The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

Default Trans coolers

Hi All.

Hearing mixed stories, so i thought i would ask here :

1. Is it true that Ford DON"T make a trans cooler kit for BA? :

2. Is it true that if you put an aftermarket one on (no mods, just cooler), you void your warranty???
One bloke i know fitted one to his territory, the auto went, and he had to pay to get it re-built...

Surely if you fit one, and help the auto (seeings i am getting a fourth auto in 7000km's), they would understand....

Cheers

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

The Territory comes with a trans cooler standard on the AWD & the RWD that has the factory tow bar.
The cooler is a new generation type cooler that looks like an intercooler, and is one of the biggest Ford have ever used (about a 22000 BTU Rating).

I'm not sure about the BA, but if the Territory has it I can't see why the BA wouldn't have one for their tow pack.

My mate had one fitted about 9 months ago to his BA XR6, no problems so far. It is a Drivetech Maxi cooler (same design as the original Territory cooler).
I think you'll find the cheaper coolers may be a problem, they cause an oil restriction, and the ION trans uses a low pressure oil pump for fuel ecoomy.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy_monkey
Hi All.

Surely if you fit one, and help the auto (seeings i am getting a fourth auto in 7000km's), they would understand....

Cheers
Use a Full Synthetic transmission oil, I only know of two companies that produce it - Castrol & FUCHS.

Penrite say they do, but last time I checked the specs it was a semi synthetic.

A full syn will cost about $11.00 & up, but well worth it for performance vehicles.
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

CHECK THIS THREAD. Post 11 there is a part number.
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ghlight=COOLER

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post