Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
penrith_panther
EB II

Default Just won a fairmont ED Ghia hoping to use as spares and then sell

Hey guys
Not sure how much these are worth now but won ebay item# 110295735969 on ebay for $900. It's basically a 93 ED Fairmont Ghia and has done 170,000kms. Rego expires around Xmas.
Thinking of using this to exchange parts with my EB, in particular the boot garnish, trip computer, cruise control module and bem module..maybe even the doors as well and then sell off the rest of the car

I must admitt I was bidding for fun at the start but have to consider buying this now that I have won it. Think it's worth it? Let me know your thoughts

Cheers

penrith_panther is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Paxton
Cobblers!

Good buy.

Personally, I'd keep this on the road, and part out the EB. Mainly as the ED is newer, and is a Ghia. For the price, you'll make money on parts. Just my opinion, however.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
penrith_panther
EB II

I was thinking that but I have had the EB for over 2 years now. Spent 1000s on suspension, audio system, reco transmission. Plus it's on dedicated LPG. I am trying to con my sister into having the ED. I am not sure what economy will be like on petrol but if it's around 10L/100km then I will definitely keep it. At the moment the EB is drinking 20L LPG/100km
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
Paxton
Cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrith_panther
I was thinking that but I have had the EB for over 2 years now. Spent 1000s on suspension, audio system, reco transmission. Plus it's on dedicated LPG. I am trying to con my sister into having the ED. I am not sure what economy will be like on petrol but if it's around 10L/100km then I will definitely keep it. At the moment the EB is drinking 20L LPG/100km
You'll get close to Ten on the Freeway, but I can't comment on city driving, because every car is different.

Suspension, Radio and Transmissions can be transplanted with ease. You've got to ask yourself if you want the Leather, Climate and Cruise of the Ghia.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
penrith_panther
EB II

True that. Yeh city driving would be my main concern. To exchange all the parts im assuming it will be about $1000 in labor?
Old 11-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

So you've bid and now won the auction, and NOW you're trying to decide if you should buy it or not!

It's idiots like you who ruin ebay.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #7
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
So you've bid and now won the auction, and NOW you're trying to decide if you should buy it or not!

It's idiots like you who ruin ebay.
lol exactly
I only do nonsense like this once a year
buyers do it to me as a seller all the time
what goes around comes around
Old 11-10-2008, 06:08 PM   #8
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

i agree with private9 if you didnt really want car then dont bid and stuff everyone around, someone probably really needed that car, not to mention the seller has to stuff around relisting. If people have done it to you that doesnt make it right, you obviously know how p!ssed off you get one someone doesnt pay you.........moron.
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #9
penrith_panther
EB II

1) I never said it was right
2) They dont need to relist, there's a second chance offer for a bidder who bidded only $10 less
3) I never get ****ed off when someone doesn't pay so long as they mutually withdraw from the transaction so I get a refund of my fees (which they are always happy to do otherwise they get an unpaid item strike)
4) This is not a thread on righteousness
Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
asizzy

I think its a good Buy mate, will you use that and sell your EB or is your EB your life and just want to exchange all the good bits over?. And i also think that some people hear had bad experiences with Ebay, my opinion is if you dont like Ebay then stick with the good old Trading Post.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
penrith_panther
EB II

Fair enough.
Yeh it was one of those impulse bids cause it only had a bit of time left on it and there wasn't much time left to arrange an inspection.

I'm looking to exchange the parts I need. I pretty much have to keep my EB because so much has been spent on it...and of course LPG
Old 11-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

lol ebay gets you some times.............

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #13
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by penrith_panther
lol exactly
I only do nonsense like this once a year
buyers do it to me as a seller all the time
what goes around comes around
Seriously dude, grow a brain.
Old 20-10-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
penrith_panther
EB II

I asked the seller a few general questions and then asked if I could pick it up in a week. They then gave me the "this is a 93 model not 2008" and insisted they relist it so i said ok. It's listed at $800
Old 20-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #15
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Good. You stuffed them around and wasted their time. Questions are not for asking AFTER you win the auction.
Old 21-10-2008, 08:00 PM   #16
1FLYRYD
Boost Cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
Good. You stuffed them around and wasted their time. Questions are not for asking AFTER you win the auction.
+1 on that
1988 EA falcon, 20inch dark agents, cyprus blue, ED XR front, full EF fairmont interior conversion, built AU motor with modded BA turbo pistons, AiResearch T04, Snort manifold & 4inch dump, 50mm Synapse external gate, custom stainless 3inch exhaust & cooler piping, Synapse BOV, SMT8 piggy back, lowered on king sl's and ultima shocks, full noleathane bushings
1FLYRYD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #17
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As much as I agree with everyone elses thoughts on penrith_panther, I reckon the seller was itching to relist it to try and get more too. However, considering I had trouble selling my V8 ED Fairmont Ghia for $1750, I reckon he should have grabbed $900 for the 6 cyl and ran quickly. Its truly a throwaway society isn't it when such a usable car can be had for $900!!!
Old 21-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #18
penrith_panther
EB II

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconboy
As much as I agree with everyone elses thoughts on penrith_panther, I reckon the seller was itching to relist it to try and get more too. However, considering I had trouble selling my V8 ED Fairmont Ghia for $1750, I reckon he should have grabbed $900 for the 6 cyl and ran quickly. Its truly a throwaway society isn't it when such a usable car can be had for $900!!!
true that but I think old fords and holdens are generally in low demand. Pretty much everyone I know drives and loves asian cars
Im glad I didnt take it in the end. Have had 3 interviews recently, got 3 medical apointments coming up ...all of which came in the last minute...and university exams coming up in November so my selfishness in this case saved me. If i got the car I would have focussed on that more than the important things in my life. I must admitt I have an unhealthy ford obsession =p