Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Looking at a LV Focus XR5T

Hey everyone, as the title suggests I am looking at trading my BA XR6 in on a new XR5T but I have a few questions for owners.

What is the build quality like?
Are there any common problems with them?
What are the costs of servicing like?
What are they like on fuel?

Has anyone else on here traded an XR6 in on an XR5T and what were your thoughts?

I haven't managed to get down to a dealer yet to have a look at one and go for a test drive hence all the questions.

Thanks in advance,
Will

WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

all you need to know is contained here:
www.fordxr5turbo.com

End of story.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
Hey everyone, as the title suggests I am looking at trading my BA XR6 in on a new XR5T but I have a few questions for owners.

What is the build quality like?
Are there any common problems with them?
What are the costs of servicing like?
What are they like on fuel?

Has anyone else on here traded an XR6 in on an XR5T and what were your thoughts?

I haven't managed to get down to a dealer yet to have a look at one and go for a test drive hence all the questions.

Thanks in advance,
Will
I would say that the build quality has improved on the LV model. I had an LS model and had no end of trouble. Having said that, you really should get in and go for a drive, form your own opinion and then do your research on your concerns. I believe mine was just a bad apple. Others have never experienced a problem.

The LS / LT models were very plain and simple on the inside. LV uses Carbon Fibre and a few other things to smarten the interior.

They are a fun car to drive. To liven them up more, you can get an off the shelf tune from the uk from a place called "Dreamscience". Use the DS and it awakens the beast with in. You will be amazed by just how much. Get it customed tuned, and I'm sure theres much more fun to be had.

Go for a test drive. Given it a boot full, watch out for torque steer, hold on and listen to the sound the engine makes inside the cabin.

Coming from a falcon to an XR5, you are going to notice size difference. But if you don't mind.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #4
66 STANG

As it happens I just ordered one of these today for my wife. We hopefully will pick it up on Friday afternoon. We settled on Blue with no stripes, sunroof or leather seats (only 2 seatbelts in the back with leather - 3 with standard cloth trim). Got what I thought was a deal too good to refuse! We test drove these before Christmas and were impressed. The LV model looks heaps better than the previous models (even though they all look great!). I am considering fitting the "Wolf" style stripe along the roof/bonnet. Ford dealers are keen to do great deals on these at the moment ('08 plate models).

Cheers and good luck with it.
66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #5
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a performance blue 08 plate model and there seems to be some decent deals around. I'm not overly fussed about them being smaller than my XR6 as I'm the sole occupant most of the time. However I am tall so I'll have to see how I go with leg and headroom.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

WILDB remember to bargain hard go to as many dealers as possible, dont tell them what your prefrences are eg colour trim combo.

And you will get a killer price.

Good Luck
Cheers Mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2009, 12:22 AM   #7
Tj-zetec
Knows nothing. Apparently

hmm, leg room should be an issue but i have heard complaints about head room. I've never noticed myself as i'm somewhat inflicted with duck's disease (main symptom: my **** being too close to the ground) so i haven't noticed.

Having said that, i got in my old LR just a little earlier tonight to move it and it felt a lot taller. My LV has a sunroof, the mechanicals of which are in the headlining, so perhaps that makes it feel a little lower.

And there ARE some gnarly deals on 08's at the moment.

I picked mine up for $40k flat, all on roads with leather, sunroof and Electric Orange which is nearly a $2k option on it's own.

1975 Mitsubishi/Chrysler GC Galant 2-door Hardtop. 4G63 DOHC heart transplant nearly complete!
Check out the build over here
Tj-zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I signed up today for an 08 LV XR5T in Performance Blue with a delivery time of approx 2 weeks (none in stock). : I got it for 36k driveaway with a 16k trade in on my BA XR6 which I was pretty impressed with. :

I'll post up some pics when I pick it up. :
Old 14-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #9
BrisVegas
Noobie

$36k driveaway is a super price. Well done! Enjoy the new pocket rocket.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Mullett
Badly Focused

That is good, especially with the 16k for your car. By driveaway, you're including stamp duty right?

I'm 6ft and I have LOTS of headroom left in my LT, and a 6'5" friend has no troubles either. The sunroof could compromise that though.

-RM.

93 GSR/Evo3...too much to mention, 12.2sec 1/4, FOR SALE!

*Maybe we don't try putting holes in things that sink, yeah?*
Mullett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #11
FRIKA
FRIKA

Well ive just joined the club as well with an LV Performance Blue XR5 08. Traded in from a Mondeo XR5 08. Yes you might think what the???? Unfortunately ive had nothing but trouble with the Mondeo by I love the XR5 so only choice was to go Focus. Would be a bit stupid to trade a Mondeo XR5 for another.
Old 15-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
Loris
Focus & Territory TDCi

im also looking into trading my TDCi for an LV XR5..

does anyone know how much I would get for an 08 TDCi on trade in with 7000km on the clock, titanium grey colour bought new 7months ago..?
Loris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #13
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullett
That is good, especially with the 16k for your car. By driveaway, you're including stamp duty right?
Yep, and I'm really happy with what I got for the XR6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullett
I'm 6ft and I have LOTS of headroom left in my LT, and a 6'5" friend has no troubles either. The sunroof could compromise that though.

-RM
The one I test drove had a sunroof and I didn't find any problems with the headroom, but the one I ordered was just a base spec model with no sunroof and cloth seats.
Old 15-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #14
66 STANG

We picked up our 08 LV XR5T on Friday - Performance Blue with no options - ended up getting it for $34,500 drive away including 12 months ACT business rego!! I believe there is still one in Brisbane for sale at $33,990 drive away including 6 months private QLD rego. Ours now has a grand total of 200Km on the clock and is running like a dream! I spent all day Saturday polishing and waxing it and detailing it properly as the pre-delivery detail left alot to be desired in my opinion.
66 STANG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post