don't always have gas.
It is a good thing that at least HSV are prepared to try something and no doubt like Ford. They will get things not quite right on some parts but will be a good thing eventually
mickbundy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #32
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickbundy
Duel fuel is not a bad idea here in W.A
If your heading north it is a long way between fuel stops and the servo's don't always have gas.
Too right. I'm looking forward to driving to Carnarvon later in the year and not having to stop to refuel
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 12:29 AM   #33
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew
Ok, given my limited understanding of the LPI stuff, and its relative apparent simplicity, what are the likely reasons for the switch to petrol? Injector size must theoretically be correct yes to map to the stock petrol injectors assuming its running one tune for both fuels? So it just cant get enough LPG (pressure/volume) to the engine? Or concerns about the valve seats for longevity given warranty or some such? Or IS it just to keep the LPG car's max kw and Nm numbers below the petrol version?

Whats the max grunt thats been seen out of the JTG system without 'doing a Worm' and running dual pumps etc out of curiosity?

I'm curious as to what can be inferior about the Vialle product other than sizing of components (pump, lines, injectors etc)

The above isnt an attack on JTG or pro-Vialle or whatever, just a bunch of questions generated by this odd switch to petrol!

I'M TOLD IT'S MAINLY INJECTOR RELATED . CHEAP COMPONANTS designed with a lesser quality , also its not borrowing from tthe tied and proven systems in existance . they are developing systems not using proven ones , they are also designing for cost cutting measures . for the already abovementioned no benifits over petrol etc .
( when margarine was invented , it was better for you than butter, so the govt added fat to it to keep the butter industry going )
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #34
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Was talking to one of my customers on Monday, he works for Bosch and is pretty high up in the technical area, he was telling me about a certain car company (we all associate with the color red) using the services of Bosch to develop systems but then after they have a working product outsource that product to a cheaper company to produce in bulk, this is what appears to have happened with HSV.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #35
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
Was talking to one of my customers on Monday, he works for Bosch and is pretty high up in the technical area, he was telling me about a certain car company (we all associate with the color red) using the services of Bosch to develop systems but then after they have a working product outsource that product to a cheaper company to produce in bulk, this is what appears to have happened with HSV.
i got this info off an owner of a developing svi system . people actually go under cover trying to steal ideas off them to copy. not mentioning manufacturers .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #36
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Eh the China factor, nice.

Personally, I like butter. Im a traditionalist.

Id assume from the above they arent using a partnership with Vialle or other and rather bastardizing up a system? Surely Ford at least would partner with Vialle given their existing relationship. Found this article from last year discussing Vialles partnership with Subaru UK to configure and install LPi to Subarus prior to delivery with full factory warranty with over 200 cars done at that stage.
http://www.lpgasmagazine.co.uk/autog...ternative.html

Surely if Ford at least use the Vialle system it'll be a quality product.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 07:15 PM   #37
prydey
Rob

as i understand it, ford's partnership with vialle is continuing.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #38
Thankfull
Banned

I would be interested in a Dual Fuel FPV V8 from Ford....no hesitation...we would buy.

We drive all over Australia on our Annual leave, over the last 4 years, when annual leave came around we where driving a BA series 1 XT Station Wagon which we purchased new, and then got Ford to fit an LPG Gas system.

The only compromise in the system was...I originaly ordered the car with Traction Control as a ULP car, when Ford dealer fitted the LPG Gas system, when changing from ULP to Gas, the traction control was automaticly dis engaged by the switching mechanism.

Apart from that the spare tyre went from underneath the wagon to inside the Wagon at the rear.
The LPG Tank went underneath where the spare tyre used to be.

We had about a 1000 km fuel range, about 600 ks on the ULP and 400 on Gas.
Some of our road trips have been...

Adelaide to Sydney
Adelaide to Exmouth
Adelaide to Darwin
Adelaide to Cairns

One thing I have noticed in Country areas around Australia on our long road trips, when the weather gets hot, the LPG Pumps some times do not work at all, so it is handy we have found to have a dual fuel.

Anything mechanical can be done....as I said before if Ford makes a dual Fuel FPV V8, we will buy.

Cheers all
Thankfull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post