Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Angry Car Insurance Went Up

hey guys, just rang up my insurance company Budget Direct, about my insurance that is due in a months time, and Big Surprise It went Up Bloody Hell : , somethings never change, i was paying $663 before , then they tell me the new Total $678 WTF you got to be kidding me, i ended up pulling it back to $663 but it really frustrates me about insurance :SaiyanSmi , i was thinking it was going go down but instead it goes Up , it probably because i haven't been on my my full license for 2yrs , and i so can't wait to leave my screwed up suburb, Dandenong Insurance Premium are massive i was checking my car on different insurance company's and all of them were massive, thank god i'm shifting soon,

Anyone else noticed their insurance Preimums going up Instead of going down?

Old 26-05-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Must be the toll bars and padles that have been used
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Never count on insurance going down, I'd be extatic if it only went up $15 pa.

I've had several hikes with insurance premiums of the value of hundreds of dollars (even though my NCB had gone up a rating point), not $15.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG23BP
Must be the toll bars and padles that have been used
no they said, the area, driving experience, the flooods
Old 26-05-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your talking about a less than 2% increase on your insurance premium, which is probably in line with inflation anyway.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Shannons tried to put mine up by $100 for the year and at the same time drop the agreed value by $1500. A quick phone call changed all that pretty quick and got me back to the same as I was for the previous year. Got to love Shannons.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Happened to me with GIO as well, it jumped a cool $150 from memory due to my suburb. So I left them.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

when i was with just cars they tried to put it up ~20% one year.
i got older, car got older and decreased in value, it became longer since my last suspension and accident, same address and everything, and it went up. i thought it was bulls**t so used their online quote thing and that was $300 more again!

changed to sgio.
Old 26-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
Quicksand
Lucky, lucky bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Happened to me with GIO as well, it jumped a cool $150 from memory due to my suburb. So I left them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XR06T
changed to sgio.

SGIO nearly doubled my insurance cost when i switched suburbs. They were great for the first quote but got steadily more expensive for no reason at all.

they claimed that if i had've gone to a safer suburb than the one before, they would be writing me a cheque and it would have gone down...yeh right...

Our other car was with WQBE and that didn't go up when we moved suburbs; it's just another excuse/reason to charge more.

SGIO also charged me $40 just to change my address on their system. They again charged me $40 to make the change in their system when i changed finance companies. Once again Western QBE didn't make me pay for this kind of thing

Needless to say we changed everything across to WQBE and we pay half of what SGIO were charging us for a better deal.

What really urks me about insurance companies is when they make you SUFFER for using what you PAY for. I pay for my insurance however if i have a crash and i have to use the insurance i get slammed for using what i paid for by the premium/etc going up and still having to pay an excess on top of that. I understand most of their reasons for doing this but it's still a crock.

Gahhhhh

T
Old 26-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
Nickxb
XB in progress

Mate that a extremely small increase....
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Just got the new quote for my car insurance for the Kia Grand Carnival. 21 years old with no driving history - it went up $63% - from $85 per month to $135 per month...

Moving from NRMA to AAMI who quoted me $95 per month....

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
AUIII

I just went from a rating two to a rating one my insurance dropped from $48.97 a month to $36.48 : RACQ
Old 26-05-2008, 11:09 PM   #13
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Thats nothing, i got a letter from Shannons after having the XD insured with them for 3 months, saying it has been re-assessed and due to my age (21) that it was cancelled ~5 weeks beforehand...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #14
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIII
I just went from a rating two to a rating one my insurance dropped from $48.97 a month to $36.48 : RACQ
yep. unless you have a rating one, you'll ge screwed doesn't matter which way you look at it.

also, the suburb will have a big impact on it as well. i'm paying about $100 more on each car (yearly) after moving from north ipswich to browns plains.

one way to reduce insurance costs is to combine all your policies with the same insurance company.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post