Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Default Call for assistance - Volunteers required for Melb CBD Red Cross call centre

I have seen that many of you want to help in regards to the tragic events in Victoria yet you don't know where or how. Well this is YOUR chance to help. One of the tenants (UCMS - United Customer Management Services) in the building that I am Security Supervisor at has kindly donated their floor space and services to the Red Cross in order to cater to the extreme generosity of all Australian's.

So here I am calling all my fellow forumers to lend a hand, be it for half an hour or a whole day it all helps and is all appreciated. The times that we are struggling with mainly are during the hours of 9am and 5pm but we still require people at all times of the day.

The call centres operating hours are envisaged to be 6am through to midnight each day until the demand is no longer required. At this stage I can confirm that we are definitely operating today, tomorrow the 12th and Friday the 13th. If there is any change to these hours I will update this thread.

Any further enquiries can be directed to me on my work phone, 0404 820 771.

Even if it is only a half hour you can give it is appreciated. We are located at 452 Flinders Street Melbourne CBD on level 11.

Please let me know in this thread or by phone if you plan on coming in to assist with this very worthwhile cause, if you come between 8am and 4pm you even get to meet me!!! When you arrive just head straight to level 11 and register there. If you arrive prior to 730am or after 6pm just let the Security officer on the door know who you are and what you are here for.

No experience is required, as long as you can answer a phone and read a scripted response YOU CAN HELP.

Thanks,

Russell.

07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 12-02-2009, 10:24 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Thanks to those of you that have called and are coming in to help, it is appreciated.

We still need more people though so if anyone can spare any time to come in and help the Red Cross and organisers of this will be grateful.
Old 14-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Susan
Starter Motor

Hey Russell.I didnt get to meet you (Who were you?) but I came along yesterday and stayed till around close to midnight then took the nightrider bus home to Narre Warren sleep: it was amazing, The amount of support and donations from our fellow Australians is phenomenal. The amount of food and refreshments not to mention the delicious chocolates that was donated and given to us desk starved volunteers : was fantastic! The people there at UMCS are fabulous, I had a great time and met some lovely people. I may head back into town today if they need me as an extra as I can always hit one of the bars afterwards for a relaxer :

Cheers

ps: Fords are cool :
Old 14-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
Susan
Starter Motor

Oops I meant UCMS :
Old 14-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Cheers Susan, I had to head off at 4 yesterday to take care of a few other things.

As for the call centre it has now finished up so there is no need for anyone to head there.

Thank you so much to all those that did donate their time.
Closed Thread