Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default car door locks -or not

Stupid Bathurst 77 comes out a shop theother day and loads his boot up, slams the lid closed and realises his keys were in the bag, in the boot, and the doors are still locked. 75 Km from home and spare keys. A few swearwords were muttered.

Bathurst 77 rings Ford Roadside assist, no worries they will be there within the hour. A short while later an NRMA van turns up. (in NSW Ford assist is contracted to nrma).

BAthurst77 is thinking, hmm these BAs have fancy Tibbe locks and deadlocks and smartlock and smartshield etc (Never mind any alarms etc) I hopehe doesnt have to do permanent damage needing expensive timeconsumign fixing. my own stupid fault!

Guy looks at the car, says "this will take a bit of time coz im being careful and dont want to scratch or damage your car, do you want to time me?"
I said "Ok"
He said "too late its open!"

Yep in the time it took to say those few words he was in! about 15seconds.
just using a bent bit of "coathangar wire" same way every car has been unlocked since the Model T!

I got in popped the boot switch on the dash retrieved my keys and drove away.....

Moral of the story NEVER LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR CAR!

Ok maybe the smartlock etc means it cant be driven, but it can be broken into and everything taken from it. New cars are no more secure then old ones.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #2
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Get an alarm, then it'd be;
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Guy looks at the car, says "this will take a bit of time coz im being careful and dont want to scratch or damage your car, do you want to time me?"
I said "Ok"
He said "too late its open!"
WHIR WHIR WHIR WHIR :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:02 PM   #3
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Yep makes you wonder dosnet it.

At least your car dosnet have a fun habit of activating hte central locking for no apparent reason. While your keys are in the ignition and youve stepped out momentarily!!!! Stupid Kias!
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #4
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Terror

At least your car dosnet have a fun habit of activating hte central locking for no apparent reason. While your keys are in the ignition and youve stepped out momentarily!!!! Stupid Kias!
I'm always paranoid that might happen, so I NEVER leave the keys in the car if I'm not in it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #5
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Take a look at your body computer; does it have HAL stamped on it, a little red light and a reassuring voice?

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #6
LTDHO
The one and only

Cars have to be easy to break into for those people who leave keys in their car!! :P

Seriously, This is why i always stress alarm systems, at you know when someone has broken in!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #7
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its because of central locking and not having deadlocks is why its so easy to get into most cars. SInce the advent of central locking is actually probably easier to get into cars....
It takes the NRMA alot longer to get into older cars from what ive seen (took them a while to get into my old Gemini when I locked the keys in the car....
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 12:17 PM   #8
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

its so easy now because we have the "saftey issue" of the locks releasing when the door handle is pulled from the inside.

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Probably best if you at least open the window enough to get your arm in if you're going to leave your keys in the car while it is unattended
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
kruxor
Starter Motor

This is probably one of the reasons that they are disabling the internal boot switch in the BA wagons, so people can leave valuables in the back.
kruxor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post