Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
20focus05
I wanna XR5

Default Fog Lights banned in SA

Great its been ticking me off for ages.
The other states had done this a longtime ago.

All those drivers out there that drive with fog lights on on clear nights!
good for you maybe but for the on coming driver it can be to much, with many I have seen coming towards me with bad adjusted fog lights.

In foggy situations I have no problems.

Oh and having the rear fog lights on to on clear nights???

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
Old 07-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
TRUBLU4DS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I for one dont now why the Falcon went from having driving/spotlights on EBGT,ELGT & T3 then fitted fog lights from BA onwards, not much use for them in W.A.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20focus05
Great its been ticking me off for ages.
The other states had done this a longtime ago.

All those drivers out there that drive with fog lights on on clear nights!
good for you maybe but for the on coming driver it can be to much, with many I have seen coming towards me with bad adjusted fog lights.

In foggy situations I have no problems.

Oh and having the rear fog lights on to on clear nights???

I don't think I've ever used mine (even in fog) . However I don't see a problem with others using them. I can't say my vision's ever been impaired due to an oncoming vehicle having them on
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
frysie87
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT0132
I don't think I've ever used mine (even in fog) . However I don't see a problem with others using them. I can't say my vision's ever been impaired due to an oncoming vehicle having them on
They can be such a PITA!! I nearly hit a curb thanks to some *** with his fogs on at 7pm in clear open night. bout time they do it, but the cops are usually relaxed on this law up this way.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

They're illegal in VIC but I still see plenty of cars using them.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

I think its just a need for consistency, not all of these 'fog' lights are inoffensive. Some selected Commodore models are known for glare. Cant say Falcon fogs have ever bothered me oncoming.

But cant ban one without the other.

Dont use them myself except in the country and even them they're off when oncoming traffic is present.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
xr6turboford

OK are we talking about fog lights or driving lights as there two different things.
I for one only use my driving lights on country roads as it improves the side vision so you can see any roos, foxes, rabbits etc.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
tony302coupe

I don't get this hole fog lights thing, when did fog lights stop being yellow!!

How do you use these things, I mean the wife’s car has these things fitted, if I flick the switch for the fog light with park lights on they come on, if I flick the fog light switch with the head lights on they come on and if you have the head light switch set to auto with the fog light switch on they come on even if it isn’t foggy!!!

Give me my XC with factory driving lights any day

Cheers
Tony
Closed Thread