Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unhappy What a hassel just to be a Donating Member

6 Momths ago i decided to be Donating Member and help out this great Forum.... and come across this...Deposits should be identified with your forum user name and a PM sent to me advising that a donation has been made. Please allow a few days for setup to be completed although we will endeavour to create forum access immediately

Then to pay with a credit card, this is what i read....While we are waiting to install some software to automate the process we can process manual transactions via the PM system (which can't be accessed externally in the same way email can). The automated software should be operational within two weeks.

Checked again today, so what happened to 2 WEEKS????

I havent got time to go to the bank and all that crap... Just want to use my Visa card or even PalPay.....

You would get a lot more paying Members if Payment was simple!
Just my 2 cent worth!!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

All I can hear is Wah Wah Wah.

If that's your biggest issue in life..........

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty

be nice and call him a wahhhmbulace.

Mate cant you just deposit the $20 into the account, why do you need to use a credit card?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Yeah, on-line banking.... just transfer it that way. It's just as quick as CC.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Scott

I paid with CC last year from memory - have you PM'd Admin to see what you can do?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly
Visa card or even PalPay.....

You would get a lot more paying Members if Payment was simple!
Just my 2 cent worth!!

So there is more than one person in Australia that does not have Internet banking ?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
Ladiesman217
I can count to potato!

I agree with Bolly, the some parts of the forum need attention. It would take 10 mins to setup a PayPal account to donate to the site, and it's fully automated so the admins have to do less work then what they are now when it comes to activating donating members... Even a simple update of VBulletin would be better as this is all incorporated with the latest release, and much more... But hey what would I know, I'm just a founder of Zgeek.com...

Old 11-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:

Nice way to talk to a possible donating member Peuty ! I also find it a pain as I dont have internet banking or a credit card.Usually have to catch up with Russ or Spooly at one of the functions to pay

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexxy
But hey what would I know, I'm just a founder of Zgeek.com...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
Nice way to talk to a possible donating member Peuty !
Hey don't get me wrong, I think it's great that he wants to donate, but why make a thread in AUFalcon.com aimed at no-one in particular? It looks like he has been a member for long enough to know that issues like this are best dealt with via PM to a mod or admin.

Oo\===/oO
Old 11-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #10
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I think we should welcome any constructive crticism...All feedback is good, positive or negative...No need for posts like this
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

This is going nowhere fast.

The OP should have messaged Admin rather than make a public song and dance about the issue.

Closed until Admin see fit to open and discuss.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Maybe if you asked you would have realised that we do have credit card facilities, oh well.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
I agree with Bolly, the some parts of the forum need attention. It would take 10 mins to setup a PayPal account to donate to the site, and it's fully automated so the admins have to do less work then what they are now when it comes to activating donating members... Even a simple update of VBulletin would be better as this is all incorporated with the latest release, and much more... But hey what would I know, I'm just a founder of Zgeek.com...
I want to answer this, not so much as a directly reply to you flexxy but as an overview

All the admin have full time jobs, each devote countless hours to the forums and have done so since 2004, non the less the combination of those hours don't equal the effort that Russ puts towards this site.

Then there is the moderation team that spend hours here as well.

Its easy enough to dissect what was, could be and should be, but to expect a velvet reply from reading this thread title then that's one less DM I would be happy with.

Upgrades are a luxury that we will undertake as time permits, till then we will ensure that the site runs smoothly without interruptions based on the resources we have available, to that I personally thank the Sponsors who have supported the site to ensure such, for most an unknown effort that alone takes.

There are several users on the site that captures the spirit of this community, then there are others that seek to take advantage of its members, our main focus is to foster the first and remove the others.

We don't need for you to wax our backs or feed us KK's, we ask that you be constructive in your approach, I would also expect such demands if we actually employed a full time team to manage the site!

Move on, ask and we will consider, demand and you have lost my interest.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
cjf
GT Hardcore

Quote:
I have to agree the site needs to be brought up to current day standards as it is complicated and outdated.
BPR CAI , PACEMAKERS 4-1, BALLISTIC 100cell RACING CATS, CROW CAMS GTP,
K LINE , XFORCE ,PSI VALVE SPRINGS, MANLEY H BEAMS, SRP PISTONS & RINGS, ACL RACE BEARINGS MELLINGS BILLET OIL PUMP, POWERBOND UNDERDRIVES, TT1-160 THERMOSTAT.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

how it complicated and how is it outdated
Old 11-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #16
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

I don't find it complicated - it's a web based forum for gawd sakes, not a Russian submarine.

Oo\===/oO
This user likes this post:
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Jesus some people are hard to please!

If someone cant do a transfer via internet banking and needs a credit card to do so then their computer skills are not "up to current day standards"

Fear not Laminge, a very high percentage of DMs appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes
Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #18
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
I have to agree the site needs to be brought up to current day standards as it is complicated and outdated.
oh dear............................ :gren:
Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #19
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
We hear you, currently the next forum feature is an "Anti-whinge" function which can be turned on/off by members and automatically deletes posts which are seen as whingey. Monthly winners even receive a free bottle of whine! :togo:
Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #20
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

What does a donating member get apart from a warm happy feeling inside?

Don't mean to offend anyone I am just asking a question. I apologise in advance if the question is upsetting.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #21
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8

Don't mean to offend anyone I am just asking a question. I apologise in advance if the question is upsetting.
Have a read of http://www.fordforums.com.au/dm.php to find out.

It's well worth while and helps support the forums.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #22
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Fear not Laminge, a very high percentage of DMs appreciate all the hard work that goes on behind the scenes

A large number of Non-DM's appreciate all the hard work too. Don't forget about us.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
Old 11-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #23
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowEL2XR8

Satisfaction that they have made a contribution to keep this great site running.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #24
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Jesus some people are hard to please!

If someone cant do a transfer via internet banking and needs a credit card to do so then their computer skills are not "up to current day standards"

Ditto.. far out some people need to get a life...

Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #25
Coogs289
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf
how do you figure??? :
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #26
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default What have i created???

Just got on and amazed with the comments...
Hey!! All i want is to donate to this forum and yes i know the people who run the forum have got a life but all i`m saying if you say `2 weeks` to install this automated program, make it 2 weeks not 6 months.
Cheers
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #27
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I paid for my first year DM membership by my Credit card. All it took was a PM to Russ and all was sorted.

All the work that the Admin team put into this site is unbelievable. I for one, am happy to continue to pay the very small fee to help keep this site going.

As many have already said, thankyou Admin team for the great work you all do. It is appreciated.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #28
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly
Just got on and amazed with the comments...
Hey!! All i want is to donate to this forum and yes i know the people who run the forum have got a life but all i`m saying if you say `2 weeks` to install this automated program, make it 2 weeks not 6 months.
Cheers
Maybe you should read the whole thread, Laminge answered your question. It is also an idea to send a PM to admin in regards to issues like this as opposed to posting up a thread about it.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 12-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #29
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I must say I have been a donating member for a while now and it was done
by cc. All you need to do is send a PM to Russ who was more than help full.
In fact from memory he even gave me a phone number to contact him on so
I didn't have to pm or email my cc number.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 AM   #30
b2tf
not here much anymore

I think this has now been answered.